Builds for farming enchanting crystals?

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Builds for farming enchanting crystals?

Post by void on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:13 pm

I'm currently using a bowzon with Palanx to farm for enchanting crystals.
The rainbow damage can deal with most situations and if a monster is completely immune, I can always throw in a Spellbind.
The farming speed is okay, but maybe not optimal.
So how do you guys farm for enchanting crystals? Smile 

And to add some spice, rate your build.
I'd say bowzon is about a 7/10. Bouncing Mr. Green 

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Builds for farming enchanting crystals?

Post by romanN1 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:31 pm

throwsin all the way 10/10

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:10 am

@romanN1 wrote:throwsin all the way 10/10
By comparison it's still much slower.
Maybe I'm using the wrong gear... or maybe bowzon is actually the best way to get crystals.
Because off the top of my head I can't think of too many builds that have rainbow damage and a lot of hits per second...

Anyway, after a few hours I got one crystal. And that will do. I'm not doing this again anytime soon. What a waste of time. Toilet

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:47 am

@void wrote:Anyway, after a few hours I got one crystal. And that will do. I'm not doing this again anytime soon. What a waste of time. Toilet

Reminds me of a funny guy in the s/s thread claiming that crystals were mandatory to dupe in SP.

Since people are failing to understand the concept behind this item, I'll be clear and hope you understand it: yes, finding one can take an hour or whatever. Suppose you found a SU naginata, but it's not the SU type you were looking for. By farming crystals you get another shot at it, in WAY less time compared to what it takes to find another golden sacred naginata. This basically does make drops a lot less RNG based, and gives you the option to make the game less grindy in the long run. It still comes at the price of - a) having found the base item already and - b) once you've rolled the item you want, it could trick you into trying to get a better version and loosing your previous item.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:01 pm

If the drop chance is really 0.27% then i will stick to usuall farming. By the way when rolling in cube does it mean that each time you have 1/3 of chance to get SU/SSU/SSSU or is there some adjustments to the posibilities as well ?

p.s.: i was farming shrines while it was version XIII and phalanx zone is really fast farmer. Definately more than 7/10.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:00 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:
@void wrote:Anyway, after a few hours I got one crystal. And that will do. I'm not doing this again anytime soon. What a waste of time. Toilet

Reminds me of a funny guy in the s/s thread claiming that crystals were mandatory to dupe in SP.

Since people are failing to understand the concept behind this item, I'll be clear and hope you understand it: yes, finding one can take an hour or whatever. Suppose you found a SU naginata, but it's not the SU type you were looking for. By farming crystals you get another shot at it, in WAY less time compared to what it takes to find another golden sacred naginata. This basically does make drops a lot less RNG based, and gives you the option to make the game less grindy in the long run. It still comes at the price of - a) having found the base item already and - b) once you've rolled  the item you want, it could trick you into trying to get a better version and loosing your previous item.
Is there any other concept? How can someone not understand this? What other use can be made from these crystals? Seems like a good idea to me. Who complained?

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:19 pm

@Metalistas wrote:If the drop chance is really 0.27% then i will stick to usuall farming. By the way when rolling in cube does it mean that each time you have 1/3 of chance to get SU/SSU/SSSU or is there some adjustments to the posibilities as well ?

p.s.: i was farming shrines while it was version XIII and phalanx zone is really fast farmer. Definately more than 7/10.
The reroll chances are the same as with an unidentified drop from a monster.
And I think you're right about the 7/10 rating, it should be much higher. Phalanx seems to actually be the best way (thus far, unless someone surprises us with something unforeseen Mr Green ).

@GregMXL Thanks, you said it all. Cool

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:06 pm

I didn't say it was mandatory Rolling Eyes I said it is highly appealing to dupe when there is already a major problem with duping.

Anyways standing in one spot using dark summoning is not my idea of farming. You got lucky if it only took you an hour. It took me much longer. One hour for one item or one hour for 5 duncraig runs and many different items. Its a no brainer.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:23 pm

The farming part is exactly what I meant by "waste of time". It's very boring because there is no diversity and you could almost do it automated. Bouncing 
Edit: Maybe the irony that used to be here is a bit too sarcastic. Removed in advance.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:48 pm

God dammit Sexen, there is no major problem with duping. There is only a choice that people make. Do or don't, but don't make it public. This forces people to leave SP and play in MP because nobody believes that one has skill anymore. And it ruins the feeling of achievement when you actually do something good.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum