Short Questions Thread

Page 1 of 100 1, 2, 3 ... 50 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Short Questions Thread

Post by archon256 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:15 pm

@SirTwiddle wrote: How does "% Life Stolen Per Hit" work? Is it a % of the mobs health being taken or a % of my health being returned? I've only got 6% at the moment and am not seeing a big return. Just wanted to understand the mechanic before I started tinkering with it.

Also, "Life When Struck By An Enemy" isn't making sense. What is considered being "Struck"?
Life on leech is reduced by a factor depending on your difficulty (to account for massively scaling player damage). The factor is 4 on hatred, 13.333 on terror and 65 on destruction. Source: LFAQ
In order to make the most of leech you're going to have to focus on both your physical damage and leech (see: jewelcrafting).

"Life When Struck" only works for melee hits, while "Damage reduced by" works for all hits.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by SirTwiddle on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:01 am

Thank you very much. I read what was in the LFAQ but there is no formula. I was looking for something like the Block formula, "Chance to Block = (Block% * (Dexterity - 16))/(Character_Level * 2)". This would clear up all my questions about it as it would explain exactly what factors into leech. I'm going to read the the documentation and see if I can find it.

I'm new to D2 and Median XL is my first experience with the series. Very fun but very technical. lol

SirTwiddle
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JaxonX on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:19 am

Hey guys.

i am using a bloodzon on hc (redvex set) and tried those seal of kharos rings like 1 week ago... drained  each 2% life per sec. tried them a few moments ago again to check dmg boost and now they do not drain hp anymore ?!? i do not have insane amounts of nor have eaten an apple or have tainted blood buff or anything else which could explain that. anyone has an possible answer for that?

not sure if it is just a bug and i can use them safety

JaxonX
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stig on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:10 am

Can anyone suggest a decent build to get the CFM upgrade (kill both avatars in 30 seconds). After searching the topic, it suggested summoner necro, but the topic was quite old. I currentley have an UHC, caster druid, a tantrum barb, and wwsin. Any respec builds for these chars able to do it? Any tips would be much welcomed.

Stig
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:17 am

caster druid, smax poison flash and ancient fiends --> minion life
keep summoning and when they appear kill them with --> Rain of Fire or Elemental max those to get them to max dmg

should work

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:13 pm

@Stig wrote:Can anyone suggest a decent build to get the CFM upgrade (kill both avatars in 30 seconds). After searching the topic, it suggested summoner necro, but the topic was quite old. I currentley have an UHC, caster druid, a tantrum barb, and wwsin. Any respec builds for these chars able to do it? Any tips would be much welcomed.

This upgrade is not about the build, but strategy… Namely: “Divide and Conquer!”  Cool 
Always try to detach the “Shoulder blades fella” from others… Or, an event with a single faithful Edyrem standing by the King is much easier too…
There are many ways of doing this: In-and-Out dance at the Jail entrance, using back of the Cathedral, Catacomb’s entrance dance, or even by a mad fight all over the Jail (my favourite  Very Happy )…
One more thing to remember is that Edyrems you’ll summon won’t trigger them Angels too often due to their avoid… Therefore, to speed things up, it is better to mix them with some other (easy to hit by the King) summons…
All you need with this strategy is something to dispose of Angels pretty quickly…  Thumbs Up 

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iomanip on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:48 pm

I did it with necro summoner/totem hybrid, several times.
Rhatmas chosen really helps for uh caster.

/io

iomanip
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stig on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:52 pm

Thanks for the replys guys! Those avatars are going dowwwwwwn!

Stig
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bzrk on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:29 pm

thoughts on leathdhiabhala bow? (the one with ctc ice lance on strike) Is it good? bad? Worth making a char for it? Does Ice Lance actually do reasonable damage so I can farm for shrines for -cold resis crafts and such

bzrk
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:35 pm

It's a good bow. You can use it with coldhunger helm (also has ctc ice lance) and hanabigami quiver.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 100 1, 2, 3 ... 50 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum