Making Necrosummons immune in Destruction?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Making Necrosummons immune in Destruction?

Post by Diminished Heathen on Sat May 17, 2014 3:33 am

MinionRes
Gearcap
Blah blah.

What do I do to make them elementally immune in destruction? Minion survivability is kinda my thing. What needs to be done?

First one to answer gets an hour with my gas-powered double penetrator.

(I apologize, this should have went under newbie help.)

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Making Necrosummons immune in Destruction?

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sat May 17, 2014 4:17 am

I'm only capable of being singly penetrated and experimentation with a frozen banana has closed me off from such desires.

Bronze, silver, and gold titan reanimates should be able to confer their immunities to your reanimates.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Sat May 17, 2014 4:25 am

@The Big Ouchy wrote:I'm only capable of being singly penetrated and experimentation with a frozen banana has closed me off from such desires.

Bronze, silver, and gold titan reanimates should be able to confer their immunities to your reanimates.

Pics?

And please tell me it's a cheap item I can throw onto my merc and has those reanimates.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Sat May 17, 2014 4:44 am

there are many ways to get those titans.
-fool's gold: 1 reanimates, u can farm untill getting 1 of 3.
-harkon crystal: 1 reanimates, u can farm untill getting 1 of 3.
-hidden crafting: 1-3 reanimates.
-lash of titan (su flail): 3 titans (>10%, pretty good on-switching).
these can be archived pretty easily, other options are Qor rw boots and smthing else I don't remember now.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sat May 17, 2014 5:09 am

There's also hibagon runeword (qor in boots), crackrust (unique club cant remember is SSU or SSSU), rare rings,amulets, weapons, and gloves. So yes you can do it cheeply and on a merc.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Sat May 17, 2014 6:50 am

@OP: you know there is a very similar post to this here that seems to answer the questions you asked. Maybe if that didn't suffice, you could have asked your questions in that thread in an effort to consolidate information to those having the same questions.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Sat May 17, 2014 7:25 pm

@taem wrote:@OP: you know there is a very similar post to this here that seems to answer the questions you asked. Maybe if that didn't suffice, you could have asked your questions in that thread in an effort to consolidate information to those having the same questions.

You're completely right. I'll keep this in mind.

Considering passive summoners aren't viable in ubers, wouldn't it be beneficial just to remove the immunity cap on gear for the minion res?

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sat May 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Passive summoners aren't viable but summoners in general are if you take an active support role. Using black mass, maintaining buffs like burning veil, making liberal use of bend the shadows to keep your army safe and position them optimally, and casting the occasional offensive spell (of which there are many) make summoners a legitimate build. When you consider that summons have an innate avoid (25% i think?) they can already be reasonable tanky anyways.

I liken the idea of the passive summoner to self gimping.

Now non elemental summon necros on the other hand...

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Sat May 17, 2014 7:34 pm

@The Big Ouchy wrote:Passive summoners aren't viable but summoners in general are if you take an active support role. Using black mass, maintaining buffs like burning veil, making liberal use of bend the shadows to keep your army safe and position them optimally, and casting the occasional offensive spell (of which there are many) make summoners a legitimate build. When you consider that summons have an innate avoid (25% i think?) they can already be reasonable tanky anyways.

I liken the idea of the passive summoner to self gimping.

Now non elemental summon necros on the other hand...

Yeah, considering I never use Burning Veil or Black Mass (too much Maintenance), perhaps I don't deserve to do ubers with a summoner.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sat May 17, 2014 8:00 pm

Endgame elemental summon necros can be quite good if you ultra-stack plus skills and prebuff death's fury totem as well. Quite a bit of setup involved though.

Some math:

3096 damage per element* 3 elements= 9288 damage

9288*2 (-100% enemy res from jinn)= 18576 damage

18576* 5.24 (2.84 from shadows+1.4 from burning veil+1 for base damage)= 97338.24 elemental damage for your direct melee summons (of which you will have over 40)

If you pack an act 5 merc with qarak's will, robe of leaves, and clawfeet the damage is even higher. If have use sinwar in conjunction then you will do more damage per hit than just about anything in the game. At that rate you definately don't need any offensive spells (you will have your hands and hotkeys full though).

Last edited by The Big Ouchy on Sat May 17, 2014 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum