72% 72% 
[ 39 ]
28% 28% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 54

Re: POE vs Diablo III

Post by ronda173 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:52 pm

MarcoNecroX wrote:Talk about being random Razz

not saying mxl is a bad game. it is just missing coherence a lot and/or proper feature creep realisation.

first example i can see when looking ingame:

a moon symbol which i can put in a cube, transmute, now i got 2 copies. they can restore my health and mana.... hm what?why?

Borgin wrote:The problem with Path- and the main reason I quit- is because the game doesn't want you to play it

the tradechat wasn't there all the time and in general there are like ~100 people all the time spamming their stuff. that's a fairly low margin of the playerbase. standard softcore trading seems broken since forever and i wouldnt touch that at all. if you want a better experience just start playing when a new hc league is started.

i've been playing poe occasionally since mid2011 and always in the hc leagues when new content is available. rushing through, getting loot, selling loot and getting bored. repeat.
still it is always tons of fun.

ronda173
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Borgin on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:39 am

ronda, I completely disagree (insofar as that it is "always fun"). My first few characters were all trainwrecks and I never used trade chat. Then I decided to get "serious" about the game. A Tabula Rasa dropped for me at level 20-something and I sold it for 40 chaos. From that point on, I stopped playing the game. I accumulated probably 200 exalts worth of gear and currency before playing again. Completely different experience from self-found (not bad, just a lot different- and easier, of course).

I also hate hardcore simply by definition, so I refuse to play it. Whatever league is available (currently Torment) is a "treat" for my girlfriend and I when we play together- meaning, I don't play on Torment unless I'm playing with Jen. So... for me, at least, it's basically Standard league ad infinitum. Shrug.

Borgin
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:48 am

ronda173 wrote:
MarcoNecroX wrote:Talk about being random Razz

not saying mxl is a bad game. it is just missing coherence a lot and/or proper feature creep realisation.

first example i can see when looking ingame:

a moon symbol which i can put in a cube, transmute, now i got 2 copies. they can restore my health and mana.... hm what?why?

because she's probably the most squishy character? and because we don't want to be cubing stuff forever to get a few moon symbols?
I don't understand what's the problem here? lol other games have a lot more random stuff than Moon Symbols.

and as for cLoD > MXL. just LOL
if the mod wasn't limited by the shitty cLoD engine limitations/bugs, it would be far greater than cLoD. as it is, it's just greater.
cLoD has so many balance and design issues that a 2 year old toddler could finish it on HC while barfing, and occasionally mashing one mouse button.

Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:05 pm

but somehow you didnt Scratch
mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:31 pm

I love this argue when actually new season of D3 has started 2-3 weeks ago Very Happy
But i must say it again, i like both games. D3 have very pleasant gameplay but it lacks of end-game content (doing rifts over and over is not end-game, nor doing maps in poe). On the other hand PoE have a lot better craft system when u actually can make literately every item in the game if u have luck ofc, but in PoE it doesn't have to be "the one" to make builds possible or beat the game. But all in all i like both games same way, both have their flows and positives. We are all gamers and we all like to play games so stop arguing because it reminds me "witch console is better PS or XBOX" and we all know that it doesn't matter because PS is far most superior than shitbox Smile
hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:58 pm

I finally reached lvl 82, no where near my goals which is clearing normal atziri and reaching lvl 90.
I guess I finally reach the point where Im not long enjoy farming map....

Trading is much better now because of 3rd party app such as poetrade, poemods as well as procurement.
However, Im still playing the game solo since I have to play on Singapore server, ignoring Garena server totally.
I tried clearing map playing with others, but latency are high for both US and EU (around 200 - 400ms)
So PoE is still singleplayer game, with ease of trading in-game.

Dunno how long I will be playing though, Im assuming probably just another month.
Doubt I will stay until they finish act4.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ronda173 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Quirinus wrote:
if the mod wasn't limited by the shitty cLoD engine limitations/bugs, it would be far greater than cLoD. as it is, it's just greater.
cLoD has so many balance and design issues that a 2 year old toddler could finish it on HC while barfing, and occasionally mashing one mouse button.

i hear this arguments here all the time, but mxl is still 98%++ cLOD and you really seem to be blind for what you're playing here.

there are tons of suitable engines which someone could use for a game like this. but hey it won't give an experience like you have with mxl. because of the fantastic engine.
mxl is competing with blizzard (around 2000) which were skilled, please don't ever dare to say they were'nt. (not a fanboy, just like diablo and give a crap about the rest)

so a clumsy catalyst of destruction/learning/disenchantment etc etc and mechanics like these are nowhere as clever as basically all the cLOD implementations. and i feel it all the time playing mxl. again, nothing you couldn't improve.

ronda173
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:42 pm

the fuck you want to achieve here? you are like dota player who joined lol stream and trying to prove everyone how nice dota is.
if you dont like? get the fuck out, noone cares about your really valuable opinion, sorry. Go back to your shitty brs, 5 playable builds and 10 usable items in the game. ah right, you are prolly botting
mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by ronda173 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:53 pm

i just said that the other guy is retarted and right now i'm saying that you are aswell, it's all cool

ronda173
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:56 pm

well we all are, especially you, because you bothered to start arguing that way. in wrong thread on top of that xD but y hes retarded for sure not gonna lie, as you as well, and me
mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum