Crafted Naginata's

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crafted Naginata's

Post by Sexen on Mon May 05, 2014 9:37 pm

Ok well I am crafting a naginata like the topic says and I would like general feedback on which I should keep and which I should toss. Also any feedback on mod's that would be good to have that I may not be keeping will be welcome as well. They are all numbered so it would help if you gave your feedback in numeric form. Thanks!

Example;
1. Keep
2. Toss
Etc.

Spoiler:

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crafted Naginata's

Post by munkyh3ad on Mon May 05, 2014 10:56 pm

I would chose between 6 7 10 12 and toss the rest. I think 10 is best, and 6 is 2nd best.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Tue May 06, 2014 1:48 am

So claw tornado is best. What about balefire? I heard that was a good proc.

Edit: I wish more people gave a shit and helped me for a change. Anyways round 2 thanks for your input so far Very Happy

Spoiler:

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There is no apostrophe in a non-possessive plural.

Post by gregre on Tue May 06, 2014 6:54 am

They're all trash (no worthwhile max-dam (up to 1000) on a weapon that is senseless to choose (over shield/claw) without it), but I would mark 1 as King of the First Trash Heap. edit. And 21 as King of the Second Trash Heap./edit.

Regarding the recommendations of 6,7, 10 & 12,
    6 has a proc that does not kill things and thus should be ignored when you're picking the cannon for your glass cannon build.
    10 has a WDM proc, but it's effective in a cone in front of you. As an abandoned-crafted naginata build (i.e., not fascinating/shimmering-crafted for flower-power attacks) you are likely progressing in a naginata-AoE/Barrier Strike-sized path of death straight forward, and this proc will make little difference.
    12 lol. Again, the initial missile direction will point in the direction you are attacking, largely hitting junk in front of you which should already be melting from your native skills.
    7 is the only WDM on-kill proc you have rolled, but again it is without worthwhile max-dam.

1 has the mediocre benefits of 6,7,10 & 12 (the lower +dex% should not be considered, yet, as it should not be a higher priority than max-dam, on-kill WDM proc, or +skills when choosing your cannon) but with a high frequency, high damage-to-energy-investment proc.
I would prefer on-attack Balefire to on-kill ATMG again because of the general attack plan, described above (i.e., it will hit the zone of immediate concern--all around you--as opposed to leaving turrets in a trail of dead things behind you), but on-kill Hammertime, Shower of Rocks, or Spike Nova to both.

edit. It seems you are immediately disqualifying your high max-dam rolls because they do not have a proc, and, again, I do not judge this the best priority./edit.

PS. Stop whining: you're lucky not to be banned.

gregre
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Tue May 06, 2014 7:19 am

24 Could be used as a nice on-switch wep

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by arcology on Tue May 06, 2014 8:31 am

@Sexen wrote:Crafted Naginata's
mod's
 Nope 

If you want a really good weapon you should use a rare, not a craft. Funny how everyone thinks otherwise, I should make a guide.

Craft
4 affixes
2 shrine bless
double MO

Rare
6 affixes
1 shrine bless
22 lower required level (+11 basic MOs)

weapon affixes are very strong so it's an easy choice, plus higher chance of getting the ones you want.

arcology
Onyx Knight

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Tue May 06, 2014 10:26 am

In my opinion 27 takes the lead, 10 dropping down to 2nd place.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Tue May 06, 2014 1:36 pm

1, 11, 14 imo. But as a small advice, the ones with wdm procs craft them with wierd shrine so you could get some affixes like spike nova/hammertime/claw tornado/atmg, 9-10 sin skills, 350 ed%, max damage or add damage as high as possible so you will just orb them with LL for 60%. As small mention, the one with atmg annihilates everything if you use doom ctc. The ones with brimstone, balefire, flamestrike should be crafted with fascinating shrine to reach fire spell damage as high as possible for the proc. Here is a good example -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jrd5tbnHTc / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fVYBYrH19A

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Wed May 07, 2014 5:08 am

@gregre wrote:Quit being a noob and use weird shrines. You are quite stupid for not doing so.

Oh silly me. I had forgotten to use weird shrines on weapons. Thanks for taking the time to give me comprehensive advice.

PS. Stop whining: you're lucky not to be banned.

For what exactly? I never break any rules and I was told by three different moderators that I was allowed to be my normal troll self. The only thing I have done is completely disagree with the mod maker about a few things. People use to openly flame laz and wouldn't get banned. If some other mod did he usually reversed it. I never openly flame Twisted Evil

[Picture]Awesome Screenshot[/Picture]

Idc if your mad or don't like me gregre. I still respect and admire you and oorsombie. I forgot how much of a grammar nazi you are/were. Your eyes are gonna bleed every time I post from one of these "smart" phones that have unintelligent auto-correct. Seriously thanks for pointing out my stupidity and I look forward to more of your hilarious posts. <3

Thanks everyone for your ideas and feedback. I will post another series of pics in a little while that should be better than the previous.

Edit: @arcology crafts get 4 affixes and up to 3 shrine affixes. That makes 7 on a great craft. Double mo for three umo's on a normal ilvl 99 item will equal more than the two extra ones you get from a craft. No doubt rares can be nice, but crafts can be better.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Wed May 07, 2014 9:00 am

all crap but 1. is best

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down