Build(s) you suck at most

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Build(s) you suck at most

Post by GregMXL on Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:55 pm

@tencanek: I know man. I could make him work a few patches back but now I feel like the build is not fun to play and is less effective but Q gave me a few tips there so I will try his suggestions the next time I start up a summoner barb.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:30 pm

Funny, I started to play that char just the other day.

From what I can tell, pure low level summoner barb is extremely weak, especially early on can't progress well without the support of a melee skill like Earthquake.
At level 30, his summons have so little health that they get one shot by pretty much anything in act 2, his stance radius is small and overall progression is much much slower than most other builds, which mow through Harted like it's nothing.

I bet there's gear to make him better though, otherwise it's just a weak build early, because I've seen decent summoners on realm. Very Happy

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by powtek on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:42 pm

All sins in general (nagisin, judge-sin, trapper, heck even summoner-sin), UHM, any sorc beside poison + cold, all druid builds (I don't know why I hate him so much), pounce-zon, necromancers, and of course, any melee doesn't work for me.

The only thing I'm good at is a Qarak's Will Amazon.

powtek
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by manafire on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:43 pm

I think I've posted in here before, so this might be redundant, but yeah, I have never been able to make Treewarden viable, even (largely) despite gear. Can never get enough offense or defense. Don't know why, especially since I've seen people do great with them.

manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:29 pm

@void wrote:Funny, I started to play that char just the other day.

From what I can tell, pure low level summoner barb is extremely weak, especially early on can't progress well without the support of a melee skill like Earthquake.
At level 30, his summons have so little health that they get one shot by pretty much anything in act 2, his stance radius is small and overall progression is much much slower than most other builds, which mow through Harted like it's nothing.

I bet there's gear to make him better though, otherwise it's just a weak build early, because I've seen decent summoners on realm. Very Happy

need summons stats, make honorific gear or rw/TUs that help with that, so I guess that might be somewhat true.

use the summon with retaliate (and a good merc). iirc summons gain more life with each skill you invest in the tree? gotta use snake stance so the retaliate slows everything, then switch to wolf stance for speed (you can use 1 point bear stance for 25% dr I guess). use thunderslam to spread slow/stun. and obviously that one skill for teleporting with them. get lolsummons, especially daystars, they'll make a BBQ. I guess some reanimates might help too. obviously later you can get some totems and buffs like motw/bloodlust. basically what I wrote to Greg.

I guess the uberskill helps a lot, but it obviously isn't available at the start. stance radius shouldn't matter that much if you use the teleport skill though. there's some stance radius increasing items if you're really desperate, iirc.

to be honest, I never actually leveled with the build, I just respeced to it from the melee build when I needed to farm toraja, so I might be talking from my ass. xD

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:15 pm

The thing which came to my mind is that I suck at rebounder barb. The whole picture where you have to stand still and throw axes to the walls looks to me prety funny. Smile And missiles are way too slow to kill fast-regen mobs. Very Happy

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:27 pm

I challenge you to play a low level barb summoner, Quiri. Razz

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:51 pm

@void wrote:I challenge you to play a low level barb summoner, Quiri. Razz
Easy and cakewalk Very Happy

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Quirinus on Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:48 pm

@void wrote:I challenge you to play a low level barb summoner, Quiri. Razz

I would love to try, but no, I'd rather work on the docs now that I've finally started. Razz

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum