Exactly!!!  Cool ...all the way  Twisted Evil 

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which is your prefferred merc?

Post by Asteroth on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:21 pm

@grimjerk wrote:Priestess with Miasma procing bow.

Webspinner is sooo good with either Priestess or Ranger

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Usually a Barb Merc for the amazing tankiness. His skills are amazing for keeping both of you alive while you dish out the dmg. GotW is pretty cool too.

Unless i'm going with a druid, since that GotW is wasted then. Shapeshifter's Bloodlust makes a decent replacement, and he's almost as tanky. Especially if you throw a Goredrill on him.

Priestess if i need ranged wdm support. She's great backing a non-phys melee char.

For super-tanky builds or summoners i go with Bloodmage for the party heal and fire / poison ranged support.

The best merc is always the one that compliments your char and playstyle, i think.

DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Act 5 merc all the way. It can actually survive in some ubers if you gear him correctly and he does great damage, buffs your army, debuffs enemies with SoR, and makes meatshields.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:04 pm

I actually made a build around the A5 merc before I reformatted my harddrive. But he could do players 8 sanctuary and get to and kill diablo in under 5 minutes with ZERO support damage from me. He had about 75k damage. He was finally taken down consistently by the act 5 rats. Also, I don't know if it was a bug or not, but if you left the game with him hired, and rejoined another, he would buff himself to nearly invulnerable. Nothing except act 5 worldstone could kill him (Not including ubers.)

Since I had my damage taken care of, I just made my barbarian a bunch of honorifics with life regen and stuff and always had eagle stance on (or whatever the one that regened life was) and healed ridiculous amounts of life. I could focus solely on survivability. All in all, my merc was probably better than a lot of median xl characters here. Oh and I forgot to mention how crazy you can stack up your magic find, since your magic find is carried over to your merc's own magic find, who is doing all the killing....

Honorable mention to the act 3 abjurer and his insane black hole skill.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:02 pm

answer is none to me Very Happy but if you really insist on using them for fun or hc play - depends on your build is the answer

act2 mercs are cool for tankiness and bloodlust boost, esp for pwncezon retaliator is awesome and fun to have

act3 fire merc is really solid choice with heal and warp armor and with right items and boost he can pretty much solo some uber bosses - once i managed to make him solo kabraxis (old one) it was really so LOL moment of median for me

act5 merc i guess this guy has gift of the wild so can be good dmg booster with right items like ele dmg to motw or dmg to motw etc. SoR on attack is always cool

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:05 pm

@stoya wrote:answer is none to me Very Happy but if you really insist on using them for fun or hc play - depends on your build is the answer

act2 mercs are cool for tankiness and bloodlust boost, esp for pwncezon retaliator is awesome and fun to have

act3 fire merc is really solid choice with heal and warp armor and with right items and boost he can pretty much solo some uber bosses - once i managed to make him solo kabraxis (old one) it was really so LOL moment of median for me

act5 merc i guess this guy has gift of the wild so can be good dmg booster with right items like ele dmg to motw or dmg to motw etc. SoR on attack is always cool

I'd even build on this:
a1 merc for the arrowsides (without lockout timers).
a3 for another element (are you a fire caster? get a necrolyte for the hailstorms)
a5 mercs also thunderslam and summon their own mob, which is really nice

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:29 pm

Of course there is always the Shockwave Ranger. Requires nothing fancier than a Sacred War Bow with Sol runeword. Gear her with -100% Enemy poison resist and as much +% Poison Skill Damage as you can. Once she gets rolling it is sick, especially in open areas.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:30 pm

other act3 merc die pretty instant compare to fire guy, sadly Very Happy
damn i forgot act1 merc with webspinner miasma madness or sol bow pwnisher epicness.
i always grab act1 merc with sol bow and make her finish normal for me she is amazing Very Happy

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum