"Tackling the Butcher"

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Tackling the Butcher"

Post by Estheliel on Sat May 10, 2014 10:33 pm

All right, been playing for a while and no problems whatsoever so far, documentation helps more than my mom and it kept me on the line on doing what's right.
I got lv 89 elemental druid glasscannon idiot who dies if you hit him 7-8 times. Nothing wrong with that as I got 25 acid fiends and so far my plague avatar hits for 30k which is good I think and I got rain of fire and freezing gale to deal with whoever is immune to poison and shit. I just did the "Binding of Baal" and got a small small glimpse of what this mod is truly for and I must say I've never felt so good of being squashed like a bug, god it's such a relief though I only died twice which I think it's an achievement.
But...now! I have to do the Butcher! I mean yes, it says lv115 is suggested but I can't just let Kabraxis laugh in my face and be like huehuehuehuehue "You can't do my trail of fear lol nab".

So if tl;dr can someone help me with a tactic to beat the Butcher as an elemental druid? I swear he wasn't this hard at DB I .

Estheliel
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Tackling the Butcher"

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sat May 10, 2014 10:41 pm

only keep 1 summon alive at all times so he wont get stuck behind a wall and unable to walk into the pentagram he summons. Additionally, use a teleport skill to teleport behind a pentagram when he spawns one in order to make him walk into it and kill him.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Sat May 10, 2014 11:53 pm

The one summon only idea sounded good until the teleport came up... If teleporting, all your summons will follow so no need for single summon tactics...  Wink  ...I'd summon the lot as he will trigger the star only after hitting a few... Then its only a matter of blinking behind the star, switching to pure rampage and repeat... I like to take a break while re-summoning at the entrance too Whistling 

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Sat May 10, 2014 11:55 pm

Ahh The Butcher, i love him he has one of my favorite mechanics and is truly unique.

So normally he has immunity to all damage, 200 physical/magic/fire/lightning/cold and 1000 poison resistance. But when he is hit there is a chance he spawn a pentagram on the ground, and you have to lure him inside the pentagram where he losses his immunities and actually gets -50 physical/magic/fire/lightning/cold resistance but he still has 750 poison resistance, so he doesn't take poison damage but takes more of any other damage.

Best way to do him is to use summons, to tank him until he spawn a pentagram in a central area of the room (ignore the pentagrams that spawn near the walls it's harder to lure him into one). So when you see a pentagram somewhere in the middle use Blink (from Character Orb) and teleport furthest behind the pentagram, in such a way that when he runs towards you and your summons towards him they meet on the pentagram, that's when you hit him, and basically repeat this pattern a few times. When he is dead you get swirls, so transmute your class charm and get Trial of Fear completed.

Also be aware than in his room there is a gold chest, that chest drops items that all have item level 99. For weapons and armor it's not that useful, but if by chance you get a rare ring/amulet/jewel/quiver you can reroll it and get the best out of it. And if you get only a magic ring/amulet/jewel/quiver you can still use the Chaos reroll recipe about 9 times (untill item lvl 90 cause it's the same as item lvl 99) and it will lose 1 lvl every time but it will eventually turn your magic ring/amulet/jewel/quiver into a rare (with more affixes that you can reroll with Oil of Renewal), maybe you will even get a unique with the Chaos reroll recipe, but really chances are slim.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun May 11, 2014 3:36 am

@pa5call wrote:The one summon only idea sounded good until the teleport came up... If teleporting, all your summons will follow so no need for single summon tactics...  Wink  ...I'd summon the lot as he will trigger the star only after hitting a few... Then its only a matter of blinking behind the star, switching to pure rampage and repeat... I like to take a break while re-summoning at the entrance too Whistling 

The only problem is summons are fast and if one of them blocks the butcher then you have to wait for the cooldown to try again. This way u can tele away with a smaller chance that'll happen or just let the summon die. Multiple summons are awesome with bend the shadows though.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben- on Sun May 11, 2014 4:37 am

summon 10 butchers and have 25 acid fiends.. there will be plenty of pentagrams Smile

Ben-
War Thug

British Gentleben
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun May 11, 2014 7:42 am

@Ben- wrote:summon 10 butchers and have 25 acid fiends.. there will be plenty of pentagrams Smile

You know...that's actually not a bad idea.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sun May 11, 2014 11:06 am

@Ben- wrote:summon 10 butchers and have 25 acid fiends.. there will be plenty of pentagrams Smile

^yep, best way to do it. There will be a pentagram under at least one Butcher every few sec.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Estheliel on Sun May 11, 2014 11:44 am

My soul is yours.

Thanks for the answers everyone, will try.

Estheliel
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Sun May 11, 2014 5:41 pm

@munkyh3ad wrote:Ahh The Butcher, i love him he has one of my favorite mechanics and is truly unique.

So normally he has immunity to all damage, 200 physical/magic/fire/lightning/cold and 1000 poison resistance. But when he is hit there is a chance he spawn a pentagram on the ground, and you have to lure him inside the pentagram where he losses his immunities and actually gets -50 physical/magic/fire/lightning/cold resistance but he still has 750 poison resistance, so he doesn't take poison damage but takes more of any other damage.

Best way to do him is to use summons, to tank him until he spawn a pentagram in a central area of the room (ignore the pentagrams that spawn near the walls it's harder to lure him into one). So when you see a pentagram somewhere in the middle use Blink (from Character Orb) and teleport furthest behind the pentagram, in such a way that when he runs towards you and your summons towards him they meet on the pentagram, that's when you hit him, and basically repeat this pattern a few times. When he is dead you get swirls, so transmute your class charm and get Trial of Fear completed.

Also be aware than in his room there is a gold chest, that chest drops items that all have item level 99. For weapons and armor it's not that useful, but if by chance you get a rare ring/amulet/jewel/quiver you can reroll it and get the best out of it. And if you get only a magic ring/amulet/jewel/quiver you can still use the Chaos reroll recipe about 9 times (untill item lvl 90 cause it's the same as item lvl 99) and it will lose 1 lvl every time but it will eventually turn your magic ring/amulet/jewel/quiver into a rare (with more affixes that you can reroll with Oil of Renewal), maybe you will even get a unique with the Chaos reroll recipe, but really chances are slim.
i think u were wrong about his immunities. In fact there is a "immune to psn" line under his life bar but HE STILL GET PSN-ED, u can trust me, back when my sorc used psn as main tree she killed him many times. Unless butcher was change in the newest ver.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum