Short Questions Thread

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by Asteroth on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:33 am

@PeadyJ wrote:What are some easy way to stack in -% enemy resist? and a way to stack your own resists?

I fail at dest baal and read you need -200% in the resist of your choice (Mine will be lightning as I use bear stance barb)

Also heard you need to stack res for a few ubers?

you can put -enemy res on your rings/amulets. If you have crafted items you can really stack that stat on them. It really depends on your gear. On single player i gave my barb a 6 light rune runeword in his valaska (unintended or i think it's called soldier of light now) and that was an easy -100 enemy light res.
To stack your own res you need certain gears. Azmodans heart is a given (+5 max res), then if you find a witchunter's hood (another 5) and then you can use Perfect gems. Since you're a bear stance barb with 1.2 million defense, i think you can afford to sacrifice either some points in runemaster or spirit guide, or some rune slots for pgems if you need more res for whatever uberquest/uberlevel you're doing (for example, in triune, going from 80 max cold res to 86 made an enormous difference in my survivability against those cold monsters there).

You do need to stack resistance against tal rasha, assur, quov tsin, belial, bracharahrharhyaon (however the hell you spell that), and maybe someone else, but it's nothing you should actively worry about and only gear up specifically for those encounters.

As for heroic shields, yes you should stack -199 of a certain element for maximum effectiveness, but to beat dest baal, it's more important to kill his summons (the shard thingies) and either avoid getting cursed (one hit KO if you get hit) or if cursed, avoid getting hit till it wears off.
Baal has thundergod, so if you're cursed, that can kill you. But otherwise he's utterly harmless (at least from my experience) and the true danger is the summons. As long as you take care of them and get your stormblasts off on baal, you should be able to drop him (5-10 minutes). If you find yourself running around fighting the summons the whole time and rarely get the opportunity to attack baal, then your kill speed is just too low and you'll need to address that.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeadyJ on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:49 am

Ahhh, well my kill speed must be super low. Because It just takes me so long to drop the summons. How would I address this?
I'm just using the Set

Barbarian Two-Handed Set
Gathering of the Tribes
The Coming Storm
Bear's Warding
Wolf's Fang
Snake's Battle Chant
Crane's Reach

Full Set Bonus:
With 2 or more set items:
+50 to Strength
With 3 or more set items:
+100 to Vitality
With 4 or more set items:
+200% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
250% Bonus to Attack Rating
With Complete Set:
50% Chance to cast level 20 Earthquake on Attack
Adds Strength Damage Bonus: (70/256 per Strength)%
+250 to Strength
+4000 Defense
25% Chance to Avoid Damage
All Resists +75%
25% Reanimate as: Ulfhedinn

I love the reanimate so i'm scared to get rid of the set lol.
Smashed a heap of JAH in pl8 and wep, Thai in gloves (can't remember the name of them right now) and Lah in belt, helm and boots.

PeadyJ
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:53 am

@PeadyJ wrote:Ahhh, well my kill speed must be super low. Because It just takes me so long to drop the summons. How would I address this?
I'm just using the Set

Barbarian Two-Handed Set
Gathering of the Tribes
The Coming Storm
Bear's Warding
Wolf's Fang
Snake's Battle Chant
Crane's Reach

Full Set Bonus:
With 2 or more set items:
+50 to Strength
With 3 or more set items:
+100 to Vitality
With 4 or more set items:
+200% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
250% Bonus to Attack Rating
With Complete Set:
50% Chance to cast level 20 Earthquake on Attack
Adds Strength Damage Bonus: (70/256 per Strength)%
+250 to Strength
+4000 Defense
25% Chance to Avoid Damage
All Resists +75%
25% Reanimate as: Ulfhedinn

I love the reanimate so i'm scared to get rid of the set lol.
Smashed a heap of JAH in pl8 and wep, Thai in gloves (can't remember the name of them right now) and Lah in belt, helm and boots.

Well to be fair, i think that's a solid set, at least until you get better gear. Let us know what gloves you have, because i would suggest crafted gloves with -enemy light res and stormblast on melee attack (if you're lucky/patient). Put -enemy light res on rings too. Shards have very high resistances, and even getting to -100 enemy light res would help greatly.
However, that reanimate is actually a big problem against Dest Baal. When you have summons/reanimates, baal summons his shards like crazy. And then it gets really hard to get them back under control.
If you plan on fighting baal, put on a ring/amulet (temporary one) with Slain Monsters Rest In Peace (check the recipes in documents) modifier right before fighting baal. It should help with his summoning.

Now to go through the basics, did you hit maximum attack speed? you can check the speed calc posted in the tools to make sure.
how did you allocate your stats? Skills?
I suggest you stance dance just a bit. Bear stance locks out ranged attacks, and what i do on my own barb is go into wolf stance to cast fortress, then right back to bear stance until i can recast fortress. It's a nice support skill.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeadyJ on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:06 am

I don't think I've hit maximum attack speed. I'm quite new to this game and don't know what effect maxing things like chance to block and ias do.
I'm not at home at the moment and i'll check when I get home but gloves are SU Leather or Hard leather. I can't remember which one. They were given to me.

I've placed just enough str to wear gear, about 100 points in dex...because someone told me to. And the rest in Vit.

Maxed Mountain King, Bear stance, Runemaster and Immortal
5 points Wolf Companion
1 point all other stances Stance, Thundergod and each of the melee skills
then Ancient Blood, every time I get more max levels increase I add to each maxed skill

PeadyJ
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:58 am

@PeadyJ wrote:I don't think I've hit maximum attack speed. I'm quite new to this game and don't know what effect maxing things like chance to block and ias do.
I'm not at home at the moment and i'll check when I get home but gloves are SU Leather or Hard leather. I can't remember which one. They were given to me.
I've placed just enough str to wear gear, about 100 points in dex...because someone told me to. And the rest in Vit.
Maxed Mountain King, Bear stance, Runemaster and Immortal
5 points Wolf Companion
1 point all other stances Stance, Thundergod and each of the melee skills
then Ancient Blood, every time I get more max levels increase I add to each maxed skill

http://www.medianxl.com/t55-speed-calculator-in-java

I had a nice long answer but went back in pages and it got erased...
I'll be concise. The game runs at 25 frames per second, and every character with various weapons has breakpoints at which they attack or cast spells at a certain rate (whereby their attack/cast animation takes fewer frames). with the weapon you're using, you can hit a breakpoint of an attack every 7 frames (or, 3.5 attacks per second). It's important to get IAS from items and IAS from skills (IAS from skills counts far more than items, check calculator) and max out attack/cast speed. The breakpoints vary with whatever weapon you're using (2 handed swords for example, with a barb, can attack every 5 frames (5 attacks/second)).
For a barb, many recommend having 30k attack rating, but with only 100 dexterity i'm worried you don't have enough.
Damage reduced % caps out at 50% (with a combination of gear and skills). If you max out bear stance i think you went over that limit. I would respec and bring bear stance down so you hit 50% DR, but no more.
Otherwise, you skill allocation depends on you.
I've read the guides in the barb section. I've tried melee barbs with bear stance, i've done fortress/melee hybdrids, i've tried maxing snake/eagle stance. It's all fun. So do whatever you feel like is fun and don't hesitate to try all your skills.
For example, stormblast hits 25/second. Wolf companions cast a "curse" (or debuff, i can't remember what that counts as) that makes every time the monster takes damage, they take additional damage. and guess what? Stormblast procs that damage 25 times/second. For that reason i actually put ~20/25 points to wolves (all your other wdm based skills also proc that damage). Because i have so many wolves, i also max out spirit guide (more damage and a lot of defense). That makes my defense more independent of runes and bear stance.
And so on. 1.2 million defense is a tad bit too much, and honestly, 1million is more than enough for general purposes.
My unholy melee pally has 600k defense and i don't find myself needing more defense for farming most places.
Also, i generally put only 1 point into mountain king because of its diminishing returns and because +all skills gets you more than enough.
But again, play around with your skill allocation to see what fits you best.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:37 am

@Asteroth wrote:I spent over 50 shrines (500 + rolls) crafting my gaunlets with 'lorenado on attack' proc, but did not see a single one.
I saw plenty of burning veil or stormblast procs, but not a single lorenado proc.
Docs say they're still around, can anyone verify if they've crafted gloves with lorenado?

It's still there, check the docs for the affix range though. The bigger issue with CtC Lorenado is that you need a lower affix lvl, which in turn limits other bonuses that can appear on the gloves. IIRC you need an affix lvl of 20-50 or something close to that. The docs also explain affix lvl (combination of ilvl and quality lvl), and realize that an ilvl 99 item always has an affix lvl of 99, so you will need to lower it (making the gloves rare, then returning to base stats, and repeating is the easiest way to lower the ilvl down to where you need it).

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:49 am

@looney-toons wrote:I have watched several videos about yshari and I keep running around in circles and spawning shadow chars somehow but I cant seem to understand what makes valthek spawn his minions to make him vulnerable. is there a secret to it or am I just not lucky?

Simply run around and wait for it to happen. He seems to only do it when he teleports, so make sure you're close enough for him to be teleporting to you. Also know that he seems to like to summon adds when he gets damaged, so it isn't uncommon to die after he teleports since this is the easiest way to damage him (he teleports, you sidestep and hit him with the spell, and then he summons adds and traps you). I can also link both a guide and a video that go over everything in regards to the fight if you need it.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:16 pm

@aknazer wrote:
@Asteroth wrote:I spent over 50 shrines (500 + rolls) crafting my gaunlets with 'lorenado on attack' proc, but did not see a single one.
I saw plenty of burning veil or stormblast procs, but not a single lorenado proc.
Docs say they're still around, can anyone verify if they've crafted gloves with lorenado?

It's still there, check the docs for the affix range though.  The bigger issue with CtC Lorenado is that you need a lower affix lvl, which in turn limits other bonuses that can appear on the gloves.  IIRC you need an affix lvl of 20-50 or something close to that.  The docs also explain affix lvl (combination of ilvl and quality lvl), and realize that an ilvl 99 item always has an affix lvl of 99, so you will need to lower it (making the gloves rare, then returning to base stats, and repeating is the easiest way to lower the ilvl down to where you need it).

I see what you mean now. That's lame Sad

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Augustas on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:02 pm

Alright, ubermegasupernewb here, well, in crafting and runewords and stuff. I was looking through documentation and stuff but still have no clear idea how to craft a weapon. I didnt want to create a separate thread and I know its not a short question but I hope someone will be willing to educate me through PMs or skype or something. For example that's what I want to make :

Image hijacked from RollsRoyce

What jewels do I use? How do I make the item with double MOs? So if someone is willing to educate me please pm me since I'm really bad with using documentation stuff and its too confusing for me Sad

Augustas
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:50 pm

@Augustas wrote:Alright, ubermegasupernewb here, well, in crafting and runewords and stuff. I was looking through documentation and stuff but still have no clear idea how to craft a weapon. I didnt want to create a separate thread and I know its not a short question but I hope someone will be willing to educate me through PMs or skype or something. For example that's what I want to make :

What jewels do I use? How do I make the item with double MOs? So if someone is willing to educate me please pm me since I'm really bad with using documentation stuff and its too confusing for me Sad

To make a runeword in weapons with Double MO (i wouldn't call it "crafting", since that could also mean shrine crafting and that'd cause confusion and whatnot) you get any weapon and use oil of enhancenment to get it to "superior" state. (you can break down magic/rare/unique/whatever items to "cracked" and then upgrade to normal, and then superior with oil of enhancement)
Then you use oil of renewal to get affixes like enhanced damage and/or bonus attack rating. Then you use the Luck Trial mystic orb to get the double MO effect (only 2% chance of working).
You will fail, and then you use more oils of renewal to refresh your item, then luck trial again, and repeat these steps ad nauseum.
It can take 20minutes to 1hour, depending on how picky you are with the stats you want on the base item before luck trial, your APM, and just sheer luck.

Some notes: you want to have maximum number of sockets, so unless your weapon rolls with with max sockets or rolls without any at all (because then you can drill your own sockets), don't luck trial it.
Once you luck trial the weapon and get a double MO affix, celebrate and use a oil of luck or oil of blessed luck. Once an item gets double MO, it will have 100% chance to me upgraded with luck oils.
Then depending on the ruenword you're using, i'd suggest using 15% enhanced damage MOs until you hit ~350% OR until you reach +20 lvls (but this is only important if your rune is lvl 100, in which case +20 would max you out on the level requirement--be wary of this).

For jewels, i like jewelcrafting with Ber (for 1-2% lifesteal) rune. Once you're lvl 120, or even 100, you can buy max/high ilvl jewels by gambling.
You should look for whatever stat you need. Jewels can roll 15% IAS, FHR, FCR, so you can shoot for those affixes if you need more of a certain speed to reach breakpoints.
Jewels can roll resistances, bonus to attack rating (always useful), the indestructible affix (i love having 1 jewel with this affix for weapons so you never need to repair)
Jewels can also roll 1-3% spell damage (but this is only relevant for chars that use spell damage of any sort--at which point crafting with Zod runes would be a great choice), up to 40 to life, and basic stats like vitality.

Craft around for a bit and see which jewels you like.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum