NEVER PLAYED BEFORE: I'm playing Treewarden Druid. Need wep/armour help please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEVER PLAYED BEFORE: I'm playing Treewarden Druid. Need wep/armour help please

Post by PeadyJ on Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:26 pm

I'm going off this guide.

http://www.medianxl.com/h8-treewarden

This is my very first time playing and i'm absolutely loving it. One problem i'm having is Weapons and Armour. I'm pretty much just using standard stuff brought from shops and then using orbs to add res to armour and using orbs to at +10 life on hit for my 2h axe (up to +70).

I'm level 38 and up to the very start of act 4. I feel as if i'm not doing enough damage and i run out of life so easily without having my +70 life on hit orbs on my weapon.
I feel as if i'm starting to struggle now damage and defense wise and i'm worried that by the time i hit level 50 for the challenge quest i won't be able to survive it.

I'm after some tips on how to make decent enough wep and armour and what recepies/monsters to grind for them.
Also, how do i get rainbow gems? I have only gotten 1 chipped one through my whole gaming experience so far.

Thanks in advance,

PeadyJ

PeadyJ
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NEVER PLAYED BEFORE: I'm playing Treewarden Druid. Need wep/armour help please

Post by Sexen on Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:40 pm

Rainbows will come when you progress further.

Armor = jitans gate tiered unique splint mail
Weapon = tiered unique giant axe

Do andariel over and over for a guaranteed unique drop. Then turn all the uniques you aren't going to wear into arcane shards/crystals. Then turn your arcane crystals into uniques of your choice.

There is documentation for this game located in the tools section of this forums with tons of information. Welcome to the game and I hope you stick with it. One of the best games of all time.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NEVER PLAYED BEFORE: I'm playing Treewarden Druid. Need wep/armour help please

Post by nodoubt0322 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:02 am

I played some characters from beginning to dbaal on my twitch.tv stream. You may get some tips from the videos if you  are interested in that. I'm sorry I don't speak English very well.  I only commented in Chinese and I sometimes played MXL in Chinese version for my viewers.  http://www.twitch.tv/nodoubt0322

Melee characters are usually harder than casters or rangers in MXL.
If you got stuck at late terror or destruction difficulty, changing to trap rat or element druid will make your life much easier.

Some early game suggestions to your treewarden:
Wildfire is very very strong skill. It melt everything so fast that are not fire immune, and it is easy to boot its damage by increase fire spell damage and -% to Enemy Fire Resistance. The problem you need to solve are fire immune and find some good ctc to your attack style. Fire spell damage doesn't trigger "when you Kill an Enemy" ctc.The tiered unique giant axe is very good weapon to treewarden druid.However, it is not that good if you use wildfire as your main skill.You need to focus "on attack" ctc. Unfortunately, there are not good enough "on attack" ctc axe or mace of runeword or tier unique before level 50. You still have two options here.

Option  1
Tier double axe unique--
Glacial Nova is very strong crowd control skill although 3% chance is kind of low. Its cold passive damage is not bad. You can boot the cold damage by cold spell damage and -% to Enemy Cold Resistance since you use melee attack. Don't forget it got 40% cold damage on the weapon.

Option 2 (read the document CUBE RECIPES part)
Gamble a random flail. Make it to double Orb effect gray item. Use Enyo (rw dol). Upgrade tier to increase the base damage if you got extra crystal. Don't forget to use mo ed% to increase the weapon damage. Change to Demhe (rw zod) when your level is 71.
PS: Mo ed% after runeword in this case.

armor--tier ancient armor (-% resist, higher defence)
shield--rw lem
boot --rw cham or honorific items
belt--tu heavy belt or honorific
glove--honorific
helm--Aegipan rw ort druid helm for Feral Strike buff
PS: mo amulet and ring with buff duration

It is not necessary to farm a lot of crystal in early game. Use 2 or 3 tier unique items and use honorific items at the other parts.

nodoubt0322
Ice Clan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:45 pm

For a more defensive alternative to the giant axe, TU Double Axe and TU Kite Shield work well together

DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:43 am

Nimmen no good anymore? Hmmm I also kinda like the Set for Plague bonus. Try to farm them axes till doublemo if possible *happened early for me gratned.

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PeadyJ on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:58 am

Thanks so much for the advise guys!!!

PeadyJ
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:39 am

No, Nimmen's still great. I was thinking early game and lvling gear though.

Another useful alternative to Banner of Duncraig is the TU Bone Shield. Requires less dex and gets 2 more socs at tier 6, plus has the very rare % magic res. Lots of cold dmg too. But the Hunting Banshee proc's not as cool as the Fortress and Bloodust procs on the kite shield.

Last edited by DanielWolf on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:06 pm

phew. Smile

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:32 pm

My advice is: Cube your character orb with apples for life leech. That will keep you alive as long as you don't get hit too often.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:50 pm

or heal pots if you wanna be invuln till around a3

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum