Untwinked character

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Untwinked character

Post by mAr1 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi! I haven't played Median XL since before omega and recently started playing a light/cold sorc all the way through til destruction. It was a blast and she was a real cookie to play untwinked. Unfortunately my computer crashed and I lost the char but still have my plugy-stash with a few set items and one or two SUs back-up'ed. I'm gonna restart and play from semi-untwinked from scratch but I can't bare to go through with the same build again so I was wondering what would be a fun and easy build to choose. I was thinking of a wyrmzon but I realized ghost arrow got switched out and therefore alot of cheesing potential. Is it still a good choice for an starter build? I've also heard that tantrum-barb is an original and viable build for farming early charms and ubers.

mAr1
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Untwinked character

Post by romanN1 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:29 pm

Even if you don't have the cheesing potential of ghost arrow, bowzons are still very good and easy...Tantrum barb is also powerfull and viable just for the charms...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:32 pm

psn sor,xbowmancer,traprat

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mAr1 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:32 pm

Yeah I looked up a build using phalanx as primary damage dealer, I was thinking of leveling as a wyrmzon because phalanx is such a mana-intesive skill at first. Do you have any experience of how tantrum barbs fare in farmin K3BA or TA for sets and SUs? How about terror fauzt for shrines? Zons have the advantage of rainbow damage, which is also acheivable using nephalim weapons on the baba.

mAr1
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mAr1 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:34 pm

I think I'll skip sorc this time around (although I believe that It surely would be an awesome choice). Traprat sounds like a quite easy starter. How does it compare to bowzon in terms of uberlevefarming and getting early charms? I actually have three parts of the emerald set...but two pieces of the bowzon set aswell.

mAr1
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:43 pm

imo traprats are better(75% block,moar health,def,general tankiness) but i enjoy bowzons cuz of more entertaining playstyle,and faster runspeed ofc

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mAr1 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:46 pm

Maybe I'll give the traprat a shot then because I have a tendency to start with bowzons because they can clear dest TA in TUs just by killing from off-screen with decent speed. But auto-aiming quills sounds quite sweet aswell. Are bowzons better suited for charmhunting because of phalanx and using wyrmshot from a distance? Not being able to look onto the desired target seems like a huge downside with beeing a traprat.

mAr1
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Istaryu on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Barrage is a much better skill than wyrmzon or phalanx (of course for regular play, not for ubers). You can just spam barrage all the way and everything dies before you they can realize they are andet attack Smile

Also, it is the easiest char to kill Kabraxis with with and get a great charm

Istaryu
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mAr1 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:52 pm

I have played bowzon alot and always found barrage to be a great 1-point skill to use when going toe-toe with bosses and totems in TA but favored wyrmshot because I could sort of scout, staying out of trouble.

mAr1
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:15 pm

wyrmshot for long range, barrage when things get crowded, phalanx as a suport skill and you're off to go.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum