Duncraig melee barb

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Duncraig melee barb

Post by Metalistas on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:55 pm

TU Labrys is the worst suggestion, is it good for what... target slow or CB, dont think so. Also it's a two hand weapon so you miss a lot of potential add ons from second hand weapon. Valaska or Ono are ways better than labrys in TU cathegory.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:56 pm

@mahitovec wrote:how is that trolling? Its constructive criticism. If i said that his weapon choice is pretty poor, that would be trolling too? Im not supposed to praise every single video/ss on this forum. My comment wasnt even agressive...

"tu labrys is better than shit you are using"
Is quite aggressive.

Sexen has every item in the game on SP. He even said that the whole point of not using better gear was to showcase that barbarians with subpar gear can, with patience, do the duncraig quest.

On a constructive note, Sexen, what is your skill plan? I have no idea how you're surviving without using bloodhatred

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:14 pm

@Metalistas wrote:TU Labrys is the worst suggestion, is it good for what... target slow or CB, dont think so. Also it's a two hand weapon so you miss a lot of potential add ons from second hand weapon. Valaska or Ono are ways better than labrys in TU cathegory.
that was the point
@Asteroth wrote:

Sexen has every item in the game on SP. He even said that the whole point of not using better gear was to showcase that barbarians with subpar gear can, with patience, do the duncraig quest.

subpar gear? check vid again pls  Laughing
anyways, i got it, i should stop being asshole

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:59 pm

Weapon is for funny reanimate and perm stun. The elite hacker is wsm bugged for the 50 cb. When I die later on you will see me bug my weapons (although I think I don't pull the stat screen up again) because without the off hand, I only have 58 cb. I intentionally used weapons that are common and very unpopular. Point is they still work Twisted Evil I didn't even use any buff items like shamanka lol

Skill plan is;
1 point all melee
16 rune master
17 immortal
1 thunder passive
20 fortress
30 wolves
Smax spirit passive
Rest in stat passive

53 lak and 321 rep life is enough for this barb to stay alive.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:40 pm

This is not a melee barb in Duncraig. But it was inspired by your video and by the fact how fast and safe this farming can be.
Melee necro using Rathma set + some other nice gears. It all can be found in previous videos. Some key points i need to say:

1.This is SP and resolution is one level above the official (1024x768 or something like that)
2.Always have tp open
3.Have two pax mistica (one in weapon switch, one in cube just in case you die after teleporting and killing majority of mobs on the other side)
4.Be quick, get in, kill, get out. Check drops later - when you are alone.
5.Souls die fast and create towers.
6.Necromobs die slower and since you move fast it might be hard to click on them at first time. Keep clicking.
7.Repeat until profit.
8.No sacred uniques dropped while making video - sorry.
9.You might get hit while trying to jump with angel of death - this will make you jump up and land in same spot. Following jumps will fail too.
10.Don't panic when surrounded - it's only pixels.
11.Music: ZZ Top - Eliminator album

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:30 pm

My contention when complaining about Duncraig was that all builds can't do it with poor gear now, and they could before. Marco mentioned that offscreening naked was not admirable, and I replied that a melee build cannot offscreen.

What you've shown is a Melee Barb who has SUs in ever gear spot can do Duncraig. Great, but that was never my argument. You say you can do it with sets instead. Great, but again, not what I was talking about. Back when there were holes in the walls you could do Duncraig right after you hit 120 untwinked and get all the basic ubercharms. No farming required. I liked it that way, and looks like other people prefer it as a long term goal that you do after farming. Oh well.

Metalistas has shown a nice example of a build that can do it cheaper, but that's because it comes with a no-timer skill that lets you leap away when surrounded after you teleport. Most builds don't have access to this.

I've said my peace, let's not turn this into a rehash of the earlier debate. Good work on the showcase Sexen and Metalistas.

Last edited by archon256 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:30 pm

Cool video! I'm gonna have to check out bandicam but is that the only resolution it captures in? Its kind of choppy. That's two mediocre geared melee chars destroying duncraig. I'm not seeing why people were saying it was so hard lol

Edit: thanks! Would it be better if I did it with tu's? I can if need be. My gear may be su's but most of them are shit when used together. Gimme a item list and I'll give it a go.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:35 pm

@Sexen wrote:Edit: thanks! Would it be better if I did it with tu's? I can if need be. My gear may be su's but most of them are shit when used together. Gimme a item list and I'll give it a go.
It's up to you, do it with any TUs and non-GR Runewords and I'll be impressed.

But I still won't change my mind though, that would just be another build that can do it, leaving many others that can't anymore.  Razz 

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:43 pm

I didn't use mo's, great runes, purify charms, or hard point stances in the original video. With tu's I will have to mystic orb more than likely. So can I just change the gear out and leave my inventory as is or should I reduce my charm pile? I don't play this game much anymore since its steadily spiraling into a close minded, biased mod but this gives me a challenge to play. I can't wait till I can upload the full version of the original vid.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:29 am

There are many settings for bandicamp. I choosen the medium/worse ones since it's on laptop. And it cuts the video after 10 mins if you get the free version. The video above is 10 mins and takes 468 Mb.

Archon256 > i see your point. But other chars got their own skill set that could be adapted as well:
assassi - low timer blink
amazon - pounce (never actually tried it so not really sure..)
barbarian - spirit walk(has timer qq) with thunderslam + army of summons to tank
druid - not sure yet
necro - angel of death
paladin - colosseum/sacred armor/divine apparition
sorc - not sure yet (one set gives blink as oskill...)

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum