Oblitaring the level challenge 1

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oblitaring the level challenge 1

Post by Homm on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:10 am

Hey everyone, i'm back on track with a new toon (fire/poison sorc) completly untwinked but i just figured out how hard is TA for some character. What is the build you love the most to cheese this. I heard some crazy things ingame but i wonder what you guys think.

I kinda love how a Bowzon can cheese it.

Homm
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oblitaring the level challenge 1

Post by archon256 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:47 am

It's easy for all characters if you do the following:

• Save all the uniques you find. You get several from the Act Bosses (you should have killed at least 4 by the time you do LC1). You're going to need 10 uniques to disenchant so you can make a unique Body Armor with the unique creation recipe. Which TU Body Armor you pick doesn't really matter, just gamble as high a tier armor as you can wear and then turn it into a TU (use Sorc body armor for Sorc).
  • Use 2-3 Honorifics in your other slots. Honorifics are very easy to make since all they need is gold (both for gambling the item and converting it to Honorific), and gold is very easy to come by in MXL since you can kill the elite Cave Snappers (Grumblers) in first two A2 Desert Areas and they drop a ton of gold. Use a Summit ("El") RW Helm while doing it for its high gold find.
  • If you're doing a zero-def build (i.e. Tiefling sin or Ecstatic Frenzy zon) stick "Damage Reduced by 2" mystic orbs in all your gear. Otherwise stick "15% Enhanced Defense" MOs in them until they hit 350%, then stick as many "2% Total Character Defense" MOs in them as you can, and finally put Ith runes in all your sockets (save all the runes you find for this purpose).

And that's it. You can do this completely untwinked and it doesn't take any extra time other than the time required to craft the gear. No rerunning of bosses required. At most you'll have to do the first two A2 desert areas 2-3 times for gold. As long as you don't rush blindly into a pack of zons you'll be fine.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:02 am

If he goes light/ice melee sorcerer he can even rush blindly into a group of zons and not have an issue so long as he has the unique melee chest and proper skills. Even more true with a melee character orb.

By level 48 you shouldn't have an issue. Ice queen combined with warp armor should give you plenty of def (even for a non-melee build) and you can prob do it even lower with no issue. Just there's not really a point since the charm can't be used till lvl50.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:09 am

if you stack DR orbs on a full honorific gear you wont get 1 dmg by the arrows, so you actually cannot fail

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:37 am

Or hire act 3 caster mercenary and let him do all the work.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:56 am

get over 10k def

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:40 am

@aknazer wrote:Ice queen combined with warp armor should give you plenty of def
That's the same situation that I described, except you don't need as much gear to hit the 5% chance to be hit mark. There are other builds like that, but I described the general case.
Once you've hit that 5% mark additional defense doesn't help, but you still can't go blindly running into a large pack or even the few hits that do get through will kill you.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aknazer on Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:59 pm

@archon256 wrote:
@aknazer wrote:Ice queen combined with warp armor should give you plenty of def
That's the same situation that I described, except you don't need as much gear to hit the 5% chance to be hit mark. There are other builds like that, but I described the general case.
Once you've hit that 5% mark additional defense doesn't help, but you still can't go blindly running into a large pack or even the few hits that do get through will kill you.

Yea, I was talking about a melee sorc build since if you have them set up properly they're going to have things like LOSIM, LAEK, LL, block, and regen to be able to quickly heal from such things. Especially LL combined with Spiral Dance. Just Ice Queen and Warp Armor should be enough for any ranged sorc, but yea they can't charge into a pack since they don't have the regen and what not that the melee sorc would have (so long as the melee sorc is set up right). You could also go fire/ice for the life regen given all of the armor and DR you get from ice.

aknazer
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:54 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djIri9i9b5Y

only 3 items used (counting merc) , hc, full run < 5 min

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:07 pm

On-topic: I'm fine with Lc1 hc or sc.

Off-topic I haaaaate lc2 with binding on hc (why hc? because you die).

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum