Paladin having some trouble?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paladin having some trouble?

Post by Basha on Sun May 04, 2014 3:42 pm

So i'm playing a holy paladin, i'm lvl 112 atm, single player on XIV-b, all my resists are at 75%, only problem is, I don't really know how I should gear this badboy. I've seen a big difficulty increase on Terror from act 3 to 4, specially in the river of flame...can't get past Diablo right now no matter which merc I use, and I really don't know what I could use better than what I have.

Tried searching a bit in here for help but yea, i'm not really playing based on any guide, playing on the holy side right now so my VoJ is a BEAST (or should I say was?).

So far I have lmax'd VoJ & LS, Merkabah is maxed and Retaliate (I prefer it to hammerstrike due to big aoe & knockback) and the rest of my points are in LH
My VoJ does 5k to 8k with every blast, but I can't make it past half of Diablo's life before it's just a killfest. I don't really see anything interesting on the holy dragon skilltree, is there something in there I should try?

Current Gear
Weapon: Vindicatress TU6 (2 pally skills, 37% Reanimates as Broken Soul)
Shield: Catechumen TU6 w/ Lo, Gul, Mal, Pul (Reists) (Resists, CTC on attack, 18% Reanimates as Crimson Templar)
Armor: Glass Queen TU6 w/ Ko runes (% Strenght) (-EMR, FCR, Resists)
Boots: Lionpaw TU6 (Def, All Attributes)
Belt: Pulsa Dinura TU6 (Skills, FCR, LaeK)
Gloves: Crafted (1 Skill, EFSD) (Best I could do so far)
Helm: Skull Lord TU4 (upgrading is costly lol) (EFSD, 14% Reanimates as Knight of Famine)
on switch i have a TU6 Bonerattler maul.
Did the Ennead Challenge for my class charm, got the Sunstone fully upgraded. Couldn't do LC2, levels went way too quick and I don't wanna go back 20 levels for it (could do it but meh).

My merc atm is a Priestess with shockwave T6 long war bow, TU6 Carmen Arvale, TU5 Deadfall, T6 Lilly Circlet, Zealot Rush T6 & TU4 Kali gloves.

I just need help, there isn't 300 MXL forums and I don't really know what to do...  Hitting a Wall

Basha
Living Flame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Paladin having some trouble?

Post by suchbalance on Sun May 04, 2014 4:40 pm

I assume the problem comes because Diablo melees you to death? He has a very strong zeal attack.

The gear you have chosen does not have much in the way of defence, and that is quite important before you have the dmg to 1 shot everything on the screen. One thing you should try if you havent already is to MO it with a priority to max Enhanced Defence, maybe try to roll a lucky oil on each piece too.

Regarding skills - its fine to stick only to the left side of the holy tab, if you wish. You can make it work just fine (as with most things in median). Problem is I don't think it complements VoJ too much. Both hammerstrike and retaliate are better ways to deal damage than VoJ, and using them means you can free up so many points from VoJ and LS that go in defensive skills.

You need a maxed Lionheart to make you tankier. I would also max Colosseum - it's awesome and will help you survive too. Rapture is definitely something you should put more points in too, I would even max it - more defense, more offense, more movespeed just great. Merkabah is definitely something you want to leave as a 1 pointer that will get stronger naturally as your character becomes stronger and gets more points in strength. You do not currently have the gear setup that buffs magic spell damage to such an extent that the extra points you have in this skill are good.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Sun May 04, 2014 4:51 pm

It seems u geared him up not quite right, and from ur sks plan u r using a lazydin not holy lol. No wonder why he was so week, u need ton of phys/magic spell dmg so that voj and mehka can really dmg monster, not to mention they get nothing from ur -res so ur armor is useless. But np, u can still play as pure holy melee, max plague (and hammerstrike if u want), get >=100 -enemy fire and psn res, as many %cb as possible. Base on this gear should be tu6 heavy belt, light plated boots, chain gloves or heavy gloves etc. Using colosseum, retaliate and hammers will get u through main act easily. Later farm dest nihlathak and u will get stronger quickly. Terror diablo is just a b*tch if u can make some basic combo with colloseum Very Happy

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Sun May 04, 2014 10:29 pm

Okay i will try:

First of all change your armor - im a big fan of jitans kamon orbed with 15% ed orbs and socketed with jah runes.

Then theres the weapon ~ this is by far your biggest problem !
maybe have a look at qoaoar sur rw in paladin blunt weapons// gehenna in a mace (should also work in an angel star) and calypso rw in a hammer. ( all are nice to have ) -use a high ar% double mo base item and orb LEEEEECH
As gloves those Tu6 heavy gloves offer all you need !
Same as for the belt -Tu6 deadfall is a beast
Cham boots will also increase your single target killing ability

in your shield you should also consider to put some jah runes after maxing out its ed%

this should solve almost all your problems

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Westville on Sun May 04, 2014 11:39 pm

Basha PM me and we will get on hamachi; Ill help you. I have a holy paladin myself so it will be great to compare and learn. I don't really play on TSW anymore because its springtime/summertime; though I will be back around winter. I also don't play single player for the same reason; but I dont mind jumping on to show you a few things and help you enjoy the char.

When I first played median xl back in 2007 I believe I chose the same tree as you; and got my ass handed to me....felt literal at first. I don't sign on everyday; but I do sign on periodically; so I'll eventually respond!

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Basha on Mon May 05, 2014 2:10 am

Well, I finally (by getting a "well equipped" barb merc) got past Diablo, but now i'm on my way to Baal and I made some switch... not really sure how this forum works so if you wanna PM me no trouble... Level 118 right now... just got my first 3 set pieces, got Celestia's Charge, Rathma's Chase & Imperius' Crusade, so I guess i'll be doing fine, I just switched him to UC with a Magister TU5 so with mindflay I do some pretty damage in Superbeast form... ummm... i'll see how far i'll go and hope to get Baal before 120, if possible, else i'll just try for more sets  Thinking Thinking

Basha
Living Flame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum