Skill calculator

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skill calculator

Post by shemsuhor on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:16 am

Has anyone found or made a skill calculator similar to the d2items calc? (http://d2items.com/skills.php)
I saw the online+offline tools that have skill point allocation but they didnt indicate any effect of or on the skills, just a pretty image i can put numbers by.

shemsuhor
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skill calculator

Post by RollsRoyce on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:00 am

problem is that we dont have access to the textfiles, in which the calculations are made and median changes very fast so it would need many updates imo^^

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:46 pm

there is no point in one

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arcology on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:55 pm

It'd be extremely useful for figuring out procs or oskills on items you might want. Even if you have a level 120 of every class, and have every SU, there would a bunch of procs that you couldn't figure out. There is a lot of math involved, it's very tedious to figure out the damage formula in game, since it goes by 8 level steps.
Even if you have access to the oskill (usually you don't), you'd still have to reverse engineer the formula and then re-apply your character stats..

Once I figured out how to read MXL 2012 data with MPQ editor it was a breakthrough, now I could see the actual formulas, even if it's out of date as Rolls said. (But mostly hasn't been changed)

Though some people think 'experience' is enough, which..
-requires owning the item..
-not very accurate
-even more tedious

It's true it would need updating and access to current skills.txt, but even a non perfect one would be nice.

arcology
Onyx Knight

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:15 pm

Some sort of table/calculator/offline tool that summarizes the base damage of every skill in the game (at all the various levels) would be fantastic.
It's difficult for me to have even the slightest idea of how much damage a nova bomb proc or lava pit proc on my amulets do, or how rain of bombs on my quiver compare to a flamefront proc on another.
How much does dmg a lvl 16 cataclysm do? Or a lvl 23 lava pit?
Rolling a new char or getting gear with the respective items, and then remembering all their damage outputs and effects and mechanisms from every skill and oskill is practically impossible for casual players (time limitations, etc).
But alt-tabbing to a file that can list everything for you would be a blessing

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:22 am

there can't be a tool that is exactlly like the one you mentioned above because in mxl there are opts like +%spell dmg, +stats which affect skills's effect, unlike in clod there is only +skills. So it's very hard to calculate a skill dmg esp with a high slvl spell proc, like lv 45 nova on kill in ring-amulet, or lvl 44 doom on kill (w or w/o hlvl).

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:42 pm

@chickenfeeder wrote:there can't be a tool that is exactlly like the one you mentioned above because in mxl there are opts like +%spell dmg, +stats which affect skills's effect, unlike in clod there is only +skills. So it's very hard to calculate a skill dmg esp with a high slvl spell proc, like lv 45 nova on kill in ring-amulet, or lvl 44 doom on kill (w or w/o hlvl).

While true, I was hoping for a table of the skills without these factors (no energy factor, no spell damage getting incorporated, no hard skill points effects)
Like this:
http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/sorceress-fire.shtml
but more of a spreadsheet.

the documentation has a description for all the skills and oskills in a game and there's an ND table to accompany skills as well, but neither gives you an idea for how strong any given skill is (cataclysm or apocalypse for example).
Not to mention there is no database (except maybe potentially the search function) of skill mechanics.
Wychwind hits 25 times per second, but that's not written anywhere. Same with stormblast (though it does say "hits multiple times").

In fact i feel like the lack of these details can cause a great deal of confusion (a few weeks ago i and several other members were arguing about wychwind because of the ND table, for example).

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:28 pm

Yea, it would be useful, but it's a bunch of work.
If I had time, I'd do it... alas.
That's the problem with most people that actually know how to do it and could.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:50 pm

@Quirinus wrote:Yea, it would be useful, but it's a bunch of work.
If I had time, I'd do it... alas.
That's the problem with most people that actually know how to do it and could.

Damn Sad

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shemsuhor on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:25 am

@Asteroth wrote:Some sort of table/calculator/offline tool that summarizes the base damage of every skill in the game (at all the various levels) would be fantastic.
It's difficult for me to have even the slightest idea of how much damage a nova bomb proc or lava pit proc on my amulets do, or how rain of bombs on my quiver compare to a flamefront proc on another.
How much does dmg a lvl 16 cataclysm do? Or a lvl 23 lava pit?
Rolling a new char or getting gear with the respective items, and then remembering all their damage outputs and effects and mechanisms from every skill and oskill is practically impossible for casual players (time limitations, etc).
But alt-tabbing to a file that can list everything for you would be a blessing

Yes! This is exactly what im talking about. Theres A TON of skills in the game and its hard to find them time to test them all. It'd be great even to have dmg for every 8 levels up to 40 without any modifiers. Then we can have a somewhat accurate way to calculate our damage in theory crafting before spending a few days making a character that was a total bust.

If I get some extra time ill get base lines for 5/10/15/20 on the character skills and put it on a spread

shemsuhor
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum