Problem with Brother Laz, open wounds doesn't seem to work

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with Brother Laz, open wounds doesn't seem to work

Post by Imoostplaymedian on Fri May 30, 2014 10:09 pm

Hello,

I have a bowazon equiped with a 2-handed sword, for a total of 98% open wounds. When I purify and (succesfuly) hit Brother Laz with my sword, the open wounds doesn't proc. Why?

Thanks.

Last edited by Imoostplaymedian on Fri May 30, 2014 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Imoostplaymedian
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with Brother Laz, open wounds doesn't seem to work

Post by romanN1 on Fri May 30, 2014 10:12 pm

He has avoidance and he most likely avoided the purify hit...Just try more. Though I suggest you also use a shield with no offensive procs and 1% increase chance to block to achieve max block and a 1 handed weapon. You can use Khalim's Protector (4 poison runes) shield.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Imoostplaymedian on Fri May 30, 2014 10:20 pm

I thought he was invincible without purify. Isn't it the case? Because when I say I succesfuly hit brother laz, I mean his life is lowering down. His health bar shrinks. And yet, no open wounds has been applied.

Imoostplaymedian
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri May 30, 2014 10:30 pm

Purify deals a small amount of limited burn damage over a limited time. If you also apply open wounds that time will extend thus dealing more damage...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imoostplaymedian on Fri May 30, 2014 11:07 pm

So you mean, even though I hear my sword hitting laz, every single one of the hits I made were avoided? All the health he lost was only coming from purify?

By the way, I just tried to see if I could proc open wounds on normal monsters. It doesn't. So maybe it's not laz, but open wounds in general that is wrong here?

Imoostplaymedian
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri May 30, 2014 11:29 pm

The sound isn't important at all...You would be amused to hear how the witch sounds when i hit her with a very fast attack speed weapon...open wounds generally applies when you see him slowed if you have slow target or when you see drops of blood under him...You should check your attack rating though to be maxed 95% so you have the highest possible chance to hit him...And as I said earlier I recommend you to use khalim's protector for 2% inc block chance and ssu throwing spear (heartseeker) for it's 100% open wounds and hammerfists heavy gloves for another 100% open wounds and overpower oskill and just hit him with overpower or with normal attack so you don't accidentally destroy one of his totems.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imoostplaymedian on Sat May 31, 2014 12:04 am

Ok. But why doesn't my open wounds work on normal monsters?

The shield is to protect me against his groupies I presume?

Imoostplaymedian
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sat May 31, 2014 12:18 am

Ow works just fine. Its basically additive damage not direct damage. It makes the target bleed after a successful weapon damage hit. In regards to purify and open wounds, purify does burn damage and that is the only way to kill certain bosses. Burn damage is a unique damage type and can only be gained through use of purify and yshari set in yshari. When burn damage is applied to one of these enemies while open wounds is active, the bleed damage is stacked on the burn damage.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Imoostplaymedian on Sat May 31, 2014 12:21 am

Ok, but with 98% chance of causing open wounds, why does I never see it happening, whether on big bosses nor on normal monsters? No blood leeking from the monster on the ground, no hp slowly diminishing. Have monsters a certain protection against open wounds, which requires more than 100% on my gear?

Imoostplaymedian
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Sat May 31, 2014 12:28 am

You said blaz's life dropped significantly. That means it is working. He barely loses any with no ow. The blood from ow is hard to see but the life bar tells you its working.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum