Favorite Villain in a Game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Villain in a Game?

Post by Diminished Heathen on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:43 pm

Alright,
So I would argue that a good villain is what separates a good game from a memorably good game.

What makes a villain truly stand out? Often times it's-

Power
Motive
Personality

Who would make your favorite video game villain and why? Give a description of his power, what drives him to do what he does.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Villain in a Game?

Post by Aspirine101 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Why don't you post one first? Smile

Well here it goes:
Garrett, from the thief series, esp deadly shadows (since it's the one I played the most)
He's badass, shadowy, dark, knows how to kill (unless you engage combat  Rolling Eyes  ), how to steal, how to pick locks and how to run, a master of his kind Very Happy
Only supernatural stuff he has are his mechanical eye that allows you to zoom and elemental arrows.
"what drives him to do what he does." - Well, from what I understand, in Deadly Shadows he was an acolyte of a secret "cult" of people called Keepers, which were studying/using marks known as Glyphs that had supernatural powers.. From what I understand they wanted to save the world from apocalypse that will strike it according to prophercies. At first you don't really see that, you're just stealin' stuff to make a living until one of the keepers summons you and you start doing tasks for them, later one of them dies and they accuse you of killing her, even tho you didn't do that so you start doing your own research and find out that one of the keepers betrayed the cult and found glyphs that will turn him to an immortal being, then comes your mission to kill him, in his immortal form (logic), and save the world from said apocalypse. The end Razz

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:21 pm

I heard it's pretty difficult to kill an immortal...

Ok,

Jon Irenicus from Baldurs' Gate II.

He's a mage, who can easily outpower the entire cowled wizard clan of mages, fighting multiple at a time and instantly detonating them. the strongest spells in the D&D universe have no effect on him. Making him one of the most powerful mage in the entire D&D franchise.

His motives for God Like power (Which he would have used for good) had him exiled from his elven people, and stripped of his soul (immortality). Which naturally ends with a very angry mage who goes on a killing spree to get immortality and god like power.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:16 pm

@Diminished Heathen wrote:I heard it's pretty difficult to kill an immortal...

Ok,

Jon Irenicus from Baldurs' Gate II.

He's a mage, who can easily outpower the entire cowled wizard clan of mages, fighting multiple at a time and instantly detonating them. the strongest spells in the D&D universe have no effect on him. Making him one of the most powerful mage in the entire D&D franchise.

His motives for God Like power (Which he would have used for good) had him exiled from his elven people, and stripped of his soul (immortality). Which naturally ends with a very angry mage who goes on a killing spree to get immortality and god like power.
Was one of the easiest, trust me Razz

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum