Huge lag spikes on sp

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Huge lag spikes on sp

Post by woods879 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:50 pm

I just reinstalled MXL:U and I've been getting HUGE lag spikes in Glide and D3D video mode. DDraw works fine, but sometimes the screen freaks out and everything looks like crap. Can someone please tell me what's causing this? Thanks!

woods879
Siren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Huge lag spikes on sp

Post by woods879 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:32 pm

@xavvax wrote:
@woods879 wrote:I just reinstalled MXL:U and I've been getting HUGE lag spikes in Glide and D3D video mode. DDraw works fine, but sometimes the screen freaks out and everything looks like crap. Can someone please tell me what's causing this? Thanks!

d2 engine cant handle the awesomeness

Ikr

woods879
Siren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Moved from General Discussion to Newbie Help subsection.

If you need any short questions answered in the future, use the Short Questions Thread:

http://www.medianxl.com/t5425-short-questions-thread

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:31 pm

@xavvax wrote:i get a lot of lag too and i cant even avoid this coz im playing a summoner with a lot of 30+ summons moving around already and then there is the enemy...i guess i should restart and play something else...mhm..

Summoners are a cool concept but are fundamentally flawed for end-game use. This is because of things like being unable to control their movements (can't dodge special mechanics so they either die or are made OP to survive it), distribution of power (either they have mos of the power making you weak on your own, or you have most of the power making the summons useless), and various other things.

So while a summoner build can work for certain things (Toraja, Judgement Day, etc), I would recommend something else if you're looking for an "all around" build. I'm sure a summoner can do most everything (if not everything), but a lot of things will be a lot harder than needed and/or require very rare gear to make it work.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:27 pm

@xavvax wrote:aye..but i can only play what i enjoy playing
i start a necro now with bow and totems...its fun and pwning a$$ but i guess later its gonna suk too lol
but i cant play the overrated farming builds thats no fun

Then simply view it as a challenge. Even when something isn't summoner friendly try to come up with ways that you can get it done. And there's also the ability to clear places as a summoner but then change gear/spec for the boss fight. I've done things like that on fights where my primary build/gear simply wouldn't work against a boss.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum