Baal Destruction

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Baal Destruction

Post by Azurewrath on Wed May 07, 2014 7:59 pm

So,i searched forum a bit,found several topics that talk about baal destruction but not very clearly if i may say that.

Feel free to redirect me to some other post i may have missed that explains this.

Problem is Baal on Desruction, i read alot how to kill him with caster,i understood that with summoner he is quite hard...but how about melee?in my specific case barbarian,but i would rly like to know the mechanics of this fight,his spells,his shard spawn thing and such so I can adapt better.

So Baal has heroic shield from wich he drops some immunities sometimes,in the meantime he spawns those shards. I got that,but i kep dying to shards,that oneshot me someimes,and i couldn't find an explanation why is that so?

I rly dont need complete guide how to kill him skill by skill ,just some explanations of Baal's spells and abilities wich i'm obvioulsy missing and keep dying cause of that.

Azurewrath
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Baal Destruction

Post by Asteroth on Wed May 07, 2014 8:41 pm

@Azurewrath wrote:So,i searched forum a bit,found several topics that talk about baal destruction but not very clearly if i may say that.

Feel free to redirect me to some other post i may have missed that explains this.

Problem is Baal on Desruction, i read alot how to kill him with caster,i understood that with summoner he is quite hard...but how about melee?in my specific case barbarian,but i would rly like to know the mechanics of this fight,his spells,his shard spawn thing and such so I can adapt better.

So Baal has heroic shield from wich he drops some immunities sometimes,in the meantime he spawns those shards. I got that,but i kep dying to shards,that oneshot me someimes,and i couldn't find an explanation why is that so?

I rly dont need complete guide how to kill him skill by skill ,just some explanations of Baal's spells and abilities wich i'm obvioulsy missing and keep dying cause of that.

When you kill his soulshards, you will see a blue light flying around from their corpses. If you get struck by this light, you will be debuffed temporarily (you will see a light above your head) and any amount of dmg from any source (even 1 dmg) will insta-kill you.

As a barb, get -enemy light res, and use stormblast to kill baal.
I had ~800k defense, so Baal could rarely hit me. If you get in his face, he doesn't summon many shards, and you will eventually kill him. I could do it in ~5 minutes.

Get rid of summons/reanimates. The more of these you have active, the more shards baal will summon.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Thu May 08, 2014 3:20 am

when his shield drops he dies in 1 hit so just be a bit patient.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azurewrath on Thu May 08, 2014 8:27 am

Yeah,that one-shots were confusing me,i knew i was somethign about shards but didn't find any info what exactly. ty, will be easier now

Azurewrath
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Thu May 08, 2014 8:37 am

The last unique boss drops a pearl, with this exact info. Before Baal runs into the Worldstone room.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu May 08, 2014 9:49 am

If you attack baal with shower of rocks, it will kill shardspawns without you dying, even if you get the debuff from them.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spaceman2k on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:38 pm

I have also problems to kill him.

I tried several Chars / Builds but weren't sucessfull.

Fortress Barb: Not enough Damage on Baal, Shardminions spawns like hell, dies slowly
Stormblast: Highest Damage so far, Baal up to 45% hp left, but Spawns kill me too fast.

Traprat: Same problem. Hit Baal only little.
ATMG Sin, Psionic Storm Sin: Same, less damage, high Shard-spawn rate

@Quirinus wrote:If you attack baal with shower of rocks, it will kill shardspawns without you dying, even if you get the debuff from them.
Doesn't work for me.
Still instakills me.

Any other hints?
I have almost in all slots sacred items.
I think my Def is too small. 50k is not much i think. Damage should be ok, i instakill almost everything on my way to baal (Fortressbarb / Stormblastbarb / Traprat)

spaceman2k
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:41 pm

I killed him with fortressbarb without having specific items for that build...it's just a matter of patience.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:45 pm

He’s very easy  Smile -Just cheese him  Shhh –the secret is to use the Dark Summoning on him –end of the fight in no time!  Dancing 
 Mr Green's Umbrella

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:48 pm

That's the end of the fight for everyone =))

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum