Got stuck at Level Challenge 2 with Paladin

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Got stuck at Level Challenge 2 with Paladin

Post by snoopcho on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Hello guys Smile Im kinda new here ... and got stuck so i need some help ... hope here is the right place to ask. I have a 90 lvl paladin in single player speced in holy melee build and i got stucked at Level Challenge 2 ... the main skills i use are Retaliate and Hammerstrike , also maxed Lionhearth and Merkabeh. As soon as i summon the mages i try to separate 2-3 of them ... but that doesnt help, everything kills me in almost instantly (am talking about the flying fire and lighting orbs) ... also if i try to melee attack the mages (cuz i dont have any other way to deal with them) they kill me with 1 hit (i have 55k defence, and max resistances). I tried some kind of others specs too but nothing seems to be working.

Can u please give me any tips or ways to beat this challenge with paladin ? Thanks

snoopcho
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Got stuck at Level Challenge 2 with Paladin

Post by pa5call on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:38 pm

I think U should act like U're not Holy Melee on this occasion, staying at least half a screen away from the nearest mage  Laughing 
..idk whats the quickest.. maybe a Circlet re-rolled to Brimstone and some + skills along with crafted boots for +fire dmg and -enemy fire res... if U persist in not using the Mind Fly that is  Whistling

...will leave the "Short Q suggestion" to somebody else below (;

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Making honorific gloves/boots to overcap your resists + socketing with pgems for +max can also work for melee i guess.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arcology on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:53 pm

Yeah, in fact the pgems are not required, just stacking 200-250 resist over max (they pierce that much) will cut their damage to 1/8th (25% instead of 200%).

arcology
Onyx Knight

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:09 pm

@arcology wrote:Yeah, in fact the pgems are not required, just stacking 200-250 resist over max (they pierce that much) will cut their damage to 1/8th (25% instead of 200%).

i stacke more than 400% and didnt help anything
how does melee char do this challenge without respeccing or having already gear of full perfect gems with max ress?

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Stun on atack from MOs in your weapon. Lure mobs one by one OR 1 point into sacred armor + scourge.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:49 pm

im talking about melee chars in total

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:38 am

why u need to survive when it only requires u to live when the boss is killed? Scratch  If you want to tank them like a boss, which means nothing in terror (no charm no farm) do as guys above said, stack res, pgems etc. Otherwise if you don't mind dying several times just choose plague, summon them then drag them out slowly, colosseum + hammer or reta + plague should take them down quickly, even 2-3 guards at the same time. This doesn't need respecting, otherwise, respect and max LAS, VOj, Merkah... and run(yes run not walk) till they die. Kinda easy, not to mention that if you summon them near the corner only 1-2 guards will come out along with boss.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:44 am

@Str0b3l wrote:im talking about melee chars in total

I've done this with melee. How ? Softcore > summon him to get a few minions as possible (cheese if you have to) > run back and around to spread minions so you can take 1 or 2 at a time > Stun orbs on Weapon > swag + yolo - you kill one minion - you die - come back kill one more - die again > yes, its annoying, but doable.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:19 am

I use lolsummons with my holy melee. Summon, run like mad. Slowly come back and use lolsummons to bait a single fighter away from boss and take his ass out using hit/run tactics. Rinse/repeat until only boss is left and rape his face. BTW, you'll need some hefty resists if you plan on tanking these guys for more than a few hits. Otherwise, just plan on a long fight. I did it last two times without stacking resists to account for piercing. How? Their attacks are very predictable; separate one of them and hit him, then run away like a little bitch avoiding his attack, and do it again. Only hurts when they do that ring of ice, but it won't kill you.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum