Little merc question

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Little merc question

Post by samlefou on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:38 am

if I give my necrolyte merc a +28 to hailstorm amulet, will his skill get increased?

samlefou
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Little merc question

Post by Str0b3l on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:56 pm

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:09 pm

That is an excellent question that someone much smarter than me would be able to answer. It would depend on whether or not the hailstorm he uses is a clone of the actual skill or not. If I had to venture a guess I would say that yes it would increase his damage as cloning that many skills for all the mercs would be tedious and largely unnecessary given that mercs have only recently been able to wear amulets and such.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:28 pm

When I read the title, "Little Merc", my mind went somewhere else completely.

In regards to your question, I don't know, but I was under the impression that when a character already has the skill in question as part of their class skills, that the game automatically just gave half the bonus or something. I could be completely incorrect and that might have to be a flag set on the item I'm unaware of, but that's what I thought anyhow without looking too hard into it.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Don't think it works, because from what i know + Skills doesn't increase merc Skill levels, just like some other attributes also don't work on mercs. And i think that mercs don't actually "cast" skills, what i think they do is proc those Skills that have a defined lvl. But i could be completely wrong since i don't know much about them anyway and i'm just guessing.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm

@munkyh3ad wrote:Don't think it works, because from what i know + Skills doesn't increase merc Skill levels...

Have to stop you there. You are most definitely incorrect on this one. Back in the day on the Lurker Lounge and Amazon Basin, all things related to the merc were tested and mercs definitely receive bonuses from +all skills, but not class skills. I remember testing being done, I believe on the Keep, that showed when an A1 merc's skill level was increased high enough, she started casting weird shit, like Diablos fire breath, but those were impossible to reach levels without modding capabilities that far exceeded a mercs skills maximum potential in cLod.

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/iguides/merc_resource.php

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:55 pm

Ok, my bad. It's such a pity that the list with attributes was lost with the old forum. Maybe a mod could shed some light on this.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:27 pm

moved to newbie help section.

as Str0b3l said, use the short questions thread for questions like these in the future, please. Smile

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arcology on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Well, if he did put it in short question thread, it wouldn't have any replies. Maybe one or two people know the answer to his question.
Personally, about 1/5th of my questions in short question thread get any response  Crying or Very sad

arcology
Onyx Knight

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

A cookie for Taem being absolutely correct.

This was an issue of much contention BiTD and the big brains at the LL concluded that mercs do not benefit from +all class skills or +specific skills, only +all skills.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum