Discussion about trophies

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion about trophies

Post by Will on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:10 am

Re: changing the topic/missing point/whatever we want to call it

If 1 topic is done why not post a new one to frame discussion? Just a suggestion.

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:16 am

@archon256 wrote:Actually, thinking about how the MXLU bosses don't have any trophies made me realize something - nearly all of Laz's ubers are designed so that you can complete them in a reasonable amount of time, and they also have trophies for the 'elite' players who want to grind them.
As you can see, it's still a discussion inspired by (and about) trophies.

Also it's strange that THIS is the thread in which you're talking about making a new thread for off-topic content, when in the MXLU-XV thread we have a discussion on racism.  Rolling Eyes

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:19 am

I don't read off-topic threads like that one. too busy  Booty Shake

By the way, who is that handsome but angry looking gent you're quoting?  Cool (ed yeah I made 2 edits...you know it's time to do something else when you meaninglessly edit post 2x with new silliness)

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:13 am

@archon256 wrote:
@archon256 wrote:Actually, thinking about how the MXLU bosses don't have any trophies made me realize something - nearly all of Laz's ubers are designed so that you can complete them in a reasonable amount of time, and they also have trophies for the 'elite' players who want to grind them.
As you can see, it's still a discussion inspired by (and about) trophies.

Also it's strange that THIS is the thread in which you're talking about making a new thread for off-topic content, when in the MXLU-XV thread we have a discussion on racism.  Rolling Eyes

The racism bit barely lasted beyond a single page and that thread is already beyond that topic.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:29 am

@aknazer wrote:
The racism bit barely lasted beyond a single page and that thread is already beyond that topic.
So you're saying the topic of a thread can evolve over time? It's almost as if that's the point I was making  Smile 
At least I've stayed somewhat on topic Wink

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:09 am

@archon256 wrote:
@aknazer wrote:
So you're saying the topic of a thread can evolve over time? It's almost as if that's the point I was making  Smile 
At least I've stayed somewhat on topic Wink

Ahh, I didn't realize that was what you were saying. And yes, I would say that a topic can evolve over time. Though if there is to be serious discussion about something not related to the topic then it should be split off to a different topic (like how the melee sorc discussion go its own thread when it started in the XV thread). Here's how I roughly break it down in my head for if I think something should have its own thread or not, using this thread as an example.

1) Long ubers shouldn't have trophies - Natural progression of a thread as it is related to trophies.
2) Statement that we need more shorter ubers (or that not all new ubers should be long) - OT but doesn't need its own thread.
3) Discussion about the length of ubers - Should be moved to a new thread, but likely isn't to happen for various reasons.

And yes, even this post would fall into either #2 or 3.

On Topic - So yea, I don't mind trophies being at a 2% drop rate. My only concern is with longer fights having such a low drop rate and with there being too many trophies that it feels mandatory to farm some/most of them (this one is less of a concern in regards to the very short/easy fights which is where most of the trophies are currently anyways).

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum