[2012] Compilation by ChuckNoRis

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [2012] Compilation by ChuckNoRis

Post by Wotan on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:22 am

Chuck is still around on the new forum, but with different name. Trust me.
avatar
Wotan
Madawc

Posts : 3629
TGBest Transferred
Country : Mongolia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [2012] Compilation by ChuckNoRis

Post by zerger on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:31 am

ah Chuck... I never liked this guy.

Ok some of his guides are interesting (neutraldin for ex) but there are a lot of things to keep in mind:

- he never hide the fact he always played twinked and sometimes, even use some legacy items. To my eyes, his guides are biased by the fact he played with a huge shared stash of SU, a newcomer will have a very hard time by following them

- total a**hole with newbies for some weird reasons....

- I could never forget his Stanceless Barb guide where you use stance :p
avatar
zerger
Spike Beast

Posts : 430
Country : France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [2012] Compilation by ChuckNoRis

Post by Wotan on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:41 am

He probably meant Barbless Stance. Very Happy ...
I never follow anybody's guide , especially the ones where you have all the charms with trophies. Basically its not a guide anymore , and more of a showcase.
avatar
Wotan
Madawc

Posts : 3629
TGBest Transferred
Country : Mongolia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [2012] Compilation by ChuckNoRis

Post by zerger on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am

@Wotan wrote:He probably meant Barbless Stance. Very Happy ...
I never follow anybody's guide , especially the ones where you have all the charms with trophies. Basically its not a guide anymore , and more of a showcase.

Yeah, totaly agree.
A good guide should be a guide which help you to reach lvl120 and to do ubbers. But in Mxl, as the game is balanced to have all kind of chars viable at endgame, this knowledge is independant of the char played, so most of the guides ended to be showcases, giving you some ideas about what kind of char you can play
avatar
zerger
Spike Beast

Posts : 430
Country : France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [2012] Compilation by ChuckNoRis

Post by BassToMouth on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Lol MXL: U at least, the end-game is not balanced at all...
avatar
BassToMouth
Mindless

Posts : 823
Country : ???

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [2012] Compilation by ChuckNoRis

Post by Thall on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:57 am

On one hand I can understand him not being overly kind to newcomers since a lot of people will come onto guides not knowing anything and expecting everyone to tell them without even bothering to read anything about the mod.

When I was new to median (2 years ago) I poured over the documents and all the information given on the website. I can kind of understand not appreciating people who don't know how to look for information themselves.
avatar
Thall
Bloody Butcher

We March For Macragge!
Posts : 482
Country : New Zeland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [2012] Compilation by ChuckNoRis

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:08 am

@Thall wrote:On one hand I can understand him not being overly kind to newcomers since a lot of people will come onto guides not knowing anything and expecting everyone to tell them without even bothering to read anything about the mod.

When I was new to median (2 years ago) I poured over the documents and all the information given on the website. I can kind of understand not appreciating people who don't know how to look for information themselves.

You know, it's a game, and people play it differently. Some people just want to play and not need to grab some docs to get to the next step. Would you play Diablo 3 and read a manual before playing? Hell no, that won't be fun. Specially when they tell you things like "when your life is set to 0, you die". So I can't really blame the people that don't want to study for a game.

Next thing, in a forum, asking questions is exactly what you do. I get stupid questions constantly in PMs and such, and I simply ignore them, no need to be a fag and create hate.

_____________________
http://www.median-xl.com Cookie monster
avatar
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer
Posts : 10178
Country : Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [2012] Compilation by ChuckNoRis

Post by Thall on Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:53 am

@MarcoNecroX wrote:
You know, it's a game, and people play it differently. Some people just want to play and not need to grab some docs to get to the next step. Would you play Diablo 3 and read a manual before playing? Hell no, that won't be fun. Specially when they tell you things like "when your life is set to 0, you die". So I can't really blame the people that don't want to study for a game.

Next thing, in a forum, asking questions is exactly what you do. I get stupid questions constantly in PMs and such, and I simply ignore them, no need to be a fag and create hate.

People need to learn to find information themselves before asking about it. Most of the time people are too lazy to look things up and I'm sure that those are the people that chuck would give shit to because I know I would. I don't mind people asking valid questions but I've come across people who are even too lazy to even type a phrase into Google and look at the first 5 results which usually have what they're looking for.
avatar
Thall
Bloody Butcher

We March For Macragge!
Posts : 482
Country : New Zeland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [2012] Compilation by ChuckNoRis

Post by Gekko64 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:49 pm

holy shit I had no idea Zohan was based on an Adam Sandler movie... watched it yesterday and laughed so hard... disco disco good good XD

I hope chuck comes back, not sure why he got so much hatred on this forum, he was very helpful to me. I guess being polite helps Very Happy
avatar
Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat
Posts : 948
Country : Italy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [2012] Compilation by ChuckNoRis

Post by bugme on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:09 pm

About the "Crystal" Sorceress build (number 9). I'm wondering that, on the suggested gear list, what does he mean by "Magical craft". Is it shrine crafting? or shrine blessing. Because when I use the Shrine craft recipe. It totally reroll all options of my item. So I think this is not good at all..... so confused.
And also about the Boots and Belt, he just wrote "Magical craft". So, what should I do with them?

Sorry but I'm new to this...

bugme
Fallen One

Posts : 2
Country : Cuba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [2012] Compilation by ChuckNoRis

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum