Risk of Rain

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Risk of Rain

Post by RAD-82 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:55 am

Risk of Rain on Steam

About the game:
Risk of Rain is an action platformer with roguelike elements. With permanent death as a primary feature, players will have to play their best to get as far as possible. Fight on a mysterious planet with randomly spawning enemies and bosses, either alone or with 3 friends in online co-op. With over 100 items at your disposal, you will find the tools you need to find the teleporter back home. Discover a myriad of randomly chosen stages, from the desolate forest to the frozen tundra.

I've watched a lot of YouTube videos of this, so when I bought it in the Steam Summer Sale, I started my playing on the hardest difficulty, Monsoon.  I made it to the 4th level on my first try!  Then I had a few bad games before making it to the final level, but I never reached the boss, as I got totally wasted on the fire trail of a Blighted Elder Lemurian.  That thing dropped my life so fast as I tried to skip past it.  Then I had a few more bad games.  On my 12th game, I believe I finally survived to reach the state of infinite gameplay, but that wasn't my goal.  I looped the levels until I acquired an unlock, then I went to the final level.  I was strong, and I had a huge drone army.  I was more than half-way done with the final level, and was in the middle of getting my revenge on a Blighted Elder Lemurian, when the laptop overheated and shutdown.  DOH! Sad  It's not really that great of a computer (it runs Windows 7, but it came with Vista when it was new), and I was afraid this might happen to me.  I now have a lot of Steam achievements that aren't reflected in my game.  I was going to avoid using artifacts for a while, but after this lose of progress, I feel like I may need to use some Glass to try and plow through faster.

I did manage to get one screenshot of my lost run, from my last level before the final level.  So many Wandering Vagrants spawned, making it impossible for me stay still, as I was constantly being bombarded by their shots.

Poor FPS!  I really shouldn't play this game without a better computer.  Kaboom  The game time was at about 134 or 137 minutes when the computer stopped.

RAD-82
Bone Sorcerer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Risk of Rain

Post by GregMXL on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:40 pm

This looks cool. I might check it out.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:52 pm

lol looks fun

can you buy/sell stuff?

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RAD-82 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:57 am

can you buy/sell stuff?

You can't sell stuff, but buying is how you get most of your items.  The most common method is to purchase a random item from a chest, but there are also other methods of acquiring items which give you a little bit more control over what you get.

RAD-82
Bone Sorcerer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RAD-82 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:50 am

Risk of Rain has been updated!  It now runs on a newer engine (GameMaker Studio instead of GameMaker Cool, and performance is waaaay better.  I turned the graphic settings from low to high and I still get a 60 in the bottom corner.  There are new resolution settings, too.

edit:  Unfortunately, it is filled with a bunch of new bugs, some of which are game-breaking.  One that comes to mind is Ifrit's walls.

Last edited by RAD-82 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total

RAD-82
Bone Sorcerer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:45 am

Rad! wb Smile

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none