Two Handed Bear Stance barb

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two Handed Bear Stance barb

Post by bardamu on Mon May 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Hey guys !
I'm currently trying to build a two handed bear stance barbarian (level 43 at the moment), hopefully with two swords because swords are cool. Since it's the first time i'm working with this type of build, i wonder if you guys have some tips on the skillset/items i should look for for an optimal result.

Right now, i decided to go with dual wield because of blood hatred, since its losim is too good to pass. Also, some good procs on striking are welcomed for crowd control in addition to thunderslam. Main attacks are SoR and Blood Hatred, with bear stance constantly on and thunderslam for when approaching packs. I've chosen swords simply because I love the look they give.

My stats approach right now:
str: enough for gear
dex: enough for ar + eld runes in weapons
vit: rest
ene: nope

Skillplan:
max bear stance
max wolf companion
max spirit guide
spare points in mountain king and ancient blood
1 point in every melee skill
future uber will be runemaster

Equipment:
Weapons: Frostbringer TU flamberge (ice lance proc and +skills)
Bul'Kathos Teaching TU kriegsmesser (spike nova proc, +skills, inner fire oskills, other nice bonuses)
Armor: Steel Golem TU gothic plate
Belt: Deadfall TU heavy belt
Helm: still searching for a perfect one
Gloves and Boots: same as helm
Amulet: random +3 skills

Also, should i look for good crafted weapons in mid game?

Thanks in advance

bardamu
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Two Handed Bear Stance barb

Post by Asteroth on Mon May 26, 2014 8:10 pm

Helm should be straightforward.
Get a TU great helm (awesome on attack proc)
TU assault helm (another proc)
or Zod runeword in barb helms (Fawkes, elemental proc on attack)

for gloves, TU heavy gloves or chain gloves are great choices.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Mon May 26, 2014 8:13 pm

Light gauntlets, Chain Boots and the barbs Assault Helmet are good to have.

And yes you should craft something better then these in Terror, kriegsmesser is the one you will most likely keep until endgame.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Mon May 26, 2014 8:20 pm

crafted weap pretty good have decent procs + stats
like Shower of Rocks/Spike Nova on Kill + mb possible Max dmg
very early maybe even try a honorific craft, allows getting alot weapon dmg + LifeLeach early and fast + later when some more mo space available even some procs

Armor/Boots --> Nih Rune ez to get either drops since terror a2 or some terror grisworld farming

Helm, well i pretty much like the Fal Helm has pretty awesome stats overall, ez to get + mo space

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Tue May 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Weapon: get 2 ilvl 99 rare barb sword or 1 barb sword and 1 2-h sword, reroll/craft untill u get decent dmg and good procs (rapture/ spike nova/hammertime/claw tornado).
Belt: keep deadfall or 1 ilvl 99 belt, reroll/craft until u get +skill, +stats and disintergrate proc.
Boots: light plated boots for +as and ms or reroll/craft until u get +skill, +stats.
helms: reroll/craft until u get +skill, ks and +stats, or "ort" rw for hammertime proc.
Use these until u get good su's, don't forget to bless all rare/crafted with quiet (or creepy).
Amulet: rare +skill, banish on striking or lightning arena oskill, +hp/stats.
rings: 2 empy full mo'd or 2 rare.
These are my opinion, as many on atk procs as possible and decent +stats/hp, above all they are all cheap. Hope it helps.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrBlackZ on Wed May 28, 2014 10:59 am

About Helm, isn't it better to use Zod or Kur runeword Cool ? One has 2 skill lvls, good proc, life after each kill and especially +fire spell damage, awesome when using ancient's hand, which deals more damage than SB (3/4 WD) Dancing ; One has cool proc and ice damage so good slow Razz 
About weapons, i think you might wanna consider this : one with Kra rune --> AH, damage, STR, Skill lvls, the other use No or Lai runeword, both have great damage, one with TCD + up to 50% +20% to all attributes, one with greater damage, indestructible and nice stats, even -EPR maybe useful if you switch to Snake Very Happy ( And when u r ready for ubers, change the one with Kra into Auhe if you still use Kur helm)

P/s: If you are now low in lvl, consider The Dao of Xiansai , low requirement, good skills, you know Smile 
A little point  Mr Green , the title is not suitable Bouncing Mr. Green : , I even mistook it for a Labrys barb Hitting a Wall , dual wield sounds better Dancing 

MrBlackZ
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed May 28, 2014 12:37 pm

Lion Stance + Blood Hatred (main attack) + Cautious Strike (more than makes up for lack of Bear Stance) + Neph Weapons +On attack WDM procs = The Shit.

With a true double swing attack, ala BH and CS, each weapon is counted as a seperate attack (in spite of the LCS only listing one set of stats).

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum