Where to go next for my Poison/Cold sorc?

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where to go next for my Poison/Cold sorc?

Post by tyranius on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:01 am

I'm following this guide: http://www.medianxl.com/t5017-mxlu-xivb-homless-bitch-wip

So far all is well, but I feel I need to upgrade my gear, as ubers have started to get increasingly difficult. I got really frustrated with Belial, so I'm backing off from ubers right now and trying to decide what I should do next. Ubers I've done:

Creature of Flame
Infernal Machine
Death Projector
Butcher
Binding of Baal
Assault on Mount Arreat
Kurast 3000BA
Island of the Sunless Sea
Khalimgrad
Jitan

I have pretty much the same equips as listed here:

What should I do next? Farm K3K BA for set parts? Try to farm an SU staff or something?

tyranius
Vampiress

Posts : 46
Country : ???

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where to go next for my Poison/Cold sorc?

Post by aknazer on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:45 am

Let me start with that this advice is from a Fire/Ice sorc and not Poison/Ice. I did all suggested things with just RWs, honorific gear, and no Signets of Learning, but I'm not sure how strong Poison is in comparison to Fire Dance+Flamestrike.

You should be able to do Akarat. Know that your minions won't be of much help, but he dies really fast so long as you've stacked -enemy res.

Then there's Judgement Day. If you're playing in a pre-XIV patch he is really easy since you just spam Ice Elementals waiting on Maltheral/Imperius to spawn, but if it is XIV or XIVb then it's harder because they often spawn with Rathma's Chosen (but not always) and destroy your minions while immune to attacks. Even if you're in XIV(b) it can be worth it to keep trying for at least the charm, but pre-XIV it's also easy enough to also do the double kill upgrade (just takes a bit of time to get a game where both spawn either at the same time or close enough together).

Once you've done Judgement Day you can do Toraja for the charm upgrade. The boss you need to kill is north of the entrance and even if she comes with adds you should be able to alternate between summoning edyrem/elementals and nuking her down. Just be sure to have a TP already open so that you can jump through it the second you get the swirlies.

Tran Athulua shouldn't be too hard, just be sure to stay as far away as possible and move if you see a ton of arrows firing. This arrow trap has a 5% chance to happen when an enemy dies, and it also makes a distinct noise if you're playing with sound on.

Finally I would consider redoing your honorific gear. Consider getting T6 items for the sockets (put +5% energy in the sockets),doing +minion hp%, +spell damage % (whatever your primary source is), -enemy resistances (same as spell damage), and then whatever you want to finish it off. This will help let your elementals tank for you and give you a better ability to nuke down enemies while trying to stay away from enemies. If you need resistances because you haven't gotten enough charms then drop from whatever you want (I would prob try to balance it out) in order to get more resistance. Oh and don't go above -199% enemy resistance as this is the max usable (puts an enemy who has 99% resistance at -100%, but it can't remove immunities).

aknazer
Spike Beast

Posts : 413
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where to go next for my Poison/Cold sorc?

Post by aknazer on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:57 am

Oh and here's the list of gear that I used for this:

Helm - Honorific Circlet
Torso - RW "On" Sorceress Armor
Gloves - Honorific Leather Gloves
Belt - RW "Hel" belt
Boots - Honorific Boots
Weapon - RW "On" Jared's Stone
Shield - TU Tower Shield
Amulet/Rings - Whatever I had on hand (nothing special)

All of the honorific items are +30% Fire Spell Damage, -30% Enemy Fire Resistance (gloves only have -16% due to hitting the -199% level), +60% minion HP, +20% energy (4x Perfect Topaz), and whatever I felt like to finish it off. Just change out the +SD and -ER for whatever you use as your primary source of damage.

aknazer
Spike Beast

Posts : 413
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where to go next for my Poison/Cold sorc?

Post by chickenfeeder on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:35 am

u should focus on psn spell dmg (as much as possible) and -enemy psn res(can stop at 100%) more than psn duration, those crafts are crap now. Go get all sacred honorific so that u can bless them, get a new ilvl 99 rare staff, reroll it untill u get ~150% psn spell dmg, or craft for + minions life and bless+ mo' with psn (or cold) spell dmg, change the armor too, if u want psn skill duration, make a Gul armor, or, get an ilvl 99 rare sorc armor and reroll untill u get good stat, skill. I don't reroll sorc armor much but I read somewhere that it can spawn summon acid fiends, which give huge boosts to u and ur minions.
I'd like to balance at least my 2 source of dmg, and get 100% -enemy res for both source so I can deal with immune, for example, 600% psd and 400% csd is better than 800%psd and 200%csd imo, but if u use the ice tree for tanking only, u can ignore this, abyss hit very hard after all, 20-40k should be enough somehow.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

Posts : 320
Country : Vietnam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where to go next for my Poison/Cold sorc?

Post by nodoubt0322 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:23 am

Poison got advantage of "when you Kill an Enemy" trigger comparing to the other element damage. To change to the other element as your main damage output is better imo, if you don't  have good "when killing" trigger items. Recently I stream caster fire/ice sor(lv1 to dbaal) on twitch. I have done many uber with rare , honorific items. You can check it out. http://www.twitch.tv/nodoubt0322/c/4380651
I show gears at beginning. Some uber is still doable with crap gear if you got enough knowledge about it. Take Kabraxis for example, it is not that hard if you focus abyss. And I wonder that if I got 20% fire absorb and 95% fire resistance , I still got one shot by meteor in The Triune ? Stack more fire resistance? I started deva king paladin project yesterday. It is hard to play holy melee paladin :\

nodoubt0322
Ice Clan

Posts : 87
Country : Taiwan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where to go next for my Poison/Cold sorc?

Post by aknazer on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:39 am

@chickenfeeder wrote:u should focus on psn spell dmg (as much as possible) and -enemy psn res(can stop at 100%) more than psn duration, those crafts are crap now. Go get all sacred honorific so that u can bless them, get a new ilvl 99 rare staff, reroll it untill u get ~150% psn spell dmg, or craft for + minions life and bless+ mo' with psn (or cold) spell dmg, change the armor too, if u want psn skill duration, make a Gul armor, or, get an ilvl 99 rare sorc armor and reroll untill u get good stat, skill. I don't reroll sorc armor much but I read somewhere that it can spawn summon acid fiends, which give huge boosts to u and ur minions.
I'd like to balance at least my 2 source of dmg, and get 100% -enemy res for both source so I can deal with immune, for example, 600% psd and 400% csd is better than 800%psd and 200%csd imo, but if u use the ice tree for tanking only, u can ignore this, abyss hit very hard after all, 20-40k should be enough somehow.

The issue with sacred honorifics is the STR req for them compared to tier 6 honorifics. Not a big deal if you have a bunch of signets of skill and/or +str charms, but for someone first starting out in ubers they are likely stat-starved and will have a harder time reaching the ~450str requirement without gutting their other stats. So unless you have some really low lvl jewels you can't even use -req jewels without lowering the number of MOs you can use (and then you give up perfect gem bonuses).

IMO tier 6 honorifics are the better way to go. Yes you can't bless them, but this is just temp gear and it is far easier to meet the str reqs while also letting you use perfect gems.

aknazer
Spike Beast

Posts : 413
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where to go next for my Poison/Cold sorc?

Post by powtek on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:45 am

I also follow the build and I'm also feel kinda stuck on my sorc. You can try Cathedral, Legacy of Blood, and Judgement Day ubers. I'm still not done with Cathedral but for me it is doable. Judgement Day is hard but just keep summoning until one of them show up and get the charm, save and exit (almost impossible for me to get both of them spawn coz of mana issues).

As for the gear, you can always experiment on what gears that will be good on psn sorc. Docs are here to help us with that.

btw. Aldric Jitan is very hard to kill right? Also, his charm has only a CHANCE to drop. Jeez

powtek
Spike Beast

Posts : 413
Country : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where to go next for my Poison/Cold sorc?

Post by aknazer on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:33 am

@powtek wrote:I also follow the build and I'm also feel kinda stuck on my sorc. You can try Cathedral, Legacy of Blood, and Judgement Day ubers. I'm still not done with Cathedral but for me it is doable. Judgement Day is hard but just keep summoning until one of them show up and get the charm, save and exit (almost impossible for me to get both of them spawn coz of mana issues).

As for the gear, you can always experiment on what gears that will be good on psn sorc. Docs are here to help us with that.

btw. Aldric Jitan is very hard to kill right? Also, his charm has only a CHANCE to drop. Jeez

If you're having mana issues then look for items that increase your mana as the more mana you have the faster it regens. In the gear I listed I can spam Ice Elemental and my mana doesn't even move. Empyrean Band and Teganze Amulet will both go a long way in helping with mana problems, especially if you have both equipped. Likewise, perfect Topaz gems in the honorific gear will give you a good boost to your mana.

aknazer
Spike Beast

Posts : 413
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where to go next for my Poison/Cold sorc?

Post by tyranius on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:43 am

Thanks for the input so far everyone.

@powtek wrote:I also follow the build and I'm also feel kinda stuck on my sorc. You can try Cathedral, Legacy of Blood, and Judgement Day ubers. I'm still not done with Cathedral but for me it is doable. Judgement Day is hard but just keep summoning until one of them show up and get the charm, save and exit (almost impossible for me to get both of them spawn coz of mana issues).

As for the gear, you can always experiment on what gears that will be good on psn sorc. Docs are here to help us with that.

btw. Aldric Jitan is very hard to kill right? Also, his charm has only a CHANCE to drop. Jeez


Check out my post in the build topic. To defeat Jitan I basically just crafted honorifics with 30 cold spell damage and -30 enemy cold resistance and wore those after killing all of Jitan's goons. He dies really fast with that simple setup even if you use /players 8. Actually I recommend using /players 8 because then the charm is a guaranteed drop.

tyranius
Vampiress

Posts : 46
Country : ???

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where to go next for my Poison/Cold sorc?

Post by chickenfeeder on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:56 am

@aknazer wrote:
@chickenfeeder wrote:u should focus on psn spell dmg (as much as possible) and -enemy psn res(can stop at 100%) more than psn duration, those crafts are crap now. Go get all sacred honorific so that u can bless them, get a new ilvl 99 rare staff, reroll it untill u get ~150% psn spell dmg, or craft for + minions life and bless+ mo' with psn (or cold) spell dmg, change the armor too, if u want psn skill duration, make a Gul armor, or, get an ilvl 99 rare sorc armor and reroll untill u get good stat, skill. I don't reroll sorc armor much but I read somewhere that it can spawn summon acid fiends, which give huge boosts to u and ur minions.
I'd like to balance at least my 2 source of dmg, and get 100% -enemy res for both source so I can deal with immune, for example, 600% psd and 400% csd is better than 800%psd and 200%csd imo, but if u use the ice tree for tanking only, u can ignore this, abyss hit very hard after all, 20-40k should be enough somehow.

The issue with sacred honorifics is the STR req for them compared to tier 6 honorifics.  Not a big deal if you have a bunch of signets of skill and/or +str charms, but for someone first starting out in ubers they are likely stat-starved and will have a harder time reaching the ~450str requirement without gutting their other stats.  So unless you have some really low lvl jewels you can't even use -req jewels without lowering the number of MOs you can use (and then you give up perfect gem bonuses).

IMO tier 6 honorifics are the better way to go.  Yes you can't bless them, but this is just temp gear and it is far easier to meet the str reqs while also letting you use perfect gems.
400-500 str total with some charm isn't really a problem, anyway people should put ~100 into str to wear gear and only respect when they get 500 or a decent number of signets. I don't get ur point about jewels, a magic jewel has lvl req = ~28-30, same as honorific boots, so why does the lvl req get so high? 1 jewel/1 slot for pgem isn't a big deal, with str req ~400, why not?

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

Posts : 320
Country : Vietnam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum