?

72% 72% 
[ 39 ]
28% 28% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 54

Re: POE vs Diablo III

Post by archon256 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:58 am

You can't powerlevel in PoE, if you have a high level player if your party you get very little XP.

The point of HC is accepting the fact that you can loose it all in a blink of an eye, and with that pressure on, hit 120.
But that's still there. If you're a player who plays only HC, dying means you've lost everything in the league you play. It means you can't party with all your friends anymore (who are all on their live HC chars), you can't use the same economy, etc.

Wait now I'm just repeating my points. I'll stop since I don't really gain anything by convincing people to play PoE. (Unlike Duncraig teleports  Laughing
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:38 pm

lol@arch's 3rd point (too true!).

Agree on above points yet its certainly a different kind of HC

This voting would be a slam-dunk for d3 I had thought. wow.

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Borgin on Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:48 pm

I'm actually surprised Path isn't ahead- D3 was nothing but a dreadful bore, and at least Path had me entertained for a playthrough.

Borgin
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:53 pm

I'm hearing (from these forums so I'm not sure who is or isn't voting) that they're patching up stuff like auction house.

my big drawback to D3 in beta was the graphics. I couldn't wrap my head around a more similar to WoW (for ex) combat system and esp not cartoony (as opposed to morbid Wink ) graphics. yknow?

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by powtek on Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:36 am

Played PoE in a while. What I can say is this is not for Diablo players (D2, MXL, and D3 alike). Uninteresting story, PASSIVE SKILL TREE (?!!!), skill gems with support gems can almost make the game a joke, economy (WHERE'S THE GOLD?!!) and, of course, desync issues (which will be probably "fixed" by typing /oos or /oss I don't remember).

But still worth trying because of the race events that will make you busy, and this is (maybe) a breath of fresh air.
powtek
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:59 am

hah. horrible horrible "story". Lackthereof.

I can't believe I didn't go on my usual rant or post my Step-by-step review of POE Story/Gameplay here...I did somewhere else on forum if someone wants me to repost Very Happy.

Cookie for the terrrrrible reminder of why not to go back. But I also heard Deckard cain was killed dramatically in D3. OO big shocker. How about you don't do the obvious?

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by powtek on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:04 am

I don't know what to feel about your reply but a cookie is a cookie Very Happy

I may not be in the position to compare D3 and POE right now (Only played D3 demo). But in my experience of RPGs, I'm so hard to please when it comes in the game's story, so sometimes I don't bother reading (or listening) conversations, watch cutscenes, or read about the game's lore or something. Also, I knew what is the difference between a good game and a bad game and I think POE and Diablo 3 lies in between with their own pros and cons.

Even though this is what I think of PoE, I still play it. I can't play Diablo 3 because I can't afford it but if I can then why not?
powtek
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:59 am

PoE wins by a landslide for me, much more depth. Personally I don't find desync to be a problem, avoiding it is very similar to avoiding desync in d2. Not rushing thru crowds of monsters, not unnecessarily hugging objects that can jam you up. To me avoiding and recognizing desync is natural and I haven't even experienced much in the last several months, but I can see someone who can't deal with it like me might find it crippling.

D3 may have shiny animations and a polished engine but it is shallow as fuck. Found grinding for higher torments to be unrewarding and the very definition of just grinding for higher numbers. The thought of even making a second char made my stomach churn (whereas in d2 and poe I love to make tons of new chars).
Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:09 pm

agree with all you say but D3 Animations being anything less than mini-wow ripoffs & that Desync is a big HC problem. I can't notice when it happens till too late but maybe its my computer?

Otherwise you hit the nail on the nugget Smile

Good post mang.

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:13 pm

well i am %100 agree with marco about HC in poe.. it doesnt make sense to me at all even i have 1 lvl 91caster shadow(unq build) char in poe hc 4month league, lvl 95 unq build ranger and lvl 94 low life wander and such +80lvls in leagues..
its not even true hc atmosphere, when some invader boss spawns you just insta exit game generally, when on low life alt f4 macro and such(which i didnt use).. just watch hc streamers of PoE and see how LAME they are! maybe its good option but i dont really like idea of going standart when you die in hc.. another meh part.

poe skills system gems build diversity is a bit limited and game involves incredibly ridic RNG.. most of you know me well, even i get mad in 2-3 months play time, crafting OMFG RNG, RARE DROP RNG, UNQ DROP DREAM RNG.. i know its mmropg but its seriously annoying in some points.
lack of end game content is also big problem, after lvl 80ish same maps maps maps atziri atziri atziri so fucking what..

also boss designs is just lol, epicly brainless.. just item check with zero talent and skill.. you just get optimised and best gear and hold down mouse till bosses dies, oh well kite time to time if map mod is damn hard.. imagine their hardest boss is atziri which deals lightning and fire dmg but somehow you can easily reach 97-100 fire lightning res and take no dmg from her lol.. anyway its another story.

just compare laz, kabraxis and such bosses and poe bosses you will understand what i am trying to say.

also game mechanics is just so so simple and i feel i am so limited about skills.. only 1-3 active skills for most chars, spam spam spam no skill item switch etc. maybe i am so harsh about this but anyway. just an easy example, we used to kill laz(still hardest boss i guess) +200 times per ladder just for trophies and fun, challange; i give 6months to best poe players and all item sources i bet %99 of them will fail killing laz without deaths.

d3, i played just 3-5 hours and didnt like it at all hard to compare with median..

poe has leauges and races maybe makes game more interesting but MEDIAN wins this competition against both games so far.

i wish we have chance to make median with new animations and 3d option maybe only thing median lacks in this fight Very Happy
stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: