Short Questions Thread

Page 81 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by aknazer on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:39 am

Q: Attempting to do uldy for the first time and I'm stuck at edyrem #8 (the imp). He's untargetable, nothing I do in the room seems to matter, and the Dire Charm trick has apparently been fixed. What am I missing? Use reflected damage to kill him and he has a bunch of hp?

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:10 am

I did a forum search and nothing came up.

I'm trying to do Yshari Sanctum but whenever I kill one of those wurm things that spawn a lot of heroic mobs on death, my game freezes and ends up crashing. Any way around this? I can't progress if it won't stop me from crashing every time I come across one.

@aknazer wrote:Q:  Attempting to do uldy for the first time and I'm stuck at edyrem #8 (the imp).  He's untargetable, nothing I do in the room seems to matter, and the Dire Charm trick has apparently been fixed.  What am I missing?  Use reflected damage to kill him and he has a bunch of hp?
That's exactly it mate Very Happy
http://www.medianxl.com/t4663-xivuldyssian-walkthrough-with-bowzon-or-how-to-afk-kill-him
Details on each stages if you scroll down a bit.
@munkyh3ad wrote:Is "% Damage Reflected" a good stat, in the 100-200% value? I figured in only works with melee hits that i take, and for a melee character i might consider it, it's just that i don't know if it only reflects the physical melee damage that hits me or all types of damage or maybe it's something else i can't figure. So any info is appreciated.
Just something I want to add to the other 2 answers:

your characters: dmg>>>hp
monsters: dmg<<<hp

If a monster were to swing at one of it's brethren, it would take little to unoticeable dmg since their dmg to hp ratio is so so small. It's one of the reasons why reanimates aren't really good at anything else than being good meatshields. Don't expect them to do dmg.

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:12 pm

@aknazer wrote:Q:  Attempting to do uldy for the first time and I'm stuck at edyrem #8 (the imp).  He's untargetable, nothing I do in the room seems to matter, and the Dire Charm trick has apparently been fixed.  What am I missing?  Use reflected damage to kill him and he has a bunch of hp?
Unequip everything and use reflect damage...craft a honorific item...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by jesusjuice on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:49 pm

Are there guides on how you higher level players just get to 120 so quickly? i would like to know...cause whenever i walk into act 2 i feel like a scrub as if im just doing something wrong

jesusjuice
Glowing Blob

Confused as hell!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:11 pm

@Wulf - That's the thing, I was following your guide but the dire charm method wasn't working. I tried some items that reflect back 500 damage when hit, but that didn't seem to do anything.

@RomanN1 - Guess I'll try crafting an item or two for him.

@juice - Who said we got there quickly? And what do you mean about act 2? You shouldn't hit lvl120 until either act 1 of dest (if you pretty much rush through everything) or act 5 of terror (if you go back and farm stuff). The only other way is to get a ton of Signets of Experience/Greater Signets of Experience.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jesusjuice on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:12 pm

@aknazer wrote:@Wulf - That's the thing, I was following your guide but the dire charm method wasn't working.  I tried some items that reflect back 500 damage when hit, but that didn't seem to do anything.

@juice - Who said we got there quickly?  And what do you mean about act 2?  You shouldn't hit lvl120 until either act 1 of dest (if you pretty much rush through everything) or act 5 of terror (if you go back and farm stuff).  The only other way is to get a ton of Signets of Experience/Greater Signets of Experience.

it takes me a week to get to middgame....

jesusjuice
Glowing Blob

Confused as hell!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:17 pm

@jesusjuice wrote:
@aknazer wrote:@Wulf - That's the thing, I was following your guide but the dire charm method wasn't working.  I tried some items that reflect back 500 damage when hit, but that didn't seem to do anything.

@juice - Who said we got there quickly?  And what do you mean about act 2?  You shouldn't hit lvl120 until either act 1 of dest (if you pretty much rush through everything) or act 5 of terror (if you go back and farm stuff).  The only other way is to get a ton of Signets of Experience/Greater Signets of Experience.

The areas are large. Even if you just run straight from one quest objective to the next without bothering to kill much/anything it still takes hours to run through all of the acts (especially if you get WPs like I do). Throw in actually killing things, doing challenges, low play time, etc and yea it can take a bit to progress.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jesusjuice on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:37 pm

@aknazer wrote:
@jesusjuice wrote:

The areas are large.  Even if you just run straight from one quest objective to the next without bothering to kill much/anything it still takes hours to run through all of the acts (especially if you get WPs like I do).  Throw in actually killing things, doing challenges, low play time, etc and yea it can take a bit to progress.

Does playing with others speed up the process? is there a way to at all?

jesusjuice
Glowing Blob

Confused as hell!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:38 pm

5 hours to 120 is reasonable

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:44 pm

@jesusjuice wrote:
@aknazer wrote:
@jesusjuice wrote:

The areas are large.  Even if you just run straight from one quest objective to the next without bothering to kill much/anything it still takes hours to run through all of the acts (especially if you get WPs like I do).  Throw in actually killing things, doing challenges, low play time, etc and yea it can take a bit to progress.

Does playing with others speed up the process? is there a way to at all?

Use /players 8 for more xp. Though this requires you to know a bit more of what you're doing and not all classes/specs are going to be able to play the whole game like that due to how it makes the enemies stronger. This isn't really needed, but short of cheating and/or twinking there isn't really any other way to speed up the process.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 81 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum