?

72% 72% 
[ 39 ]
28% 28% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 54

Re: POE vs Diablo III

Post by RobertusAmor on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:48 pm

POE gets my vote. In my opinion, it's currently the best ARPG released, followed closely by cLOD and Median.

D3 and Torchlight lag behind these 3 by quite a bit, IMO.

But again, opinions.

RobertusAmor
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:00 am

What if you like not wasting money and having a BETTER time with a shorter game?

Go Path in this case... Very Happy

Diablo 2 NON LOD> cLOD.

To be brutally honest (gonna take some shit for this 1)

as far as a game goes (story, fun, replay-ability, style)

D1>cLOD+D2nonexpansion

Did d2 raise what you can do higher as far as options? Yes. Was it for the better? certainly not always.

I find myself playing d1 on PC/MAC/Linux (even couple years ago on PSP and my Samsung stratosphere) tons more than anything other than Median (1)

#2 without a doubt is D1.

#3=POE (Late alpha until Open Beta branched out to 4 ladders, played for year and a half only).

and 4 are Civ4: FALL FROM HEAVEN (Mod #2 although its equally great as median and changes basic game more) (probably played this one for almost as long as median but its RPG not ARPG so putting it 4th)

5th most played is just NBA2k series Razz

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:21 pm

new expansion comin for PoE, EPIC HYPUUUUUUUUUUUUUU... close topic guys PoE > D3..

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by onlyswerving on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:57 pm

i remember i got into that open beta for PoE a long time ago. i was so excited to play (still am, in a way, knowing that Laz works on it!), but when i finally got it installed, it didn't work with my graphics card

if/when i get a new comp, ill have to try PoE out. watched a friend of mine play it for a minute once, kinda reminded me of dungeon siege at first glance. or like torchlight, but with sensible graphics (not knocking stylized graphics, that is. though the WoW and D3 style is sort of lame, but that's neither here nor there)

onlyswerving
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by powtek on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:53 pm

After weeks of playing POE, here are my opinions:

BAD:
• Crafting sucks here. The only way to get good items is to loot it or to trade for it.
• I don't have any right to say it right now but I say that RNG-esus hates me. Either I end up with low-tier currencies or the game will rain shitty uniques and skill gems that can be sold for 1c.
• One of the strongest builds in-game, the COC Discharger, is impossible without Voll's Protector. And to further boost it, you need Voll's Devotion ammy which can only be looted on a league long ago.
• Don't ever wish to be a top racer if you have a shitty computer. Loading times can be long enough for others to overtake you even if you have a headstart against them. According to what I've read, loading times on an SSD wasn't significally lower than on an HDD. Server-side maybe?
• Never try to make a melee character for it is shit to hit enemies in desync. But some players can cope with that using macro/hotkey programs (a push of a button and the program will type /oos in chat).
• LOW POPULATION. Yep that's right. There are even more players still playing Skyrim than in POE.
• GARENA. Poor SEA people (like me). The population in global is even lower here in garena. Sad

GOOD:
• Watch your character melt mobs by utilizing skill combos (I currently use ST + GMP + COC + Arctic Breath + Fireball + Conc. Effect/PCoC)
• Easy levelling. (I don't know if this is good or bad but maybe for new players it is good)

My recommendations:
• If you wanna play this, make sure you got a good PC set-up.
• Go for range builds. COC builds are fun but sacrifice gear slots for purely inc. crit. chance. Can go for a caster and even manual discharge. Or even stick-to-one-skill like a Buzzsaw (which uses ST). You will still encounter monsters that are out of sync but you won't even notice it.
• Read FAQs, Wiki, etc. to broaden your knowledge here in path of exile (just like here in MXL:U)
• Use Windowed Fullscreen if alt-tabbing is your habit. Prevents the game in auto-DCing when switching to other programs.

powtek
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:22 am

Can you change vote? Voted for poe but I'd take a game I never played over it. Just keeps getting more tacky, slower (additions), and worse every ladder, patch, difference.

@Above poster ----POE actually used to be near d2 quality in alpha beta stages. then just a big fuckup. then another one. on and on.

above poster (forgot name) wrote:• LOW POPULATION. Yep that's right. There are even more players still playing Skyrim than in POE.

Guessing this is bc of kripp and followers. YAY! I miss lower pop.

@onlyswerving wrote:though the WoW and D3 style is sort of lame, but that's neither here nor there

Fuck damn. Missed yest cookie. Well have todays. I don't check forum everyday anymore so here. That was the final straw on D3

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by jahcinto on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:20 pm

*Salt*

PoE > Universe

jahcinto
Kill Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kjakola on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:26 pm

There's nothing more fun and challenging than getting your PoE HC character to level 95, all comes down to patience

kjakola
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:55 pm

The players of POE either have high end gamming machines and/or are hardcore fans of it. Because there are so many complains about desync, poor performance on hardware X, that you either have a machine that it's unaffected by the bugs or play too much POE.

Archangel
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:34 am

I believe desync is server based issue. could be wrong but thats what i was told by admins

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum