Page 26 of 109 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 67 ... 109  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MXL Ultimative XV announced

Post by Zartok on Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:24 am

Whist:
@whist wrote:
@Asteroth wrote:
@MarcoNecroX wrote:
@Asteroth wrote:If we could pick up gold by walking over it that'd be great (island of the sunless sea drops so much gold it blocks out all other items, and it's so tedious trying to pick up the gold) (i do know it's probably impossible to mod, but since we're talking about engines, this is one feature i do wish one could introduce)

that's already implemented in sigma. Whether the next version after XV is sigma 001, depends entirely up to whist giving me the working dlls  Twisted Evil 

Sweet!  Very Happy  +1

> Isn't the one to code the auto gold pickup
> Gets the cookie for it anyway

GG Laughing

Have you given any thought to the affix overflow bug with set items? How mousing over some set items when wearing the full set crashes the game?

Already done as well. The item desc code has been fully replaced, thanks to sir Mnw1995 Smile

+street creds (cookie) for whist ;D

Zartok
Edyrem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:30 am

@whist wrote:
@Asteroth wrote:
@MarcoNecroX wrote:
@Asteroth wrote:If we could pick up gold by walking over it that'd be great (island of the sunless sea drops so much gold it blocks out all other items, and it's so tedious trying to pick up the gold) (i do know it's probably impossible to mod, but since we're talking about engines, this is one feature i do wish one could introduce)

that's already implemented in sigma. Whether the next version after XV is sigma 001, depends entirely up to whist giving me the working dlls  Twisted Evil 

Sweet!  Very Happy  +1

> Isn't the one to code the auto gold pickup
> Gets the cookie for it anyway

GG Laughing

That's why you are my bitch Smile

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:08 am

Okay, here's another suggestion for the barb dual-wield tree. Again, there's two variants possible, one that uses WDM procs and the other spell damage procs.  

Bloodhatred
Requires dual-wield, requires a melee target
The barbarian violently lashes out with such force that enemies behind his primary target also feel his fury. An attack this desperate drains his life, but seeing his foes crumble before him gives him renewed vigor.
Same as before, but now the attack also spawns an invisible missile that hits enemies in a line behind him, doing 1/2x weapon damage. The idea is to add a small amount of AoE while you're charging up, so that losing the stacks mid-fight doesn't mean you lose a lot of your DPS.
Synergy: The AoE attack gains lightning damage for hard-points in Lightning Lord (passive, described below).

Eye of the Storm
In his fury, the berserker calls down the might of the storm god with every blow
This is meant to be a spell-damage melee ability similar to the assassin's Twin Fang. The skill generates a marker on the ground and after a short-delay the marker spawns four lightning nova of different radius. (You'd have to generate a spawner missile that spawns the largest nova first as a HitSubMissile and another spawner missile as its SubMissile. This new spawner would generate another, smaller, nova and another spawner, etc.) The idea is that monsters closest to where you attack will get hit more times than ones farther out, but you'll have to adjust the damages of the novas so that it isn't actually 4x the damage at the center. More like 2x, IMO.

War cry
Requires Bloodhatred state, Shout, ranged-lock-out, .
The barbarian gives voice to his fury, burning his foes alive with an impassioned cry
Enemies in a large range around the barb take fire damage and are feared for 0.1s. Nearby enemies take double damage. Locks out ranged skills for 8s. Damage and fear duration scale with slvl (max fear duration of 1s?).  
Synergy: Adds lightning damage for hard-points in Eye of the Storm.
Self-synergy: Hard points reduce ranged-lock-out timer. Min timer 4s?
Okay, so technically this isn't a dual-wield skill. But it fits thematically with the tree, and allows us to put in another spell-damage-scaling ability.  It locks out Fortress, but it should be able to do more damage in a spell-damage build, and has the additional utility of fearing enemies, which can be chained with Thunderslam to extend the crowd control even further.
It's also another multi-nova ability (double-damage to nearby enemies) so that you're rewarded for actually entering melee range with it instead of shouting at things that are a screen away.

Lightning Lord
Passive
The storm god rewards the berserker's devotion by blessing his attacks and those of his spirit guardians with lightning
Adds lightning damage to the missiles generated by Bloodhatred and the summons generated by the skill below. (Does not add lightning damage to all other attacks, so other barb builds are not affected.) Hard points in the skill increase the damage added by X%

Warband
In desperation, the berserker's blows call out to his ancestors and their spirits descend to protect him in his hour of need
Cone-shaped AoE that hits targets in front of the barbarian. For every target hit there's an X% chance that an Ancestral Spirit is summoned. The spirit cannot be targeted and dies after a very short duration (spawns with -%max HP regen). While it's alive every hit it does procs a low-AoE low-level Tremor (target takes %max HP as magic damage). Additional levels in the skill allow the spirit to last longer (by adding %max HP regen), capped at some low duration.
Synergy: The spirits gain lightning damage for hard-points in Lightning Lord.

So this is a bit of a funky skill that's based on the Bloodspeaker's Mark oskill, the A4 merc's Warband ability, the Dark Nephalem in the Judgment Day quest, etc. The idea is that once you've charged Blood hatred to max you unleash this ability for AoE. The spawn% and tremor damage will have to be balanced so that the damage done at max duration and attack speed is comparable to stacking up on crushing blow. They can also proc Wolf Companion doom damage, so that might be a fun alternative build.
It might be tricky coding-wise too, I was thinking of having the AoE missile generate a 25/20 missile for every target it hits and then using sHitPar1 of 0 for the range, which means it'll refer to calc1 of skills.txt for the range which you can set to (rand(0,99) < 1 ? 20 : 0) and then spawn the summon when its submissile hits for a 1% chance to spawn. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll try myself, and in the worst-case you could just have it spawn 1 spirit per attack.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:17 am

Random post. I'm for the most part staying out of this one so I'm not frustrated when things don't go my way.

Random ideas I'm not sure if even possible.

Make a boss that has high HP different in the sense of when it gets down to 1/2 HP it summons a copy of itself with the 1/2 HP. This makes a monster take 1.5 usual life to kill and 2 bosses are twice as hard.

Hard code edit idea. Always make the last corpse the corpse you get. What I mean is, if you die on the way to recover, you lose your items.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:18 am

Where have you been mate?

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bardamu on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:23 am

@Sexen wrote:Hard code edit idea. Always make the last corpse the corpse you get. What I mean is, if you die on the way to recover, you lose your items.
Save&exit fest.

bardamu
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:41 am

Real life and ps3. Plus I'm giving Marco space to work without having to deal with my trolling.

Yea I considered s/e fest for realm. I got the idea from a ps3 game called dark souls. Basically when you die your unspent points are left as a bloodstain type thing and if you die on the way to your "body" you lose the first one. Makes the game quite difficult but also kind of fun. I know its probably not possible for this game but maybe it will inspire something similar. The first suggestion is from the same game in which an enemy is reenforced by a secondary enemy once you reduce its HP to half. Pretty frustrating the first few times I tried it.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:36 am

You do not want fast paced, epileptic episode inducing dark souls. Trust me, you really don't. You think you do... but you don't.

Just to reiterate, you don't.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:43 am

@Sexen
Most bosses fights can already be copied of WoW. Enough variety, but its a totally different thing if they can be implemented.
For example : I really like this one back in TBC
Illidari Councils from Black Temple:
5 councils - paladin, mage, warrior, warlock and rogue. Their HP is chained. No matter which boss you hit, they all take damage.
Reliquary of Souls:
Another brilliant idea, and again Black Temple. 1 boss - 3 totally different stages. The stages were on a timer, but in Diablo they could be made @ certain boss %hp.
Marco feel free to get your inspiration of old WoW patches. TBC, Vanilla. Simple and yet delightfully challenging.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:01 am

Yes yes YES! WoW tactics FTW!

I wasn't playing at TBC, and I killed the illidari councils a few times at wotlk on retail, but can't remember anything about them, they sound almost same as the Blood Prince Council in ICC tho!

Also there are some tactics which aren't really worth implementing, like fire bomb from geddon, which blasts your party members after a few seconds so you must run away when you get the debuff. Maybe it would be nice however, if there was a boss in a huge open room that continously summons mobs and one of them has a chance to be explosive so you need to run away from him (it can be done, in clod you probably remember the explosive guys in A5, something like this would be cool)

Or maybe some immune phase which lasts for a little while and makes the boss spill around some bombs you need to run from... sindy from ICC in my mind atm Very Happy

But ofc let marco just finish XV peacefully, then talk about it ^^

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 109 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 67 ... 109  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum