A few questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A few questions

Post by Alucinknoti on Sun May 18, 2014 2:18 am

I'm level 15 in the first act. The only good drops I've had are low level runes. I've seen one +1 to All Skill Katar (playing a Sin) but other than that, the items have been junk. Can anyone explain this? I know its a bit early to be judging the game.

My most important question is, why do the items sell for shit? I'm selling body armor for like 12 to 40 gold and thats it. Normally I farm body armors, wands, etc. to get gold but you can't do that in this version. Will the prices get to a normal place or its just a low yield gold game?

Alucinknoti
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A few questions

Post by taem on Sun May 18, 2014 3:43 am

Like you said, in clod, you farmed wands and rares. In mxl you farm apples and make runewords to sell. No difference except you aren't acclimated yet to this mod. Do yourself a favor and read some of the documents made for newcomers; will help a lot with runewords, challenges, such as the one you can only do at clvl 5 that always drops an apple, griswold dropping a giftbox with some uniques, the superuniques in den of evil dropping a character charm... very powerful lets you make your own stats, etc... you know, little things.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Sun May 18, 2014 3:47 am

Well..lvl 15 is like 30 min of playtime, and since Hatred difficulty is easy difficulty of course all the low end gear drops now, Tier 1 2 3 4 mostly, also these items you find now have Low Item lvl and most good affixes will start spawning later on the High Item lvl gear. As you progress you will find better items, but it's actually best to create your own gear in Unique quality while in Hatred, so you can have all gear at Tier 5 6 of Unique quality by the time you begin Terror difficulty, since in Act 2 Terror the Sacred Tier items start to drop and shrines and you need to stack up on these to craft yourself good gear until you find those nice Sacred Unique items, that can't be created but have some of the best modifiers.

Also don't bother with selling items, gold drops are actually good and will get better later on, and really don't bother picking up and selling items for gold, the best way to get gold is to socket a rune in a throwing weapon (knifes, axes, javelins) and then sell it. You can also socket jewels in these throwing weapons but you will not get as much gold as from socketing a rune, yet it's still better than to sell them separately and picking up jewels doesn't take much space in your personal inventory anyway. You will find that it's not worth it to pick up anything else except apples, runes, jewels, unique items and maybe the rare rings/amulets you come across until you can roll some good ones to keep.

As for gold drops in Act 1 and Act 2 there is a type of monster called Cave Snappers/Grubbers (not sure if the spelling is correct) that drops only gold and in high quantity for that matter. You find them in caves in Act 1 and in desert area of Act 2.

@taem In latest patch LC0 no longer drops an apple, marco specifically removed it because ppl farmed apples there. Now Volrath drops some gold, the charm and a chipped gem (only from the new ones added to median).

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun May 18, 2014 4:13 pm

If you need gold put a rune in a throwing weapon and sell it.

There are also enemies called cave snappers that drop large amounts of gold.

Later on, rares are worth a lot of many.

Character specific items (like wands, claws, barbarian weapons, ect) don't sell for as much.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Mon May 19, 2014 10:06 am

Dont worry, later on it will start raining items. Half of the uniques are "useless" though.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Afura on Mon May 19, 2014 10:26 am

I recommonand you to do tristram runs and kill griswold over and over again for getting that gift box. I got 3 really nice items from the gift box which are perfect for my build. I am level 30 now and I am still wearing the items from the gift box.

Afura
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum