Imperius and Malthael help?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Imperius and Malthael help?

Post by Major Cooke on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:36 am

I wasn't aware that Imperius and Malthael can cast Rathma's Chosen upon themselves. Or is that actually just graveyard?

Regardless, I kinda need some ideas for how to deal with them and getting the bonus quest award. I've been at it for weeks now, using minions and I even tried the guide, but I'm starting to think this can't be done with a melee paladin.

Major Cooke
Darkwarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Imperius and Malthael help?

Post by chickenfeeder on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:29 am

a. You should Search b4 ask, I recall seeing Q&A about this quest somewhere, if you can't find it use short question thread.
b. melee holy or unholy? Unholy is much better against this quest, cause you need either strong summon or a good cast speed to keep re-summoning them rapidly, which a pala w/o SB doesn't have. Anyway, the easiest way to do this is having the charm in your stash already, so you should do it at least 2 times, the 1st to get the charm shouldn't be hard. The next tries, summon at inner sanc then walk to the entrance to jail lvl 3, lure them to the entrance by summon then enter jail, if uldyssian didn't follow you to jail or there were >1 edyrem follow him, get back on inner sanc then repeat. Once you are in jail with uldy, spam summoning and wait. When 1 avatar appear, keep summoning and drink pot, if your minions are tanky enough or you can make sure to always have them enough (SB form), don't be afraid. When there were so many edyrems and you feel you can't take more tremor dmg, SAE, retry. If you had a ssu heavy boots (50% magic res) tanking tremor should be easier. If you are lucky, 2 avatar can show up at the same time, or even if you are unlucky, 5-7 times would be enough to get those 2, may be along with ~20 edyrems, but that shouldn't be a problem, killing those two b*tchs takes less time than that those edyrems need to kill all your summon, may be 2-3s, town and upgrade.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zazz on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:12 am

@chickenfeeder wrote:a. You should Search b4 ask, I recall seeing Q&A about this quest somewhere, if you can't find it use short question thread.
b. melee holy or unholy? Unholy is much better against this quest, cause you need either strong summon or a good cast speed to keep re-summoning them rapidly, which a pala w/o SB doesn't have. Anyway, the easiest way to do this is having the charm in your stash already, so you should do it at least 2 times, the 1st to get the charm shouldn't be hard. The next tries, summon at inner sanc then walk to the entrance to jail lvl 3, lure them to the entrance by summon then enter jail, if uldyssian didn't follow you to jail or there were >1 edyrem follow him, get back on inner sanc then repeat. Once you are in jail with uldy, spam summoning and wait. When 1 avatar appear, keep summoning and drink pot, if your minions are tanky enough or you can make sure to always have them enough (SB form), don't be afraid. When there were so many edyrems and you feel you can't take more tremor dmg, SAE, retry. If you had a ssu heavy boots (50% magic res) tanking tremor should be easier. If you are lucky, 2 avatar can show up at the same time, or even if you are unlucky, 5-7 times would be enough to get those 2, may be along with ~20 edyrems, but that shouldn't be a problem, killing those two b*tchs takes less time than that those edyrems need to kill all your summon, may be 2-3s, town and upgrade.
Its now different. If you dont kill them fast enough, they will cast rathma chosen so waiting isnt working anymore.
Btw, if you dont kill fast enough, to break through rathma chosen (which grants 100% avoid) you should use poison damage (which pierce through avoid), from symphony of destruction. Max poison spell damage and - poison res and its down in a second Smile Good luck

@chicken không biết thì đừng chỉ bậy @@

zazz
Bone Sorcerer

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrBlackZ on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:00 am

Hey i think you should consider this method (not sure if it works for you, but fine to me  Very Happy )
1- Clear cathedral if you want (sometimes monsters inside can come and trouble you)
2- Summon them, then try to lure uldyssian to jail lv3. Do anything to tank him until 1 avatar appears.
3- Try to go back to IC without being followed by any edyrem. Summon again, then lure them all to Cathedral, and try to lure only Uldyssian back to IC (with 1 edyrem following maybe, coz it hard to leave them all), tank them with summons, you know, and the other avatar may be summoned, kill him, then go back to Jail lv3 and kill the rest (with ennead skill it should not be so hard to avoid edyrems with summons, or you can try to lure them upstairs and go back)
Facing both avatars with lots of edyrems and 2 nuclear bombs on the ground at a time may be risky, so it's advisable that you try to summon them separately  Smile 
It took me 1 try to get the charm upgraded

@zazz & chicken Ê 2 bác nói rõ giùm em được không sao em không thấy nó avoid gì ráo, em dùng con barb SB nó die nhanh và hầu như miss dưới 18% số hit mà, hay là tại em hên quá  Scratch 
@chicken em nghĩ summon 2 thằng bọn nó cùng 1 tầng thì hơi khó, 1 avatar thôi cũng summon liên tục sợ không tank được đâu, mà khi cả 2 con đều hiện lên thì tiếp cận bọn nó lại là vấn đề khác đấy, slow hit của edyrem kìa, có khi flood màn hình mà chả có kill được đâu  Very Angry

MrBlackZ
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zazz on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:07 pm

@mrbackz This is what called rathma chosen

zazz
Bone Sorcerer

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:37 pm

I don't know about that rathma chosen thing, may be ur right, anyway I did it 2 times, 1 by psn sorc and other by druid, the method shouldn't be different, what can you do other than luring uldy to another lvl? getting them along with their edyrems in same stair seems even more impossible. Anyway if this isn't work I have another way: clear cathedral, summon, lure uldy to jail, TP, go to inner cloister by waypoint, summon again, lure uldy to catacomb lvl 1, spam my summon to get 1 avatar, TP, go to jail, spam summon to get 2nd avatar, ofcourse if both 2 are mathael or inarius, SAE. When I got those 2 guys, kill 1 then rush to kill the other. Ofcourse this requires a stronger char and might take more time.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Istaryu on Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:42 pm

Try unholy caster, SOD deals with them quickly with strong poison dmg and -enemy poison resist, since it has nothing else to target

Istaryu
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soponator on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:02 pm

With Traprat i managed to bring them down pretty fast, but we have a very low cast rate (for summons).

Soponator
Baal

Hairy Ass Argentinian
TGGood 125

View user profile http://www.medianxl.com/t4645-bienvenidos-al-foro-oficial-de-med

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Yes, the problem isn't the boss but it's minions, eventhough they can cast RC then what? They are still very fragile, I think if they cast RC on their own then they can't do it if they die too quickly, otherwise if they have it as "on struck proc", use psn dmg like guys above suggested, or well, TP home and wait 120s then return with all your summon, now what can they do?
p/s: You should respect to UH if you are H atm, even Marco had to do so, said this quest is nearly impossible with H pal due to his low cast rate.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nikolaipka on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:49 am

Today i felt in a mood to try this also, i was preapared for hours of trying and did it from first time both parts Very Happy 30 sec total

nikolaipka
Fairy Witch

TGGood 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum