What's with my Throwsin? Any suggestions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's with my Throwsin? Any suggestions?

Post by Meltzie on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:40 am

My Gear:

My Stats:

Gear in text
Spoiler:
SSSU Throwing Knife Dark Nemesis, SU Ring Mail Hratli's Craft, SU Tiara Royal Circlet, SU Parma Norrec's Targe, Ghal runeword "Ahriman" belt, Crafted boots and gloves mo'd with MF, +str and dex, Lamen of the Archbishop Amulet (+73 dex one), 2x Ring of Truth mo'd with MF, Dex and Thunder hammer

I also have eth sots in the stash but I wanted to give Hratli a try so I'm currently using it.

I have 54% block and 61% avoid. 3299 hp. So far have used ~20 sigs of learning.
I have 466% MF, did some mo'ing to get enough MF to get good drops while farming (that'd be good if I could farm..)
My throwing knife has Jah's in sockets. Shield has Lum runes. Everything else has pAmethysts.

I'm not sure whether to use maelstrom or storm crows. I think storm crows deals more damage but it's somewhat less-multi-target... Actually tried maxing both but still didn't have good killspeed.

Currently I can't do Tran, Dunc, or DCows. Tcows I can but slowly(lol?).
Trying to farm in Dest act 2 sewers.. Embarassed 

Any suggestions on how I can deal more damage or where I can farm for better gear?

Meltzie
Shock Stinger

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's with my Throwsin? Any suggestions?

Post by tencanek on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:03 am

Hello there Very Happy 

Creed set as full replacement of your current equip is popular for a loooong time since the old MXL days.
Weapon is very bad and lacks on striking procs, I myself prefer Piranha Swarm the most, 2x poison rune knife also doesnt look bad and large quantity of SSSU obsessed players also suggest Penumbra as top choice.
Hratli is also heavily used, but its defensive armor. For offensive choice, TU Chain mail is the best one for its op undelayed proc, cold damage, reanimates and lots of MO space.
Also, I would change belt for lotteried TU Deadfall but i have phallic fixation for cheap equipment.
Boots are great, but try out Akarat Treks or vasilly set boots if u are poor man, or craft new boots with simillar stats and celerity proc.
Also change rings for lotteried empyreans to raise your hitpoint count.

For stats, its classic dexterity setup, thus sinking everything into dex and leave zero if u can in strenght.

And skills, as far as i remember: put something into blink, vamp icon, queen of blades and sumpermax fire and lighting ways, perf. being and rest can come into maelstorm.

For playstyle, use maelstrom for farming and wychwind to kill bosses and through-wall-cheesing. Also use blink and vamp icon frequently. And if you are not that lazy, use bloodlust from shamanka on switch or from two crafted claws with nih runes.

GLHF!

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meltzie on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:41 am

@tencanek wrote:Hello there Very Happy 

Creed set as full replacement of your current equip is popular for a loooong time since the old MXL days.
Weapon is very bad and lacks on striking procs, I myself prefer Piranha Swarm the most, 2x poison rune knife also doesnt look bad and large quantity of SSSU obsessed players also suggest Penumbra as top choice.
Hratli is also heavily used, but its defensive armor. For offensive choice, TU Chain mail is the best one for its op undelayed proc, cold damage, reanimates and lots of MO space.
Also, I would change belt for lotteried TU Deadfall but i have phallic fixation for cheap equipment.
Boots are great, but try out Akarat Treks or vasilly set boots if u are poor man, or craft new boots with simillar stats and celerity proc.
Also change rings for lotteried empyreans to raise your hitpoint count.

For stats, its classic dexterity setup, thus sinking everything into dex and leave zero if u can in strenght.

And skills, as far as i remember: put something into blink, vamp icon, queen of blades and sumpermax fire and lighting ways, perf. being and rest can come into maelstorm.

For playstyle, use maelstrom for farming and wychwind to kill bosses and through-wall-cheesing. Also use blink and vamp icon frequently. And if you are not that lazy, use bloodlust from shamanka on switch or from two crafted claws with nih runes.

GLHF!
Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestions.
I actually have Creed full set. Until I manage to get Piranha or another knife, do you think that Creed set would be a better use?
I am not sure how Wychwind works. I think it's changed. How am I supposed to use it to kill the bosses?

Meltzie
Shock Stinger

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:03 pm

For the weapon, 2x poison rw, angler's hook, penumbra or crafted balanced knife with on striking proc (knife throw, scorpion/shadow blade). Gloves and boots zomg dex crafts with %bonus to dex as high as possible and flat dex, rest MO it with -30 enemy fire resist and -30 enemy lightning resist. For rings use emp bands with 5% attributes mo`ed with -enemy fire and lightning res and thunder hammers, for amu use doom ctc, +3sk (maybe 5 with blessed oil of luck), TTAD, mo`ed with -enemy fire and lightning res and thunder hammers. Put perfect amethysts in armors, Io runes in shield, Jah in weapon, or you can use crafted jewels (ber runes) with 2% life leech, 2% bonus dex, flat stats, resists, fcr, fhr, depending on what you need. Creed set is another good way to go with crafted jewels.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:42 pm

Hello,
I actually have Creed full set. Until I manage to get Piranha or another knife, do you think that Creed set would be a better use?
I am not sure how Wychwind works. I think it's changed. How am I supposed to use it to kill the bosses?[/quote]

Yes, deffinitely use creed if you have it. Creed knife is very common drop, so i suggest to keep every single one you pick up during your journey until you succeed in double MOrbing it. For sockets, use perfect ametysts everywhere, P rainbows in weapon and P turqoises in shield. Wychwind is simply most OP skill in throwsin tree, you throw wychwind knife, instantly got darkblue debuff overlay on urself and when knife shatters over obstacle, wall or monster, insane multihitting field is created within short delay, dealing 1/3 weapon damage of your normal knife throw power, triggering all your fancy on striking procs, which usually carries your full normal knife throw damage.

Lots of new players simply ignores this marvel, not realizing its maybe the BEST ranged skill in entire median, due its multihitting nature. For antibossing strategy, simply spam wychvind near wall, summon boss and run away(but not that far, because arrow and knife proc has range of just 15 yards, as Marco said once). Or against non-summonable bosses, spam summons(best are edyrems) directly on enemys head and spam wych during that phase. Its hillarious skill and once you get used to it, you wont leave it behind.

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:49 pm

@tencanek wrote:Hello,
I am not sure how Wychwind works. I think it's changed. How am I supposed to use it to kill the bosses?

Yes, deffinitely use creed if you have it. Creed knife is very common drop, so i suggest to keep every single one you pick up during your journey until you succeed in double MOrbing it. For sockets, use perfect ametysts everywhere, P rainbows in weapon and P turqoises in shield. Wychwind is simply most OP skill in throwsin tree, you throw wychwind knife, instantly got darkblue debuff overlay on urself and when knife shatters over obstacle, wall or monster, insane multihitting field is created within short delay, dealing 1/3 weapon damage of your normal knife throw power, triggering all your fancy on striking procs, which usually carries your full normal knife throw damage.

Lots of new players simply ignores this marvel, not realizing its maybe the BEST ranged skill in entire median, due its multihitting nature. For antibossing strategy, simply spam wychvind near wall, summon boss and run away(but not that far, because arrow and knife proc has range of just 15 yards, as Marco said once). Or against non-summonable bosses, spam summons(best are edyrems) directly on enemys head and spam wych during that phase. Its hillarious skill and once you get used to it, you wont leave it behind. [/quote]

Wychwind hits 25/sec, and you can stack multiple WWs in same spot (from what I hear from other players), which means you can proc 100+/sec easily.
Also, with creed set, you can stand in flames in become a minigun!

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:49 pm

[quote="Asteroth"]
@tencanek wrote:Hello,

Wychwind hits 25/sec, and you can stack multiple WWs in same spot (from what I hear from other players), which means you can proc 100+/sec easily.
Also, with creed set, you can stand in flames in become a minigun!

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum