Discussion about trophies

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Discussion about trophies

Post by Thall on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:59 pm

I've never realy been to end game and gotten charms or trophies before so excuse me if I'm being a complete retard.

I just started trying to farm some trophies and I think that the 2% drop rate is a little odd. I've spent some hours trying to farm said trophie with no luck. Is there a reason that the drop rate is so low? Has anyone thought about making them have a better chance to drop or would it be game breaking?

Thinking 

These are just a few of my thoughts, I would love some feedback on this. Cheers!

Thall
Bloody Butcher

We March For Macragge!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion about trophies

Post by romanN1 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:16 pm

Well I think that one of the main reasons for that is to have a long journey until you reached the end when you basically don't need anything anymore for a character. Another reason would be the fact that you really have to fight for that bonus Very Happy.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:41 pm

I agree with roman. I would never come back to some bosses once they dropped the charm, but because of the tropies I eventually come back and then can see the progress that I have made since my last visit.
Most trophies grant rather meh bonuses, so you don't technically need them to beat everything in the game (then again, you could beat the game without any charms whatsoever).

You probably got really unlucky. Don't worry, you're not alone. Razz 

Having any charm drop perfect every time would probably not break the game, but what do you do once you have them all perfect? Cool 

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pa5call on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:47 pm

@ RomanN1

Dat posts count   Cool   Clap Clap   

Salut  Dizzy 

...on topic: After the penultimate ladder reset, I was farming for one trophy all the time and never got it… After the last ladder reset, I got it on the very first try along with the perfect roll charm  Laughing

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:48 pm

It's all RNG. For some of them from harder bosses it can be a pita but meh it keeps you coming back. Personally it took over 200 kills of Akarat to get his trophy (and never saw a perfect charm), but kills 6 and 7 in TA both dropped trophies (and before I had even gotten a charm).

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:41 pm

@Thall wrote:Has anyone thought about making them have a better chance to drop or would it be game breaking?
The whole point is to give bored people something to farm that takes a long time to get. The trophy bonuses are supposed to be minimal, so it isn't a big deal whether you have them or not.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:45 pm

Agree on the point with Archon. Although I would say a bunch of them are certainly not minimal in the reward capacity (many of the easy ones too such as Tran and 2 or 3 others I'm thinking of but don't wanna be trolled for misnaming 'em)

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sexen on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:00 pm

All the trophies except for cathedral of vanity are good for pretty much every build. They are 2% because they are "trophies". I know in this day and age people get trophies for showing up but in reality it should be something hard earned.

Sexen
Howling Spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:17 pm

@Sexen wrote:All the trophies except for cathedral of vanity are good for pretty much every build. They are 2% because they are "trophies". I know in this day and age people get trophies for showing up but in reality it should be something hard earned.
I think trophys are good. However, the %chance is too low... and given the RNG mechanics in the form a 100% chance, 2% (actually) should be raised to 5%... Yeah. it's a buff, but still get a trophy is hard... but not sooo hard like now, cause some ubers are a real pain...

Yeah, "pro" player will enjoy this feature, however, mid players and newbies like me will never touch a trophy in the actual conditions SOOOOOOOO based in RNG...

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:36 pm

Maybe learn more and become "pro". Not really sure what a pro player is. Maybe vadust but doesn't he only do certain builds/formulaic ubers?

I dunno. The idea of "Pro" versus anything boggles me.

#2-> There are features in median I do not have the pleasure or luxury to enjoy. I simply live with them Very Happy

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum