GFX Artist Needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GFX Artist Needed

Post by whist on Fri May 02, 2014 7:01 pm

Since the beginning, I've been making the GUI images myself as I was progressively replacing the GUI code, but now I have to stop doing this. I'm a very slow worker when it comes to GFX editing, and I'm not that talented either to be honest. That is, I need a GFX artist (or more than one, there's plenty of GUI that needs to be done still) that will do the work for me, so that I can fully focus on the coding part.

I want to keep the D3-style GUI and I would give you some basic guidelines. Example, the skill tree should have three pages, with a section on the top right for blah and blah. But other than very vague guidelines and a core style to follow, you would be free to design the GUI as you like it. I might ask you to change 1 or 2 things once I see the final result for various reasons, but that shouldn't happen a lot.

If you are interested, just leave a reply here, tell me a little about your experience. Don't go and post your full resume as if you were applying for a job, I just need to know whether you can do it or not. Basically just look at the few finished GUI stuff I posted in various screenshots. If you can do as good, or better, you're qualified enough for me. As for the time, you won't be rushed. You're not paid for this, so I don't expect you to provide fantastic final products within an hour. Take your time, work on it when you want to, and send me the final result when you're done.

So that's it. If you would like to help in hopefully making the development take less time than it already does, while also contributing to it, apply here. Everyone that will make GUI for the mod will be credited as well.

A quick list of the GUI that needs to be done on top of my head for fun:

Character Inventory
Horadric Cube Inventory
Stash Inventory
Multiplayer Trade Inventory
Merchant Inventory
Mercenary Inventory
Waypoint Panel
Quest Panel
Subquest Panel
Skill Tree Panel
Charsi Imbue, Tal Rasha Tomb Staff Socket, Larzuk Socketing, etc
Inifuss Scroll Panel
Character Creation Screen
Realm GUI (channel and etc)
In-game Configuration Panel
Multiplayer Party Panel
Ally Icons (summons, mercs, etc)
Main Menu Buttons (mine look bad and some are missing as well)
[...]

Thanks!

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GFX Artist Needed

Post by Zartok on Sat May 03, 2014 2:03 pm

Hello Whist, I am usually just lurking around the forums but this post caught my attention.

I would love to help out making GUI in sigma and from what I've seen you post I would manage to do what you do Smile
It is a great excuse for me to start playing around with photoshop again and since there is no time pressure this will be a great thing to do in my spare time.

My name is Per Kristian and I've been messing around with photoshop since 2006 (with breaks), this is the samples i managed to find on the internet that i designed/made.
Edit: Too bad I did not find the pixel weapon/armors i made for stonegard

From 2008:
A forum signature:

A menu for a online game:

Just me derping with photoshop:

Some stuff that i made last year:

My Logo:

Just a photoshoped picture of me:

Zartok
Edyrem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat May 03, 2014 6:25 pm

^ Nice

Exactly what is needed is experience with photoshop, because many of the tasks to create GUI require usually taking existing pictures and converting them into a certain size & form, to finally end them doing a few contrast/brightness maybe lightning changes.

Since most of the GUI is based on source images (which are likely to be from D3 as main thread suggests) - the trick here is to have good eye and be able to choose the best looking combinations of source pics to get a good-looking UI. This requires patience (thing which both me and whist don't have atm) - but there is time, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Mr Green's Umbrella 

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zartok on Sat May 03, 2014 11:52 pm

Ah, nice. Do you have a place where you gathered the source images so I can start editing? I got some ideas about the skill-trees Smile

Also, is there an easier way to talk to you 2 without posting a comment here every time?

Zartok
Edyrem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat May 03, 2014 11:55 pm

Do you have Diablo 3? I belive you can download a free edition which will come with the full game installation. Then you just extract all of it's UI and pretty much got a lot of source pics to 'draw' the UI with them Smile

you can add me on skype, same username

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Sun May 04, 2014 3:25 am

Same here, my skype is publicly available via my profile here on the forums, and you can also communicate with me via private messages. I will contact you soon about this.

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimoth on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:30 pm

If you ever decide to step away from the D3 mashup approach, let me know. I have a lot of exerience with GUI work, but I prefer to work from scratch.

I do item assets as well.

http://www.medianxl.com/t3138-releasedaim-s-assets-12-18-2014#67740

Daimoth
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum