What did making COTWs unsocketable "really" did (a discussion)

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What did making COTWs unsocketable "really" did (a discussion)

Post by Rishab on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:58 am

Hi, so today i was thinking about this particular change in the game and i thought i will make a open discussion topic about it and see if i m looking at it correctly or did it really had the same effect on the game as I think it have or as marco intended it to be.. (m not so good with English grammar so sorry for any mistakes)

Here is my opinion about it from the first day it was announced to the current day :

-> First time i read it in change log, i thought "damn this is gonna make good cotws so much high priced that i will never be able to buy any of them" (gave up hope of getting any good cotws ever)  Hitting a Wall . I was a bit annoyed but it was ok at that time i guess since it made sense to me.  Smile 

-> A few weeks later : i found a couple of random skill cotw myself (medusa, stampede, flamefront), i found myself not daring to test any fun build with these skills caz once i put them in, they r gone forever in that item and if it turns out that the particular item is not good enough for that fun build.. then i m basicly fucked..  DOH! 
and almost no one is interested in buying these cotws caz they r also not in a mood to give good items for a risky trade...
so basically the value of these cotws is now in between zero to nothing..  Crying or Very sad 

-> Now i have 5 cotws with various skills which can be used for a fun build but either i put them in items for testing and find that the item was not good enough for it and waste them or i just keep them in mule wishing someone would pay me something for them...

hence i conclude that this change of making cotws unsocketable has killed the idea of making fun builds from cotw skills and everyone just have to make classic builds/rw skill builds/sacred unique item skill builds... (of which there r not many good options)  

This is my opinion about it, i would like to have some input from you guys too and see if there is any other way of looking at it.  Salut 
ty  Smile

Rishab
Ancient Fungus

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What did making COTWs unsocketable "really" did (a discussion)

Post by axios on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:20 am

I agree.

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bardamu on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Why were they made unsocketable?

bardamu
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki22vu on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:59 pm

dunno on what drugs marco was when he changed that but on one thing im 100% sure this change sux  Mr Green 

kiki22vu
Jungle Snake

SNEJ Player
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpineTheMan on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:06 pm

CoTW with o-skill that can work well with every build like Path of Flame doesn't face this problem. Maybe Marco made Cotw unsocketable so that buff skills can have wider uses? (Or he was getting "high" when he changed it lol)

Last edited by SpineTheMan on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

SpineTheMan
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:07 pm

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahdahahahaha

yes ofc
tbh its fine idea, since uniques arent worth shit with such drop rates, theres alteast something decent besides stones and shaad runes

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:43 pm

I don't like unsocketable CotWs either. Whistling 
However, I believe Marco said in one thread that he actually wanted to remove them completely.
And let's be real, if you get a really good skill on one of these things, you can break the game.

I agree with the previous posts, but maybe we should be happy about the fact that they still exist at all.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bardamu on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:06 pm

@void wrote:
And let's be real, if you get a really good skill on one of these things, you can break the game.
You can break the game with many SSSUs too. I don't see the reason to remove them honestly.

bardamu
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:34 am

-> A few weeks later : i found a couple of random skill cotw myself (medusa, stampede, flamefront), i found myself not daring to test any fun build with these skills caz once i put them in, they r gone forever in that item and if it turns out that the particular item is not good enough for that fun build.. then i m basicly fucked..

So, keeping them in your stash is still better than not using them at all?

-> Now i have 5 cotws with various skills which can be used for a fun build but either i put them in items for testing and find that the item was not good enough for it and waste them or i just keep them in mule wishing someone would pay me something for them...

What do you have to test? Example. You get Hades Gate cotw which is good for WDM classes. You find facebreaker gloves. TADAA ! you can use the cotw with any wdm class, because casters dont use facebreaker.

You don't need to "test" cotws. Theorycrafting and knowing what the skill does is enough. If you do not know that yourself, you can always ask.

As for trading, a bad cotw is a bad cotw regardless of it being unsocketable or not. And there will always be people that collect them in their stash. What this change does is that you don't basically use a cotw 24/7 and then you just unsocket it anytime and trade it for huge profit.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bettyrubble on Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:39 am

I never find them, do not know where to begin looking either. so live with them either in stash or an item is by far better than I am doing with even finding them. keep them like a trophy and let em hang out with the crap you never use collecting dust

bettyrubble
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum