List: Items - The Underpowered

View previous topic View next topic Go down

List: Items - The Underpowered

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:45 pm

Make sure to read the FORUM RULES for this specific sub-forum.
Don't get into discussions, just list stuff. No need to say "why" either.

As for uniques, if you do comparisions between the 3 sacred layers (su,ssu,sssu),
remember you should be aiming for something a bit weaker for every more common
item version (su is the most common, sssu is the rarest).

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: List: Items - The Underpowered

Post by RollsRoyce on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:38 pm

You should also make a thread with Items that are considered Fine, to see which items dont need a discussion, there you should sum up all these item in first post.

Personally i am a little bit feared of doing that as you already stomped onto 20 hours of discussion of me along with zuppl ( who i guess still is annoyed).

Also noone knows your philosophy of Sigma and i dont feel like posting
Su Shot Sword is UP as its plain useless, do you actually wamt any Unique to be useful at any point of the game, or is it okay if some are just made for disenchanting, personally i would list very very much items as UP because i dont see any situation where it can be used.

If you want to make good uniques, we need a list of all possible builds in median and dedicate the uniques towards these builds, otherwise there will always be too much trash out there
RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Proximity on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:57 pm

I feel like there are a LOT of TU's that nobody ever uses, simply because they don't fit any character better than another item.

Jester is a pretty good example, i have never seen anybody actually use that. In my opinion these items would be best replaced by ones that are interesting. Some items are just really good for a lot of characters, like Deadfall. I want items that promote custom and unconventional builds, like The Magister does so extremely well, it turns any character into a caster early game. Then there's Aerin Orbiter to go with it, and Queen of Glass. This is an amazing item set, and it's a ton of fun to use since Apocalypse is such a great skill. I want more of this. Maybe give Vilehand those poison summons from Druid for example, even though that tree was removed. oSkills can be fairly OP if there's a ton of them i suppose, but they are some of the most fun items.

My point is, for me one of the most fun things in Ultimative atm is playing interesting builds. Ones that use less used skills more, because they have spare points from their attack skills, because they are replaced by oSkills.

Proximity
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpamBomb on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:07 am

ssu war axe

SpamBomb
Bane Hunter

King of AFK
TGBest 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thedarkbobo on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:22 am

For bowdude:
Shaad, Taha and Painless bows are top and then rest...
sssu Compound bow since i didn't have it - can notice that it has no proc but dragonlore and wots(no idea if it is> ssu bows with 2-3k ele dmg)

Ghouls Soul - sssu serpent bow - is troll item without high phys dmg - so we cant LL imo but we do elemental damages.

Sssu Maple bow is like err...bad.

sssu viper bow - wyrmshot is nice but there is no elemental damage on it..proc is troll again

I didnt have Sssu recurve bow yet, again no elemental damage...nova shot seems good - would have to test.

As a reminder - bow dude can kill necrobots (for example) due to super high psn dmg of punishers. W/o that you need loads of elemental or magic damage nova shoting from close range.

So what is good to see:
add at least a little elemental damage/ or +str mod to spell damage for procs
procs like punishers/deaths blossom...
physical damage that can compete with runeword bows.

Would be nice to see opinions of more experienced people.

Last edited by thedarkbobo on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
thedarkbobo
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thedarkbobo on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Necro items:
Sssu necro shields - there are 3 shields for totemancer, 1 for summonner, 1 for melee - I feel myself lack of items(that said, shield) for reanimator necro with not high % of usefull reanimate.
The same goes more or less for Ssu necro shields, which are plenty, but the two shields with reanims are for melee's.

Wands seem fine, using sssu one buffs one of elements..
I usually use the one with acid fiends anyway, for obvious reasons - spell power buff and is higher than on Sssu wands and speed buff is awesome.

If you want to force more ppl go melee necro, there is the thing that as you could see Sur rw scythe has awesome proc for aoe cleaning and new scythes rather dont.

Last edited by thedarkbobo on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total
thedarkbobo
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deak2112 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:41 pm

Doomswath. Seems a pointless SSU to me.
Deak2112
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpamBomb on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:36 am

ssu wolf head

SpamBomb
Bane Hunter

King of AFK
TGBest 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpamBomb on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:38 am

Lacuni Cowl
Skull Cap (Sacred)

Brainburst
Helm (Sacred)

Portal Kombat
Helm (Sacred)

SpamBomb
Bane Hunter

King of AFK
TGBest 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thedarkbobo on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:44 am

About Lacuni -
I noticed that motw proc on most items has really really low trigger chance (1-2%) - whats the point of that ? On the contrary druid helmet has 3% bloodlust (1,5 or 3 times more often than 1-2%), and there is a lot of items with bloodlust (shamanka or other with charges etc). Too low % chance on kill (1-2%) makes item really rarely used.

Do you consider procs fun or damage dealer?
Do you consider new runewords as somewhere closer to Ssu or sssu?
As always people go for best they can get.

What could be changed...
For example:
2% lvl 31 Lorenado on poison javelins overrides poison from curare and weapon itself, and if you dont use curare it wont be enough to kill necrobot fast enough...

You could buff less-used builds/chars for example:
Sudden Death Stone*6 Throwing axes higher proc chance

Add 5-15% reanimates for melee build ultimative runewords, like ice*6 barb weapons (for survival), same for 6* light barb weapons, necro scythe or dagger, palla spears, sorc crystal sword - thats good for farming.

thedarkbobo
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum