BoNeTHuG's LETS PLAY DIABLO II WITH A CONTROLLER

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BoNeTHuG's LETS PLAY DIABLO II WITH A CONTROLLER

Post by BoNeTHuG on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:35 pm

-PLAY DIABLO II WITH A CONTROLLER-

Let me introduce myself, I am BoNeTHuG, an a major fan of everything that goes on here. Well since no one else has released something like this for the public yet, I figured I'd be the one to do it. I hope it can be of some use to those looking to get even more enjoyment out of this oldschool fried chicken goodness. That's right.. I just referred to Diablo II as fried chicken.. what of it? Okay, so maybe you are like me and you like to play Diablo II from your couch whilst connected to the Television [however to connect from your computer to your nearest TV, HDMI or S-Video inputs and outputs along with the appropriate cable are required!], CONSOLE STYLE, with perfect controls that resemble true action rpg style layout. Lets all give a big cheer to the team who got it right the first time with Baldur's Gate. I had it on the gamecube and I just remember the controls being so fluid for an Action Rpg. Anyway let's not kid ourselves, we've all thought about it at some point. Cause lets face it.. there is no multi res for 1.13c which we all love to play Median XL online with. For those of you however, with multi res and using 1.12a, you will probably love this even more so. First a bit about myself, I am a huge fan of the immense work done on such an excellent Mod, which moreover has begun to define itself as an entirely new Diablo experience. For me.. I honestly felt Diablo III was a joke, an couldn't bare to pander with such linear idealisms and limited versatility. Diablo II with the Median Mod has made an otherwise old and dusty game into the gem among other games which have just came out. I personally, use a rather up to date piece of hardware but still find myself pulled within its dark nostalgic world. It was a classic, now it is a masterpiece. Okay, enough about that. The work put into getting this package together was rather simple. This is also in a .zip archive format so if anyone requests a .rar format I can post that aswell. I personally, hand crafted the controls on this one, the config files and setup files use an updated version of Xpadder which I'm sure you will all appreciate greatly seeing as how the easiest version to get will not comply with later operating systems without "compatibility correction", which even now has been found not to work on Windows 8.1. I've also done my best to adjust the responsiveness of the joysticks to emulate that of a mouse which would not be to fast where you are gliding across the screen when you dump inventory or pick items up, and not to slow, where it would feel like you are taking half a century to reach the pointer over a skill point allocation. This version I've uploaded will work on all the operating systems Xpadder naturally and natively supports.
There is to be no duplicating of this thread nor the package which someone else may decide to replicate and infringe apon the integrity of the archive. There are no viruses nor spyware once o ever to be found in this archive. Feel free to scan blast the chippings out of it.

What this package includes: Already [pre-configured] Console ARPG Style Controlls for the two most commonly used PC controllers on the planet: Diablo II pre-setup controls configuration file for Logitech Dual Action Controllers [Oldschool Model] PLUS Diablo II pre-setup controls configuration file for Logitech Dual Action F310 [Revamped Model With Xbox 360 Layout], also includes the application necessary to utilize said files; Xpadder.

Links For Pictures Of Working Uploaded Configurations:
https://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/18/82/90/53/oldsch12.png [Original Logitech Dual Action Controls]
https://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/18/82/90/53/f310_g10.png [F310 Logitech Dual Action Controls]

I will release the buttons to actions mappings list when I get a chance. This will hopefully help everyone else who is using a different controller to be able to quickly setup a comfortable configuration whilst utilizing the guide.

Software Required To Un-Pack Archive: WinZip or WinRAR.
Closest Controls Configuration Resemblance: Diablo I PlayStation I controls, influenced by the later released console version of Baldur's Gate.
Instructions: Unpack Archive anywhere, all files are in a folder already so they won't be flying all over the place when you extract them.
Double Click: Xpadder.exe [The rest beyond this point is self explanatory].

WARNING: These files are being given out for experimentation and educational purposes ONLY, not to exploit nor to try to market. I will not be responsible for your ass getting chewed out over some ignorant beef.  

Website Link For Download:
http://rapidshare.com/share/7280340107ECED097EE97EEE3418778B

As for what I want in return for all this.. hey.. just pay it forward. Help someone when you have the time, because that player you helped will most likely be the one to come back again and still continue to find the game engaging and fun. My username in-game is KuShToKeN. So if you see me and you happen to be using this to play the game, feel free to say whats up and throw me a gold coin or two. I'll be glad to know it was useful to some people out there who happen to enjoy this Mod as much as I do.

Last edited by BoNeTHuG on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:47 am; edited 4 times in total

BoNeTHuG
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BoNeTHuG's LETS PLAY DIABLO II WITH A CONTROLLER

Post by BoNeTHuG on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:51 pm

I realise that this would make chat via keyboards impossible unless you have a wireless keyboard an can switch fast enough to use both at once when you need to say something. But for those of us who just want to play or might not be in a talking mood, or perhaps are using a means of VOIP to chat, would not feel their gameplay hindered in anyway. Also, this might encourage other players out there to use VOIP systems like teamspeak, ventrillo, or skype more often whilst playing the game. There are moments where chat is just not possible because of the hoards of monsters attacking you. For those playing single player, none of that would apply as there is no chat system in single player mode.

BoNeTHuG
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:17 am

could you do this for the xbox 360 controller? sounds very interesting Smile

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Extretimate on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:22 am

Sounds difficult to play with (not doubting the fun).
I'd like to see people play hardcore (how far can you get) with this xD

Extretimate
Moon Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:11 am

looks fun

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:30 am

thanks but no.it's harder to cheese with a controller
how's the weather in Sahara bro?  Twisted Evil 

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:12 pm

Fine... one cookie down and the post deleted  Rolling Eyes 
What makes you execute unknown .exe files just like that? How trusted is your source to be able to delete my comments to promote this thread? Do you know how many e-mails I get a day advising me to download this and that? Let it be Kambala, Whist or Quirinus to make a suggestion and no bloody concerns will be raised...  Silent

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoNeTHuG on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:57 pm

There should be no concerns raised at all. I understand it is very easy to be cynical over a [less than 1 MB download] but this is not something that anyone should fear. You pa5call should [or perhaps I should say could] recognize when someone is just trying to give back to the community and its creator. This is just another example of someone trying to shoot down innovation. I did this because I feel paying tribute can be worthwhile if it will bring others out of the wood work to play Diablo II whilst now feeling FULLY REMASTERED. Clearly the grander aspects shine through, much more of an open world feel and more endgame content than you could shake a stick at. I think the people here who have worked on this Mod for countless hours and devoted time out of their daily lives deserve a serious medal for Mod making. As it is one thing to modify a game, its another to literally create an entirely new experience from an old classic. So you see, this is about getting the word out, if even just to a few people, cause those few people might tell a few more people, and so on. Being able to play Diablo II with a controller can just be considered another perk of visiting this website, or trying out the Mod. This thread was created with the intention of bringing new players into the game whilst giving current ones a new option to the way they play the game today. Also let it be known, I did not say using a controller is better in anyway, shape, or form. I just think it is a great alternative for those who might fall into the categories of people that I listed in the post above. It might enhance the perception of a game with an older graphics engine an make them much more bearable at a distance. Some may say, particularly with games using lower resolution sprites, the further you are from the screen the less apparent the blocky texture pixilation is. I believe this to be true with Diablo II. However, with the Multires Mod applied, higher resolution in a separate 1.12a installation obviously has its advantages. Also, if you read the previous posts, the television connection might be very appealing to some, it can also make backgrounds feel more appealing when you can view them on your TV. Most of the time people just run and glide through things slaying everything in their path, but have you ever stopped to analyze the hard work put into the art of the grounds your character walks on?

BoNeTHuG
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoNeTHuG on Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:41 am

Manual Guide For Setting Up Diablo II Controls Within Xpadder 2014 Edition, Universal Controls                                                                                         
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[Left] Joystick [Up] - Mouse Move Up
[Left] Joystick [Down] - Mouse Move Down
[Left] Joystick [Left] - Mouse Move Left
[Left] Joystick [Right] - Mouse Move Right
[Left Joystick ONLY~Emulation Speed: 32 by 32, If this is not the default setting already, alter this setting, but touch nothing else unless you know what you are doing!]
[D PAD Up] - Q [Toggle Quests]
[D PAD Down] - TAB [Toggle Map]
[D PAD Left] - C [Toggle Character Status]
[D PAD Right] - I [Toggle Inventory]
[Left Joystick Clicked In] - M [Toggle Current Chat Overview]
[Right Joystick Clicked In] - ESC [Escape Menu]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Right Joystick] - NOT USED - Unless you'd like to switch any of the following buttons to actions I've listed with the Right Joystick movement, but personally I wouldn't do that.
However, if you wanted to link them for utilizing hotkeys connected to the Right Mouse Click action, it might be worth trying depending on your build. Just keep in mind, the right joystick can be rather sensitive so if you do that make sure to lower the Emulation Speed to what suites you best.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Left Side Middle Button, Either The Start Or Back Button Usually] - P [Toggle Party Menu]
[Right Side Middle Button, Either The Start Or Back Button Usually] - T [Toggle Skill Tree]
[Left Side Top Trigger] - ALT [Toggle Viewable Loot Text]
[Right Side Top Trigger] - Shift [Hold Character In Place]
[Left Side Bottom Trigger] - 1 [Belt Buckle Potion Slot 1]
[Right Side Bottom Trigger] - 2 [Belt Buckle Potion Slot 2]
{{{{The 4 Buttons On The Right Side Of Your Controller}}}}
~[Right (Sometimes B) Button] - 3 [Belt Buckle Potion Slot 3]~
~[Down (Sometimes A) Button] - 4 [Belt Buckle Potion Slot 4]~
~[Up (Sometimes Y) Button] - Right Mouse Click [Use Character's Selected Right Side Skill Action]
~[Left (Sometimes X) Button] - Left Mouse Click [Move Character, Use Character's Left Side Skill Action When Holding Right Side Top Trigger]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
****BoNeTHuG gives everyone much love! Enjoy  Cheers!  ****

BoNeTHuG
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TR0LL1N on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:14 am

I used to play with my xbox360 controller when i got bored lol

I got a cheap wired one from gamestop then dl'd the software from windows to enable it then set controls like i liked

I did

L & R 2 as mouse left and right buttons
L & R 1 Pots L life R Mana
a,b,x,y up down left right(d pad) all skills(one or 2 may have been shift and invo)
The analog as mouse movement
Select was Walk/Run
Start was ESC

on Sorcs/Necros/Druids it was like a 3rd person Shooter game

I had the most fun on my ww barb with it.

I dont know if it was because I am left handed or what but i actually found it easier once i got the controls/skills setup just right

TR0LL1N
Kill Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum