Triune - Thoughts & Questions

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you think this uberquest (getting Arihan killed) is fun?

42% 42% 
[ 13 ]
58% 58% 
[ 18 ]

Total Votes : 31

Triune - Thoughts & Questions

Post by hydris on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:25 am

I did Triune for the first time (and it wasn't very pretty)

The docs say to get Arihan to the messenger so they fight each other, what I did was clear out the regular monsters and skip past the messenger since the teleport-wave and "1 HP Left" Curse would be tough to manage while getting to Arihan on the bottom of the map.
First thing I thought was tedious was getting Arihan back up to where the messenger was, since it appears when he's at full health, he just walks at a slow pace, even slower if I slip up the possession and/or get killed.
Second thing is actually sending him to the messenger- since Arihan can idle around or get caught up on trying to attack a Deathbat hanging from the ceiling (or even off walkable space on the map).
It's even worse when the teleport wave effects Arihan and puts him behind walls (which restarts the whole luring process).

Another thing I'm not so happy about is the "1 HP Effects" that both Arihan and the messenger have; though with the messenger, the fire actually has to hit, Arihan can cast his curse/debuff off-screen and leave me open to instant death from stuff in the throne room (or bats spawned by the messenger), or his ground AOE aura. Though strangely, it seems like Arihan doesn't get his own HP down to 1 when he gets hit- just takes normal damage.

After all my troubles, I get a good roll on Lucion's Soulstone (good thing I neither got a bad roll nor am a perfectionist), but I wouldn't want to do this uberquest again for the single player clone of my paladin, with the way I did it at least.

So what I'm curious about is:

• Why does Lucion's Soulstone give + Skills to only Paladin skills? At most, it gives 5 which is very significant for a 1 square charm- do other classes have something like this?
  • How do I make this uberquest less tedious? (did I miss some shortcut that would get Arihan to the messenger quickly?)
  • How do hardcore players (melee especially) deal with the "1 HP left" effects? (maybe the answer is related to above question, or is this something that just gets skipped over)
  • What's the idea behind this?
    [Probably about the hypothetical shortcut I'm not aware of, so far, the way I see it, except with random mobs and the Possessed Cow, this uberquest has very little to do with how I built my character since my HP gets set to 1 anyway, both entities are immune to whatever I can do, and since Median likes to resemble a bullet hell at some points, Arihan's slow+1HP left curse (get-you-killed-in-1-hit) isn't a dodgeable projectile]

Last edited by hydris on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:06 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar - more grammar)

hydris
Moon Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Triune - Thoughts & Questions

Post by mahitovec on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:14 am

gives only pala skills
you should get much easier charms first before you do triune. you dont have a half basis charms, not qt or jday which are pretty basic stuff in ultimative too
not doable on hc

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Post by hydris on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:37 am

@mahitovec wrote:gives only pala skills
you should get much easier charms first before you do triune. you dont have a half basis charms, not qt or jday which are pretty basic stuff in ultimative too
not doable on hc

1- Yeah, I see that, but I'm wondering why, some curiosity on how this is balanced, etc.

2- I got the Judgement Day Charm, and others, it's covered up by the text overlay (somewhat visible underneath "Target"), though Quov Tsin(?) I don't have yet- still I don't think it helps any with what goes on in Triune (get Arihan, who can't even be directly controlled, to the messenger, and charmed AI doesn't chase after the player unless aggro'd in a previous state). Regardless of what I have my health would get set to 1 anyway; the thing that makes a real difference is the Book of Possession.

As for regular monsters in Triune, my Paladin as he is currently, doesn't have much of a problem.

3- Well alright, guess that's something.

Last edited by hydris on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : corrections - more corrections, mistook idol of vanity for crystal flame medallion in my screenshot)

hydris
Moon Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:41 am

it has pally skills because marco said pally needed a buff because it was either weak or not played much, dont remember which, probably the former.

and yea, you would probably not do it on HC, OR youd make a char just for doing it, while not risking your other hard earned charms.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nodoubt0322 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:25 am

Absolutely no fun . Fxxx the curse and random teleport. I spend a hour klling the boss and fail. SO sad. I manage to try it next time with 100% curse length reduction. Does dominate which lasts longer work on the boss?

nodoubt0322
Ice Clan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:27 am

The only thing objectively I could see that would help you in getting the charm is frw so yeah other charms/gear aren't really of any help aside from getting to the boss.

The charm is still good for non-totemancer non-paladin builds too though as max damage goes a long way and slows target is great on anything but stance dancing barbarians. Also keep in mind that random mobs in the triune can drop golden cycles which give +1 to a character classes skills.

Tbh it's not my thing as I liken 1 hp curses in this game to psychological torture and I'm not a big fan of dodge-heavy-squish-you-like-a-pancake-ubers or ones that obviate almost all skill and gear choices in general but the rest of the uber is fun from a farming standpoint.

I suspect that many of these types of boss fights (like the purify based ones) will be absent from sigma as they were born out of the fact that a characters damage potential is at a level that a dragon ball z character would shit their pants at the sight of. Basically, if the fights were strictly about whittling down their health with your own skills it wouldn't be a very long boss fight, hence the need for heroic shields, purify bosses, the ever frustrating (and unstated in the monsters description) avoid, and the like (this one is a special case as it is an attempt at a new mechanic though). After typing all of this I realized that this is an almost entirely unrelated tangent but I don't feel like deleting it.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:33 am

@nodoubt0322 wrote:Absolutely no fun . Fxxx the curse and random teleport. I spend a hour klling the boss and fail. SO sad. I manage to try it next time with 100% curse length reduction. Does dominate which lasts longer work on the boss?

not sure if curse reduction works. it might be a debuff, not a curse.

yes, people have reported that dominate works.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hydris on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:17 am

@Quirinus wrote:it has pally skills because marco said pally needed a buff because it was either weak or not played much, dont remember which, probably the former.

and yea, you would probably not do it on HC, OR youd make a char just for doing it, while not risking your other hard earned charms.

Well that (your first sentence) is strange. The latter, not much can actually be done about, but Paladins being weak was something that didn't occur to me. Even if they were weak, it's strange that the compensation would be on a uberquest reward, instead of changes to the Paladin's tree or TU/SU/Set Items.

hydris
Moon Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:02 pm

It took me 3 hours to complete this quest. It wasn't fun and I thought about giving up many times during the process.

Actually Arihan can become really fast. In my case he casted something that gave him the Fissure effect from cLoD and high velocity. I don't know how to trigger it but it is there.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:21 pm

Sorry to say this, but I hope it has become quite apparent that U suck  Mr Green 
...now, that's because U're lacking a bit more skill & experience  Wink -it might be hard at first instance, but I can guarantee that U'll find this uber super easy very soon  Whistling

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum