?

72% 72% 
[ 39 ]
28% 28% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 54

Re: POE vs Diablo III

Post by suchbalance on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:28 pm

I used to enjoy poe hardcore and was in the top 100 league ladder all the time while soloing. However after they introduced the change where all maps got pack size and larger area / maze for free I somehow lost the motivation to play.

The thing is the gameplay on hc leagues itself was actually very boring once you abstract it from the challenge of pushing a high level and staying alive. Let's be realistic - the desync is annoying and stifles build diversity, most enemies are boring as hell and simply run up to you and auto attack or shoot arrows, Iron Reflexes was always a must in any build (even in Onslaught when CI was king due to excessive life node gimping; ggg's balancing was always wonky at best) and while I liked the relevancy of the mana system in the game, the skills available at the time (I quit after nemesis) were quite bland and boring.

As a solo player with some smart trading and flipping I was sustaining 75-76 maps no problem even while investing significant currency amounts in rolling them (and chiseling them all to 20% mind you). Even so, I had enough leftover currency to buy a Kaom's on my Nemesis Incinerator witch (for some reason no one had realised the potential of that spell yet at the time).  After the change it all became alch-and-go.

So all the effort to get to 90, or higher, was simply no more and every mediocre player could now climb the maps pyramid and the race to the then unreachable lvl100, lost most of its skill intensity. Now it's just a matter of playing all the time and spamming alch'd maps. Basically I played that game to level up and stay alive. Levelling up ceased being a challenge and once I took a step back I realised I found the gameplay rather bland so I came back to mxl.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:41 pm

Sorry I didn't read recent posts.

Is it crazy that I'm itching to play DIII now that its on XBOX1? I wouldn't have considered ps3/xb360... But Xbox one and capabilities (at least in U.S. store) are inconceivable.

I'm almost so tired of waiting for crew to play co-op/live since I just got it, that about to do single player.

Haven't gone 1P online/tsw/anywhere for months but this....DIII + XBOX1 has me suddenly interested in a game I've never played nor wanted to before. About to do SP.

yay

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:56 pm

@Will wrote:inconceivable

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:13 pm

meme and film still stronk. last time i saw that was in the 90s on a baseball,board. nice.

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum