Help me out!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help me out!

Post by Warning Shot on Sat May 31, 2014 9:55 pm

Finally got The Sin War to work! Was wondering if somebody would post a good build for a BRAND NEW MXLU player, I have no clue what I am doing Smile

ANYTHING BUT SORC!

Warning Shot
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help me out!

Post by pa5call on Sat May 31, 2014 10:31 pm

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warning Shot on Sat May 31, 2014 10:38 pm

Warning Shot
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sat May 31, 2014 11:04 pm

I'd say Melee Barbarian. Tanky, cheap, quite powerful, not really hard to play and can do most ubers.
I'd also describe a build and how to play it, but I'm too tired, been writing shit for college the whole last 2 days for like 12+ hours. Sad
Let me see if I can find a post of mine detailing it.

Edit: Here it is:
http://www.medianxl.com/t2593-first-time-player-using-barb#54741

Keep in mind that this is a guide just for the start with cheap gear, and doesn't really detail all the things you should know as a new player, it's mostly for people that already know some things. It's also slightly old, I learnt new stuff and a few things changed in newer versions, but the core is still pretty much the same.

The main difference is that now you use Blessed Oil of Luck instead of Oil of Luck, and the double mo orb is now called Luck Trial, and getting Bul Kathos Teaching sword and Invictus shield from Gift Box takes more tries, as now it's more randomized, so you gotta farm it a dozen times.

Also, now I know that Kraken Stance (adds all elements damage to attack/missiles) damage depends on how much points you invest in other stances as well, so I'd probably run a kraken stance as a main stance (instead of wolf) and snake stance on switch for slow (just enough points for 50% slow, rest in eagle stance for synergy) with thunderslam/thundergod to spread it.
kraken stance with points in other stances can give 15k+ dmg per element, which is crazy and can one-shot a lot of monsters, especially if you combine it with a multi-hitting skill like stormblast, where each missile carries kraken rainbow damage (unlike wolf stance, where it just carries the normal damage). I'd still keep 1 point in wolf stance, just so I can run like crazy when I need to.

I now also use Blood Hatred sometimes for -% enemy res (awesome vs heroics) and life on melee striking.

if you would list some things you want of of a build/character: tank, glass cannon, ranged/melee, etc. and other details, it would help you get more responses and help people provide a more in-depth and specific answers. using the search function or checking the guides section would also yield you a lot of hits, it would also save other people's time and you'd probably learn a thing or two as well.

Short Questions Thread is also a good place to post some simple questions, like the one in this topic.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpineTheMan on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:47 am

You can use Bear Stance + Spirit Guide + Rune Master Combo, it's a joke to farm K3KBA or Tran Anthulua with this build, basically, you should invest skill points like this:
-20 points Wolf Companion: you will have 5 wolf, their curse deals ~3k damage, pair with Storm Blast which hit 25 per second, you can deal ~75K damage per Storm Blast.
-sMax Spirit Guide: Nice defend boost, nice damage boost, with five wolves around, you almost always have this buff on
-25 points Bear Stance: 25 points are enough to reach the 50% damage reduction Cap. you can invest more to boost your damage and defend if you want.
-sMax Rune Master (Uber SKill): defend boost per socketed rune, this pair with Bear Stance and Spirit Guide can help you reach 1 mil defend easily or even 2 mil lol (Mine is 1 mil 8 )
-1 point every melee skill: Thunder Slam stun the whole map for 3 second, and it has 6 second Cooldown, so most of the times, your enemies only have 3 seconds to attack you, then being stuned again and again and...  Cool . Shower of Rock, nice debuff when you face boss or big pack with big damage, also, nice skill when farming K3KBA, Bear Stance ingore their resistance, but only Physical Resistance, and Shower Of Rock deals AOE Physical Damage so you can pawn those skeleton easily. last, Stormblast, hit 25 times per second, really powerful skill, it's so good that every melee chars want to have it as Proc, this skill combine with Wolf's Curse can take down any boss.

If you play this build, remember to always have your belt full of potion cause you don't use Eagle Stance to heal. in end game, try to craft some nice weapons with decent stats and procs. Or you can use RW too, you can reach 700% enhance damage with RW, but they don't have many nice procs. Also, if you use Crafted Weapon, try to MOs it with life on Melee, then socket it with 6 Sha rune (15% Increase attack speed), you will see that you hit as a Truck and heal as the... Hulk?

(All this INformation is from my On-Realm-Play, so you can be sure that it is effective)
P/s: Just started playing on Realm last 2 weeks  Bouncing

SpineTheMan
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:51 pm

Moved from TSW forum to here.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by powtek on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:41 pm

HOW DARE YOU UNDERESTIMATE SORCS?!!!

Nah just kidding. Besides sorc, I'm playing javazon coz it can be fun as you can kill mobs 2 screens away depending on gear.

powtek
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Sorcs are good if you know what you're doing...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Warning Shot on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Haha sorcs are too mainstream bros! And IDK really what char I want, just a good one to have a newbie do his first walkthrough of the game online of course!

Warning Shot
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Sorc in MXLU is not like in LoD. There are way more things to think about before stepping to the next level...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum