?

72% 72% 
[ 39 ]
28% 28% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 54

Re: POE vs Diablo III

Post by Marquise on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:27 am

I do like the idea of maps but they are still booring... and also im not rewarded well for clearing them. I have like 2k hours in POE and i never got a top tier uniq. I dislike the part where u have to farm the maps to which is gated behind rng. If ur not a streamer or you dont rmt then gl keeping up a handful of 75-78 maps. Also i dislike that u have limited portals , this way u cant sell all the loot u get if you are in a party. In 2k hours got 6-7 exa from drop. Melee mostly sucks.
Marquise
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Less][gr0ssman on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Asteroth wrote:
\"Less wrote:[gr0ssman"]Guys, have u ever play Titan Quest? Great rpg like Diablo, would be cool if someone will make mod of it like marco & laz did with D2 Smile

there's a separate thread dedicated just for TQ

http://www.medianxl.com/t6782p80-titan-quest#193151
Oh thx, didn't know :/

Less][gr0ssman
Onyx Knight

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Borgin on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:42 pm

@Marquise: 6 exalts in 2K hours? That's insanely unlucky. My roommate and I played for a few weeks and he got a Shav's drop, and I am constantly 5L-ing random uniques and selling them for 3ex. Neither of us have spent real money and he has probably 500ex in gear while I has close to 300. You are either absurdly unlucky or you're doing it wrong...

Also, playing pretty casually got us plenty of maps. As a rule, 75+ maps we only run together but we have a sizeable stock of 70's to 74's that we never run out of.

My best character is melee.

idk man it sounds like you're just playing weird- I agree that map farming is gated but what other approach would work in a game like this? GGG wants you to always have something to play towards, which is what uber Atziri is currently- eliminating the map gating eliminates basically 90% of the endgame.

Borgin
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marquise on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:37 am

I didnt said melee aint viable , but it sucks compared to any other ranged char. I 5linked a few stuff but never got a 6l , i know i can get a cheap white 6l but i hate trading so... prolly coz of trade chat spam and the 3rd party trading site. As a self found player i find the game very unrewarding and im not alone who thinks this. Also i hate when i play 75-78 maps and i get 66 maps or no maps at all. Wasted so many currency on high level maps still no BIS items.
Marquise
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Borgin on Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:19 pm

Marquise wrote:As a self found player i find the game very unrewarding
As a chess player I find the game very unrewarding

The point is, you're just doing it wrong (or at least, your mentality is wrong). The game is not, and will not be, balanced for self-found. Just like Median is never going to be balanced for PVP, or chess is never going to be balanced for 4-player. Of course, GGG has things in place where you can play self-found, but hearing you complain about your self-found drops and net worth is really silly. What does 6ex mean when you're self-found? Exalts aren't worth actually using on self-found gear.

I guess saying you're "wrong" isn't the best way to put it, but it's clear that your viewpoint of the game is pretty unfair. PoE is built to be multiplayer, and changing that would change the fundamentals of the game. I hate trade chat as well, but xyz is the best thing to happen to Path, and disliking it is such a foreign concept to me. If you want to at least be able to get decent items and make weird builds, learn to use it.

Also OF COURSE you haven't found any BIS items- I have a bunch of 90's and I haven't found any, either. Hell, I haven't even bought any- I'm not really in the market for 300ex gear atm. Don't expect gear like that to just drop from a 75 map, dude.

(Oh and also, there's the obvious "if you don't like the game, don't play it"- MXL is very much balanced for self-found, Titan Quest is balanced for self-found, hell, most ARPGs are offline- find one you enjoy more and play the hell out of it!)

Borgin
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:54 am

I'm a partially self-found player, and I'm fine with item drops. By that I mean I use poe.xyz to buy items when I need them, but I don't actually bother with maintaining a shop and selling gear. At most I sell currency for when I need chaos to buy items, or when I need more chromes or fuses.

I can't afford any items that sell for 5+ exalts but I've never really felt the need for them. I just pick builds that require cheap gear (same as MXL really) and I don't aim very high. As long as my build can get to level 80ish and do 73-75 maps I'm happy. By then I usually get bored of that character and move on to a new one anyway.

Edit:
Marquise wrote:prolly coz of trade chat spam and the 3rd party trading site.
I hate the trade chat spam too, but what's wrong with poe.xyz? It's actually fantastic for buying exactly the items you want in a very short amount of time (1-2 mins at most, or maybe longer if the player is busy in a map). You can even bargain with players for reduced prices once you get in touch with them.

Marquise wrote:Also i hate when i play 75-78 maps and i get 66 maps or no maps at all. Wasted so many currency on high level maps still no BIS items.
So why play maps that high? There's a ton of characters you can play and they come out with new content all the time (admittedly it's been a while since the last content patch though).  

If you've tried that and are out of builds to play, then just take a break and wait for the next patch. I've done that for years now with PoE (and also MXL).
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laycast on Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:24 am

Marquise wrote:I didnt said melee aint viable , but it sucks compared to any other ranged char. I 5linked a few stuff but never got a 6l , i know i can get a cheap white 6l but i hate trading so... prolly coz of trade chat spam and the 3rd party trading site. As a self found player i find the game very unrewarding and im not alone who thinks this. Also i hate when i play 75-78 maps and i get 66 maps or no maps at all. Wasted so many currency on high level maps still no BIS items.

I've never played MXL and was browsing the forums when I found this thread. I've played PoE for 3 years on and off with all the hardcore challenge leagues.

I feel your pain, I've played mostly melee characters and there is quite a disadvantage towards them, the game favors ranged for sure. Ah man, doing self-found is generally something do when people want an extra challenge, because the game really isn't designed around people playing self-found, so if you're not trading and stuff I feel you will ultimately gimp yourself, especially since you're expecting BiS items to drop. Unless it's a unique, good luck getting a BiS item especially in a challenge league. Yea, being in a 75 map and getting a 66 is really..depressing, so is getting like a crown of thorns drop as well. Some things need to be reevaluated for sure.

Also, anyone playing the HC 1-month league? Let me know, looking for some people to group up with..Really wanting to get the challenges completed for the badass armor Cheers!

laycast
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:00 am

Im pretty much done with PoE for now, I always quit the game when I felt that i reached the grinding stage.

What I think playing couple of endgame (last time I only played only until Dominus)

1. Clearing maps is same as farming uberlevel in Median, except you can customized the difficulty for better drop. Too bad that for leveling purpose, only %map pack matter to improve your experience rate. Even the boss are skipped because some of them are super easy while some are hard as fuk. I reached lvl 88 which is pretty high than I expected.

2. Shop, Procurement and Laddering ASAP is important I think. You can try to play self-found only, but I still think that getting cheap good rare for less than 5c is better than wasting your time hoping for better drop. I only found couple of exalt-worthy rare, but I missed the timing and nobody want to buy it now since it already end of the torment league (there is 1 month torment event)

3. As always, some build are cheap while good one is usually expensive as hell. I think im completed all gear I needed for my witch but at the end, you need 2 different setup for atziri and farming maps. I have to switched out couple of my 1ex gears because I just need MOAR LIFE for survivalability during atziri. The increase from 3.5k -> 4.5k life is huge, as that is one of main reason why I managed to beat her despite losing about 20% dps.

I dunno if im gonna play PoE again, as I just noticed that torment will end in 3days, and I didnt managed to get any challenge done (stupid random torment ghost not appearing) and I probably wont care the game much until act 4.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:15 am

Yeah, I probably won't play the 1 month race. I need new skills or builds to keep playing, and they haven't added any in a while. But I might play if I don't find anything else to do, we'll see.
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laycast on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:38 am

Talking about the hardcore mode in PoE, I actually think what they did was a positive move. Yes, your character doesn't get deleted once you die, it gets transfered to the parent league. I'm in between what I would like, I honestly wish the character get's deleted, I was one of those people who would delete the char when I died. Let me explain why I think what they did was a positive decision.

It gets new people to at least try hardcore mode, because if they die they don't lose all their time, they just play in a different league. There has to be at least some people who didn't know if they would like it, played it, died, and then re-rolled in hardcore mode because they liked it. Most people likely just stay in standard. If like D2's system, they may of never tried the hardcore mode, because of the risk of losing everything. So I think GGG actually improved hardcore mode on their game, because there will ultimately be a relatively larger hardcore player base because of it.

Also, I stopped deleting my characters and the reason why is because I use dead characters to test certain item/builds, especially once a passive tree gets reset. This allows me to not waste my time and money in the hardcore league to test things. Standard league has become just a test server to me now.

Even though I did wish my character would get deleted upon death, I understand GGG's decision and it makes a lot of sense for the game itself.

laycast
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum