Sorceress question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sorceress question

Post by bettyrubble on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:03 am

I have a sorc completed to 120 but after reading some of the builds, I do not have any of the gear. I have the sorc sword and it looks kinda of good but I do not know how to make a build around it, any advice or build knowledge would be appreciated

bettyrubble
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorceress question

Post by Metalistas on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:35 am

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bettyrubble on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:45 am

oh sorry I forgot I had made a thread already awhile back. thanksand sorry

bettyrubble
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:01 am

I'm actually working on a guide for a melee sorc right now. I'll post some gear for entry level ubers and then some gear for higher level stuff.

General Info: For MOs I've found that +ED% beats out +TCD% for armor (unless you're going from like 345% to 350%) with this build. Also understand that different places might require you to use different gear or change your build completely. Enemies like Malic and Yshari Andarial are a bad idea to melee so either use caster gear on them, a decent crafted bow with Arrow Swarm, or change builds for the fight. Also a lot of your survival later on is going to come from block, which requires Signets of Learning combined with pAmythests in gear.

Build: Skillplan Melee Sorc (Sorceress, Ultimative XIII)

The point of putting points into moonstrike is that it increases the duration of the HP buff. So you can pull points out of it if you feel that the duration of the buff is long enough. Your primary source of damage is Bladestorm, but there isn't really much of a point in putting more than 1 point in it. Warp Armor only gets its 1% avoid on every even level, hence stopping at lvl28. Living Flame is awesome, max it. Left over points go into Fire Dance, just be sure to actually cast it (especially on boss fights) as it increases your damage.

Entry Level:

Weapon - Xar RW
Shield - On RW
Helm - Yul RW
Chest - On RW (sorceress armor only)
Gloves - crafted or rare reroll. Go for +sorc skills and CtC Stormblast
Belt - Vith RW or rare/crafted with CtC Disintegrate
Boots - Ath or Nih RW
Ammy - Teganze or Witchmoon
Rings - Empryean/Ripstar

This gear can be used to clear up through tricky/moderate ubers without needing any signets of learning, and once you have some charms it is also good enough to do Baal. Depending on your STR level, consider putting the boot RW in a slightly lower str req item so that the str bonus will help you equip other items.

Endgame:

Weapon - Starhawk (rainbow build)/Dryhten Ealdor (physical damage+leech life build)
Shield - Stormflyer
Helm - Veil of Magic
Chest - AotOR
Gloves - crafted with sorc skills, CtC Stormblast, and decent +ED%
Belt - crafted with CtC Disintegrate and +ED% (+spell damage % is good too if doing a rainbow build)
Boots - crafted/unique/RW as boots seem to be the weakest piece of gear for the build to me
Ammy - Klaatu/Beads
Rings - Empryean/Bad Mood/1827

If you have any questions about specific fights or gear or anything feel free to ask.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:12 am

search function
short questions thread

please don't open more topics

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:15 pm

@ betty: You've opened up over 60 topics here, majority of them were useless. Last warning or you will get banned.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:33 pm

USA has to win against Germany and qualify or else everyone will get ban Very Happy

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum