kraken stance melee necro viable?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

kraken stance melee necro viable?

Post by fugate on Mon May 26, 2014 5:28 am

just found me a prowler's slash sssu raptor scythe...wondering if anyone had tried this/has advice on it. i figure i'd max parasite and deathlord? or maybe one point deathlord and max dragonfire oil? not sure if kraken locks out anything...

fugate
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: kraken stance melee necro viable?

Post by The Big Ouchy on Mon May 26, 2014 6:56 am

I'd probably roll something like this.

Skillplan  (Necromancer, Ultimative XIII)

(skill point planner keeps reverting to 1.99d. The layout is max deathward, dragonfire oil, deathlord, embalming, leftovers in parasite, 1 pt talons hold and graveyard)

Famine is great and all but the stats it gives you are easy to come by from gear. The massive stat boost from deathlord, high accompanying defense boost, and the fact that its damage buff is hard point based make it a much better skill to max than famine. dragonfire oil gives easily over 10k fire damage endgame and embalming gives a much needed life boost. Leftovers in parasite gives you plenty of aoe.

If you manage to find them, sinwar (SU demon head) paired with rathma's athame (SSU hexblade) and strength beyond strength would be the most effective setup when going kraken stance melee necro.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fugate on Mon May 26, 2014 2:17 pm

i do have idol of rygnar ssu mask for enough leech i spose. i used to have a melee nec that i had a few points in AoD to one hit certain bosses...not necessary w kraken?

fugate
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Mon May 26, 2014 2:42 pm

@fugate wrote:i do have idol of rygnar ssu mask for enough leech i spose.  i used to have a melee nec that i had a few points in AoD to one hit certain bosses...not necessary w kraken?
Depends on how much damage you have in mind. I have a melee necro too, and he can pretty much one shot the priestesses in TA, but e.g. for Juris Khan one point is not enough for a one shot.
However melee necro does not have points to smax everything useful in his skilltree. You can always respec.
For general gameplay I'd say no to AoD.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fugate on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Thanks for the help guys...currently 120 and plowing thru dest act2. Had another Q about armor though...currently have t6 queen of glass equipped for - enemy res, but have cool stuff like runeflesh, wyands, ice tomb in my stash, not really sure if I should stick with QoG or not...suggestions?

fugate
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:08 pm

I would go with either TU Chain mail or Tu splint mail.

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum