Duncraig melee barb

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Duncraig melee barb

Post by Sexen on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:38 am

So in regards to tu build, poison, cold, or lightning? I have theory crafted builds for these elements and am curious as to which is preferred for me to make. I am confident I can make any of the three work.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:41 am

Poison is safe since you have the slow, though a combination of poison and lightning or poison and fire is preffered.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:54 am

For me it's just problems of setting hotkey and changing stances, as long as u can make sure to use wolf and snake at the right time it's not hard to survive, active skills are SOR, TS, titan strike and ofc SB if u want, although I had died countless times to adapt to these Laughing
P/s: Hello sexen, long time no see, this is the first time on this 4r in 2 weeks, I'm still in exam course now. See ya 2 weeks later. But hey U just said u don't play much anymore? Very Happy

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:58 pm

I was kind of looking for archon's input since I'm doing it again based on his challenge.

If he doesn't answer by tomorrow I will be going full poison and using mahitovecs troll tu labrys as my weapon. 70% slow will alieviate the need for so much dr% that I had on the original build. I should also have more life after kill since I will be mo'n my tu's. Not sure if I should go crazy and make a double mo weapon. I can do it without but it would make life easier and possible to do even in hatred. I will not be using umo's. I thought about using crane stance from rw  to keep up with my original theme of no hard point stances, but I think my damage will be next to nothing. A pure cold melee barb looks like a lot of fun and would be much stronger than the poison build. Lightning build would end up being cookie cutter.

Hey chicken feeder! Good luck on your exams. I rarely play anymore because there's nothing left for me to do. Every once in a while I get an idea for an unconventional build or try and meet some self imposed challenge based on the general conversations on the forums. Glad to see your still around and let me know if there's anything else I can help ya with.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:08 am

Like I said, it's entirely up to you. I'm not saying "I bet if you build a barb in exactly this way you can't do Duncraig". I'm saying "I'm pretty sure most builds can't do Duncraig with cheap gear/low grinding now, whereas before the teleport revert they could".

If you find a melee barb build that can do it that'll be yet another build that can do it, which is nice, but is still just one more build.

@Metalistas wrote:
Archon256 > i see your point. But other chars got their own skill set that could be adapted as well:
assassi - low timer blink
amazon - pounce (never actually tried it so not really sure..)
barbarian - spirit walk(has timer qq) with thunderslam + army of summons to tank
druid - not sure yet
necro - angel of death
paladin - colosseum/sacred armor/divine apparition
sorc - not sure yet (one set gives blink as oskill...)
I never said "character", I said build.
Not all builds can do the things you suggest.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:10 am

You would definitely have to do a bit of grinding and maybe even trade (on tsw) or respec (sp) to obtain some of the non melee friendly charms. I disliked when duncraig was made with corridors but it did level out the character progression. A lot of people that were newer started finding decent stuff (albiet a much slower rate) and felt more confident to try out other hard things. There is a steep power curve in mxlu unless you are familiar with the game. If you turtle farm die to barrels until you learn how to kite them, you will be better equipped to kite other strong attacks. Surprisingly enough there are still some veterans that still have trouble with duncraig barrels.

That being said I hope duncraig remains with teleport because I like dying and trying to recover my body. It slows me down and actually pay attention to the monsters light radius and where to teleport.

I have yet to try the secondary duncraig map. I really need to do so.

Also I know you what you meant by your previous post. What I'm asking is for an example or two that fall under the "most" builds that I can try out and see. I always play the same crap I want to try something different. I am serious.

I may still make that tu cold melee barb. It actually looks like it can be rather strong. I'm still in theory crafting stage.

Original post was about saying it was impossible for a melee barb in various threads to do duncraig. That's why I used a bunch of mismatched unpopular gear and did it in about 20-30 minutes. All you gotta do is use glide and watch monsters light radius and teleport away from them. If its a cluster fuck continuously teleport to one side effectively luring all the enemies into one corner. Then teleport in the completely opposite direction. After a successful teleport attack a few times then click behind the group of enemies and your build should be able to move away from the "hot zone". Precasted barrels are a newer problem so I usually just wait a few seconds before teleporting and hope for the best. The monsters only usually throw one barrel and try to move into melee range every time they select a target. At least that's what appears to be happening.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:09 pm

@archon256 wrote:

So you are saying every build should be able to do duncraig ? Think about that for a moment. How nerfed should that dungeon be if every build can run it within limited time. There are monsters immune to all damage types. Not all builds are rainbow damage type, not all builds have summons to take care of the monsters that you char is not capable to kill.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:37 pm

duncraig is an uber every char can finish, however you want the ability to rejoin to do so ^^

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:38 pm

@Metalistas wrote:
@archon256 wrote:

So you are saying every build should be able to do duncraig ? Think about that for a moment. How nerfed should that dungeon be if every build can run it within limited time.
Yes, and I don't need to think about it, it was already that way when there were no teleport requirements. I did it with every char I got to 120.

@Metalistas wrote:There are monsters immune to all damage types. Not all builds are rainbow damage type, not all builds have summons to take care of the monsters that you char is not capable to kill.
You don't need rainbow damage, wtf. You just need two types of damage. One for your main element and one backup. Weapon damage builds usually don't even need a second skill, their attacks either have two types of damage or have magic damage conversion.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum