New to Median...what exactly is Sigma?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New to Median...what exactly is Sigma?

Post by themightyevil on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:26 pm

ive read so many different things about different kinds of Median mods....XL, Sigma, Omega? Whats the difference between them? Which SHOULD I be playing for the best experience? :_:

And about Sin Wars....me and my friebd play on Lan, both used the same CD Keys, does playing sin wars with the same CD key still come up with the same error as normal D2?

themightyevil
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New to Median...what exactly is Sigma?

Post by Istaryu on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:36 pm

Omega, XL is a different versions of Median, and Sigma will be a completely new mod, it is being developed atm.

Istaryu
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Originial Median XL was developed until what is called Median XL 2012 005. Omega is 1 version before 2012 (before 2012 001).

Marco (MarcoNecroX) continued the development after Laz quitted and made Median XL Ultimative. Ultimative is the CURRENT version and the one you should download is Ultimative XIVb, it has quite a few changes from 2012.
Link for XIVb: http://www.moddb.com/mods/median-xl-ultimative/downloads/median-xl-ultimative-xivb

SIGMA is a mod in early development stages, developed by Marco and whist, it's not released, there's no alpha/beta or any kind of release, release date or alpha date is not known.

TSW is a private server, it works with 1.13C. DON'T ever update with battle.net, you must DL 1.13c manually and install it. Also it will work ONLY with XIVb.
Since The Sin War is a private server it should not give any errors concerning CD key. You can even pirate download the game and it'll work... if you downloaded it from a normal site that is.

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tencanek on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:03 pm

There will never be any Sigma.

tencanek
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:38 pm

@tencanek wrote:There will never be any Sigma.
Alright guys, this guy above ^ said there will never be any Sigma. That's it, marco stop working on it, whist all your code edits and guis were in vain, stop working on them too. That's it, sigma development is closed&XV latest patch.

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:14 pm

k I deleted the files. Thanks tencanek.

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by themightyevil on Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:33 pm

@whist wrote:k I deleted the files. Thanks tencanek.

D:!! My thread ruined everything.....Ill go cry in a corner now....! D:  Kaboom 

themightyevil
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:20 am

This might help:

@Quirinus wrote:if your D2 version is 1.13d (the one battle.net uses), reinstall the game OR download game.exe from blizzard and overwrite the old one in the D2 folder
download the 1.13c patch from blizzard and run it (TSW2 requires 1.13c)
(DONT JOIN BATTLENET, IT WILL UPGRADE YOUR VERSION TO 1.13d)
backup the patch_d2.mpq by renaming it to patch_d2_LoD.mpq (in the D2 folder)
put the MXLU XIV-b mod files in the D2 folder
run this reg file to add TSW2 gateway OR add it manually with the Gateway editor (IP 37.221.195.51)

first read the TSW2 realm rules
the only maphack you can use is D2MR (D2 Map Reveal, everyone uses it, it's just a small help). it requires you to run it as admin, and you gotta run it every new act or if you join/create a new game
you can also use D2 Stats Reader to check your stats
D2 Clicker is also allowed, put this text in the clicker.ini file (overwrite everything with it)

Here is the documentation, pretty much everything you need is in there: http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/

When playing on the realm, you can change different servers that host your game by putting 'GS#' in the game description (where # is the number of the server), otherwise you'll get random ones. Or you can perpetually have a server as your main one if you use '/gs #' in the channel. You can see what server you're on when you join a game. Different servers are located in different parts of the world, so some will lag more for you and some less. Use the /ping command to check the in-game ping.

You can find the recipe for resetting/respecing stats (Belladonna elixir) in the Documentation under Items/Cube Recipes.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:56 am

@themightyevil wrote:ive read so many different things about different kinds of Median mods....XL, Sigma, Omega? Whats the difference between them? Which SHOULD I be playing for the best experience?

What is Sigma? Let's reword your topic and intro sentence a bit to form a witty analogy:

Answer to the question wrote:"New to Religion... what exactly is Christianity?"

"I've read so many different bibles and different kinds of Christian denominations... Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Protestantism? What's the difference between them? Which SHOULD I place my faith in for the best experience?"

Using the above comparative example, Sigma in this case would represent Mr. Jesus Christ himself, the poster-child of everything right with that one faith, here to abolish all past sins. But since Sigma is intangible to us in its current form, believing in Sigma is much like believing in a religion... you got to have faith, and not let other impure mods steer you away from the one true mod that is Sigma. Does that make sense now?  Mr Green

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:56 am

All hail Sigma Jesus!

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum