Throwing knife assassin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Throwing knife assassin

Post by Arioch on Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:49 pm

I'm just wandering about renewing an earlier character of mine-a sin using Maelstrom MK V as a main and Scorpion blade as a secondary/boss/immune killer and such. The idea is to SMax at least Maelstrom and WoP and give many points to SB, WoS (maybe Lmax) and of course PB. Questions:
-does it better to handle her as a caster (+energy, spell damage-does it even works with those two skills?, more mana to spam, overall more damage) or to spend stat points to dex (+flechette damage, attack rating, phys damage, you can use better knifes and got better block rate)?
-Do I need points to QoB (at least to get spam slow, CB and such)?
-Which Uberskill to use? Of course no PB but WoG (another element, I prefer this) or Beacon (not much explanation needed, bomb+death everywhere but need to wait for it).
-Which gear to use (it depends a lot of the first question, ofc)? I prefer procs "on strike" and "+all skills/assassin skills."
-about procs: earlier version Doom was synergied to it's well.. synergy, so you could spend points to Crucify (if I remember well) and proc had +bonus damage. Is it the same with "X chance to cast scorpion blade" which has more blades if you spend points to Maelstrom? You got 3/4/5... blades as a proc?

Arioch
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throwing knife assassin

Post by pa5call on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:09 pm

Max Ways and PB. All points into dexterity (MO rings and all with strength) and use 1 point WW to kill bosses along with up to 10 blades from QoB...  Wink Forget about the scorpion blade and craft all your gear with renewal potions or shrines until you've got the full Creed set or some lovely SSSUs...  Wink –use something else for heroic bosses though….   Eh?  Check some guides if it doesn’t work as expected…. Happy Upside Down

pa5call
Cathedral Drow

TGGood 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arioch on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:33 pm

@pa5call wrote:Max Ways and PB. All points into dexterity (MO rings and all with strength) and use 1 point WW to kill bosses along with up to 10 blades from QoB...  Wink Forget about the scorpion blade and craft all your gear with renewal potions or shrines until you've got the full Creed set or some lovely SSSUs...  Wink –use something else for heroic bosses though….   Eh?  Check some guides if it doesn’t work as expected…. Happy Upside Down

Thanks, I checked the guides and while there are plenty of good chars there is no such a throwsin like this. My problem is that she was a very powerful char eons ago and now she suffered (I was thinking about because she skips spell damage and +energy). Maybe it was because I skipped Median for a while, now it's a bit better. I got some great early game gear and switched Jitan's to Albrecht's and that works better. Thanks for the infos, I skip SB then (and I'll search for proc SB later). Does Creed set that good? If I remember well crafted/rare stuffs was way better and there are some super SSSU knifes also....

Arioch
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:43 pm

We had a lengthy discussion with various members about throwsins not too long ago.
It could prove insightful for you
http://www.medianxl.com/t5261-throwsin-wychwind-maelstrom-builds

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arioch on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:43 pm

@Asteroth wrote:We had a lengthy discussion with various members about throwsins not too long ago.
It could prove insightful for you
http://www.medianxl.com/t5261-throwsin-wychwind-maelstrom-builds

Thanks a lot, my throwsin just had started to shine but I'll read it now, just to know things better or other way.

Arioch
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixRising on Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:37 pm

afaik Arioch, then Marco made a good Throwsin guide some time ago. Try searching Google for: Marconecro Throwsin and it should come up Smile

PhoenixRising
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arioch on Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:18 pm

@PhoenixRising wrote:afaik Arioch, then Marco made a good Throwsin guide some time ago. Try searching Google for: Marconecro Throwsin and it should come up Smile

Yeah, thanks, I've found it in the compilation of build guides!

Arioch
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixRising on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:28 am

awesome to hear, have fune with it! Smile

PhoenixRising
Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top