Short Questions Thread

Page 91 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by tencanek on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:07 am

@ron70 wrote:Thank you very much Wulf. I have a follow up question : Is there any set for any char that is the best option or at least that come close to it? Mount arreat barb ? Tracker sin ? Imperius ? Anything ?  

Bloodzon set(1000 lifa after kill), creed asn set, malthael set(pierce, procs), scythe necro set(chain-reaction like proc on weapon alone) and poison sorc(everything xcept poison pierce) would be in Top 5 imho.

Least popular and weakest sets as well would be:
Xbow necro, holy caster pally mainly bcs of non updating of the set according to frequent changes in skilltree. Also asn bomb set doesnt have much to offer except fancy magineers, now with tiefling form SU war staff beats it alone.

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:37 am

@ron70 wrote:thx a lot aknazer
Destruction K3K is also a very good place to farm set pieces for under-geared characters. If I were to recommend something to you, I'd say to slap enough lum runes / mf MO on your gears until you reach 300-400% mf and just farm K3K for set pieces. And even if you don't get the sets you want, it's still a very good source of signets to reach your 500 additional stats.

Also another suggestion, the tracker set weapon is a VERY common drop. Every time you see one on the ground, use the Luck Trial on it before nom'ing it. It's only 2% chance to actually roll, but once it does, you'll be able to grab twice the MO's on it. Same thing with the "Blessed Oil of Luck" on the regular set armor pieces you plan to use for a while. Keep rolling them until you find a piece that gives you 2% dr and in the ends, that's an additional 8% dr on your gears.

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:10 pm

I only visit K3K for the charm and the hammer as the drop rate is not that good in connection to time spent swerving undead invulnerable hordes (unless using Bear-barian for the swift progression) –Best place to get sets is Duncraig with (easily reachable) ~350 Magic Find –and please do not use Lum runes (maybe a couple of Perfect Turquoises in a shield if socketing) … Magic Find is best to be boosted with crafts and MO’s (some SUs with ~200 MF are available as well)

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ron70 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:33 pm

@Wulf wrote:
Destruction K3K is also a very good place to farm set pieces for under-geared characters. If I were to recommend something to you, I'd say to slap enough lum runes / mf MO on your gears until you reach 300-400% mf and just farm K3K for set pieces. And even if you don't get the sets you want, it's still a very good source of signets to reach your 500 additional stats.

Also another suggestion, the tracker set weapon is a VERY common drop. Every time you see one on the ground, use the Luck Trial on it before nom'ing it. It's only 2% chance to actually roll, but once it does, you'll be able to grab twice the MO's on it. Same thing with the "Blessed Oil of Luck" on the regular set armor pieces you plan to use for a while. Keep rolling them until you find a piece that gives you 2% dr and in the ends, that's an additional 8% dr on your gears.

Indeed, I think I dropped it already 4 times, and never did I dropped the armor or the helm.
I feel like the ratio time spent/items dropped is way better in Nilathak's temple than in kurast ba...

Pa5call, can you please explain why lum is a bad idea ? What is the difference between Lum and turquoise on a shield or MO ?

ron70
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Lum is 20% – Gem gives 25%  Idea 
NB: Quoting Marco: “Lum is the worst rune ever”
 Booty Shake

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:48 pm

I love Tran Athula. Feels like old times again. Drops are actually pretty damn good.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ron70 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:52 pm

@GregMXL wrote:I love Tran Athula. Feels like old times again. Drops are actually pretty damn good.

Yes I feel like they are good but I die too easily there. So it's Nilathak for now !

ron70
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:58 pm

@ron70 wrote:
@Wulf wrote:

Indeed, I think I dropped it already 4 times, and never did I dropped the armor or the helm.  
I feel like the ratio time spent/items dropped is way better in Nilathak's temple than in kurast ba...

Pa5call, can you please explain why lum is a bad idea ? What is the difference between Lum and turquoise on a shield or MO ?
Kurast is the poorman's version of dunc. I was just suggesting if you couldn't do any other places. But if your gears allow you to farm a harder place then by all mean go for it.

Regarding lum runes, I use lums/mf jewels/perf turquoise when it doesn't affect my kill speed. Only a handful of characters can do this. If your character is a throwsin, then you'll have to use life leech%/dex% crafted jewels instead of them. Regardless of how you reach it, 300-400% mf is very important to have on a farmer.

Wulf
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ron70 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:06 pm

@Wulf wrote:
@ron70 wrote:
@Wulf wrote:

Kurast is the poorman's version of dunc. I was just suggesting if you couldn't do any other places. But if your gears allow you to farm a harder place then by all mean go for it.

Regarding lum runes, I use lums/mf jewels/perf turquoise when it doesn't affect my kill speed. Only a handful of characters can do this. If your character is a throwsin, then you'll have to use life leech%/dex% crafted jewels instead of them. Regardless of how you reach it, 300-400% mf is very important to have on a farmer.

thank you, I'll try to craft some good jewels then.

ron70
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:31 pm

@pa5call wrote:Lum is 20% – Gem gives 25%  Idea 
NB: Quoting Marco: “Lum is the worst rune ever”
 Booty Shake

not if you're a barbarian with runemaster

Quirinus
Creature of Flame