Questions on barbarian concept

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Questions on barbarian concept

Post by Isorader on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Hello everyone,

I am playing this mod for like 3 or 4 weeks now but only played guide based chars yet, so I figured it is time for me to build up a concept on my own to see how far my knowledge concerning Median goes. For this i chose the barbarian.

Dual-wield is badass, so I will go for Bloodhatred as main skill. Since it lowers the target's resistances this should synergise with Nephalem weapons.
To make up now for not going Runemaster I will stick with bear stance for more def/dmg reduce/more dmg.

This is my skillplan for now:

Skillplan (Barbarian, 2012 v005)

Gearwise I should obviously aim for -100 enemy elemental resistance and the standard resistance,high def, much life etc.
Since I lower the enemy resistances strong elemental procs on gear make sense. Do they get buffed by Nephalem weapons btw?

Pls give me some advice on the general concept and gearwise, cheers.

Isorader
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions on barbarian concept

Post by romanN1 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:59 pm

What kind of gear are you looking for at the moment? Early? Mid? End game gear?
Melee skills are enough for 1 skill point. Instead of investing 30 in hatred you could invest just one and use 4 points to max bear stance and rest of 25 for wolf companion and immortal. Btw mountain king is also a one pointer. Another suggestion is to use blood hatred in combination with stormblast since storm blast hits 25 times per second...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Isorader on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:41 pm

Mid to End game gear.

The reason why i put more points in hatred is the life leech - 50 Losim per point. Had in mind to rely on this to leech so i can focus on dmg/elemental on gear.

How should i use stormblast with hatred? Does the barbarian get into some kind of frenzy status after charging up hatred so stormblast uses its boni?

Btw are there any information out there how bloodhatred charges up?

Isorader
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:56 pm

You use stormblast as main, and just switch to hatred when you see your life going down...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Bloodhatred acts as any other buff does meaning that once it is fully charged, any kind of attack will have the same bonuses. Keep in mind that blood hatred is effected by buff/debuff duration modifiers which will both increase the length of the buff and make your health drain slower which both make a build that uses it a lot more comfortable to play.

Endgame 1 point in blood hatred should give you more than enough losim to survive well.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum