Getting back into XL Ultimative, what's the best class to go solo?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting back into XL Ultimative, what's the best class to go solo?

Post by tyranius on Tue May 06, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi there, I'm trying to get back into Median XL, figured I'd go with the newest version - XIV. The thing is, this time I'm going at it alone [had a friend to help me last time] so I'm looking for the class most fit to go at it solo. Saying the class and a build suggestion is fine too.

Thanks in advance.

tyranius
Vampiress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting back into XL Ultimative, what's the best class to go solo?

Post by chickenfeeder on Tue May 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Lighting/cold sorc, pros: insane boss killer, easy and safe to farm, later walk in TA and dunc like a boss. Cons: need crafting. Stuck in fauzt, but u can resp to psn and use psn set (easy to get) anytime.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Tue May 06, 2014 4:54 pm

Skill: max icequeen, warp armor, witch blood, 16 pts familiar, 1-10 cold elem and frigid sphere, choose thunderstone or tempest to max or 1 pts, up to u. Choose early gear from docs, sr i resp to light cold at dest so i dont know 'bout this. Later change your weapon and armor to ilvl 99 rare, the rest use honorific. Basically u can follow bass2mouth's unholy casterdin guide in gearing part. Use tempest/ abyss/ stf to train and controll crowd, abyss and ts to f*ck boss. Hope it helps. Gl and hf.
P/s sr i can't edit with my java phone, have to doublepost Very Happy

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Thu May 08, 2014 6:14 pm

Summoner necro is a good choice. By the second act, your summons can be immune to basically everything except physical, and can lay waste to everything. And they mainly cost gold to make them viable.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Fri May 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Necromancer is the best option indeed. But not a Summoner Necro -for the god sake!  Hitting a Wall 
Yes, use summons, but only to buff U or tank for you... Damage is to be dealt best with an unique crossbow supported by Fire totems. Pure summoner is totally unable to do most of the ubers... and that's what this game is all about -doing ubers for charms first of all...  Exclamation  Crossbow Necro will take U to the end game content in no time  Wink  -while summoner ..well, NEVER!  Razz
I trust U will use alrady available skills for the life boost and life leech plus the fire damage and maybe the Slow... Anything beyond that is just an eye candy... (bearing in mind summons and fire totems as stated above)
..easy peasy  Whistling

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri May 09, 2014 1:37 pm

@Diminished Heathen wrote:Summoner necro is a good choice. By the second act, your summons can be immune to basically everything except physical, and can lay waste to everything. And they mainly cost gold to make them viable.

lol they gave you a title for that thread you opened Laughing 

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Fri May 09, 2014 5:14 pm

@Quirinus wrote: lol they gave you a title for that thread you opened Laughing 

I noticed. It's an honor!

And I'm pretty sure there was a guide that showed summoner necros doing ubers. It's perfectly viable.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Sat May 10, 2014 1:28 am

I'm sure U're pretty referring to some guide instead of the actual experience... Wanna see the video wild killing the Quov Tsin with a viable summoner  Eh? 
..don't get me wrong -been there for several days just to prove I've failed in proving the mod wrong by thinking summoner rocks  Booty Shake

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Sat May 10, 2014 5:41 am

I used to always choose summon nec in the past, but this mod changed me Laughing. So hard to do ubers as we can't tell them to atk this not that or protect char not to go away :lol:And if u said it mainly costs gold then may be u haven't bring it to fauzt, even TA is a pain as the most important aura-bringer die in 1-2 hits with 400-500% minion life. summon nec can be viable in main act but for uber he sucks without another char getting him some decent gears. May be it's just me, I played a summon nec back in 2012 v4 and afaik ultimative is harder.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Sat May 10, 2014 6:52 am

I made a summon necro guide and I'd have to say it's a great build *until* you start doing ubers, as only the easy ones are doable in any realistic amount of time**. The nice thing about them is you can have nothing in terms of gear, play casually, and still make it deep into the game before having to respec, however just know that you will eventually have to respec to complete the other ubers. If you enjoy a summoner type build, you can always respec to a totemancer with full caster gear, however I found it easier to respec to an xbow necro as I found the gear was fairly similar to my old summoners.

**to be perfectly fair to the build, I never bothered farming for perfect SU gear so I really don't know what a perfect summoner is capable of. Basically, the summoner moves so slowly compared to every other build out there, it can get quite boring, which is the main reason I gave up on him.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum